The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
v2micca
Ring of Famer
 
v2micca's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,018
Default Denver Fans, Please Wait Until Cheering has Been Authorized

That is All.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...Peyton-Manning
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,989

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Without clicking the link, I assume this was when the crowd had the wave going while the offense was on the field late in the 3rd. He was not happy.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,552

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Don't make him come over there. And eat your tapenade or there will be a bowlfull of pain for desert.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,945

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Yeah they can be really stupid. I usually only see that crap in preseason.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #5
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer
 
Lycan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,475
Default

I love how quiet it got after that.

Peyton says shut up, you shut up.
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,552

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

That huge forehead houses a crowd jamming device. Classified deets but it's state of the art in mass STFU technology. Apparently has a punitive mode that has yet to be tested because the scientists are all upset about the ethical stuff.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #7
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,351
Default

This game had some funny moments, the chastising the crowd and stare by Manning, and the throw to Moreno when he was on his ass, and the lateral to avoid the sack.....

the more I watch Manning as our QB, I laugh out loud at those morons who didn't want him at all, or resisted the signing of him by Elway......and love watching him shove it farther up their asses by consistently making play after play.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #8
Smilin Assassin
Tradition
 
Smilin Assassin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,888
Default

Is that what it was? The wave?

I was wondering why the crowd suddenly got so loud on 3rd down.

C'mon, man!
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #9
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,404

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Now if only he would start slapping the phones out of the hands of the texting people, we'd be good.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #10
sinuous sausage
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah they can be really stupid. I usually only see that crap in preseason.
I'd say they were acting like Charger fans, but everyone knows there aren't enough of those capable of making a wave that would piss off PFM
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #11
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,989

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Let me start with this: it is/was completely stupid to make noise while your offense is on the field.

But let me cut the crowd a bit of slack; we were up like 18 points at the time (I think), we were completely rolling, the crowd was happy, etc.

Still stupid but the atmosphere there was fun today during/after that 3rd quarter.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #12
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 29,762

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

I was at the game and I can tell you he had every reason to be pissed off. You don't do the wave when a team is on offense. It's ****ing stupid. Because everyone has to make that silly wooooooo sound. It made it really loud and it was clearly impacting his audible calls. It was embarrassing, that silly **** NEVER happened at old mile high. Does it matter since we won, no. But at the time it wasn't sealed yet.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #13
sinuous sausage
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
I was at the game and I can tell you he had every reason to be pissed off. You don't do the wave when a team is on offense. It's ****ing stupid. Because everyone has to make that silly wooooooo sound. It made it really loud and it was clearly impacting his audible calls. It was embarrassing, that silly **** NEVER happened at old mile high. Does it matter since we won, no. But at the time it wasn't sealed yet.
In actually mad at the fact the wave was happening at all, regardless of time and place.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #14
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,552

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Wasn't the wine and cheese crowd. We usually decant the wine while the offense is on the field... don't want to spill a fine wine doing something dumb like cheering for a football team.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #15
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
I was at the game and I can tell you he had every reason to be pissed off. You don't do the wave when a team is on offense. It's ****ing stupid. Because everyone has to make that silly wooooooo sound. It made it really loud and it was clearly impacting his audible calls. It was embarrassing, that silly **** NEVER happened at old mile high. Does it matter since we won, no. But at the time it wasn't sealed yet.
Lol you don't do the wave at all. That's for L.A. Fans to do in sports.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #16
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,989

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Wasn't the wine and cheese crowd. We usually decant the wine while the offense is on the field... don't want to spill a fine wine doing something dumb like cheering for a football team.
omg lyke totes bro!
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #17
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinuous sausage View Post
In actually mad at the fact the wave was happening at all, regardless of time and place.
Not the first time it's happened this year either.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #18
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
the more I watch Manning as our QB, I laugh out loud at those morons who didn't want him at all, or resisted the signing of him by Elway......and love watching him shove it farther up their asses by consistently making play after play.
jfc will you let this straw man just die already
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #19
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,515

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

I couldn't believe it was going on while it was happening... how ****ing stupid were some of these people.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #20
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

You fans at the game need to shut the **** up when Peyton has the ball...... that's all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #21
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 29,762

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Lol you don't do the wave at all. That's for L.A. Fans to do in sports.
Exactly, I can understand they were happy and I refuse to participate in any wave, but the bush league nature of when they were doing it and the situation of the drive, was just embarrassing. I understand they were ahead by 18 but it was still close enough that another score helps the comfort level. Yet here are the idiots doing a wave and this undulating sound of buffoonery while our offense is trying to audible. I seriously think anyone trying to do the wave in the old stadium would have been throat punch, Spider style.

God, I sound like an old man, and the general wine and cheese nature of the crowd doesn't bother me as much as others. But the wave has always been something that drives me nuts and you just don't do it when your team is on offense.

It really only got quiet when they flashed on the Jumbo-Tron to shut up.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #22
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,552

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
omg lyke totes bro!
Btw if you guys don't sit down we will text your location to the authorities.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #23
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,552

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Exactly, I can understand they were happy and I refuse to participate in any wave, but the bush league nature of when they were doing it and the situation of the drive, was just embarrassing. I understand they were ahead by 18 but it was still close enough that another score helps the comfort level. Yet here are the idiots doing a wave and this undulating sound of buffoonery while our offense is trying to audible. I seriously think anyone trying to do the wave in the old stadium would have been throat punch, Spider style.

God, I sound like an old man, and the general wine and cheese nature of the crowd doesn't bother me as much as others. But the wave has always been something that drives me nuts and you just don't do it when your team is on offense.

It really only got quiet when they flashed on the Jumbo-Tron to shut up.

They need a Manning version of this on the big screen.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #24
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,274

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

I heard the roar on TV and I thought to myself "these toolbags are doing "the wave" when Peyton Manning and the offense are driving, ON 3RD DOWN no less"

Good grief. We have got to have more sports savvy than that.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #25
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..
 
Jekyll15Hyde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
jfc will you let this straw man just die already
I prefer to see it continue on.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Denver Broncos