The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2013, 01:40 AM   #1
driver
Pro Bowler

Second Oldest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast
Default I wonder if it's painful

Having non consensual sex with a Zebra?
Maybe the Texans could answer the question.

NFL officials better get their act together, they're becoming a laughing-stock.
driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2013, 03:36 AM   #2
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Indy has historically gotten great calls vs any team not named New England.

Besides... how much do you think the NFL wants to see Indy vs Denver again in the playoffs? Not that they're instructing the refs to see that happen. You know the NFL wants it though.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:39 AM   #3
mennonite
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Crooked or just completely incompetent?

Is there any website that keeps track of all the major blown calls each week?
mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:49 AM   #4
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver View Post
Having non consensual sex with a Zebra?
Maybe the Texans could answer the question.

NFL officials better get their act together, they're becoming a laughing-stock.
It's almost to the point I wonder if some of this is fixed
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:10 AM   #5
driver
Pro Bowler

Second Oldest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
yeah, I was thinking the same thing, do you remember the NBA ref's scandal.

10 or 15 yrs ago a bunch of them were caught controlling the point spread.

Makes you think, maybe
driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #6
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Yes I wonder the same.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #7
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

it's a fixed league.I have no doubt on that one.PIT win against SEA in SB, Last year playoff loss against Ravens to name a few.
It's a business and you want big market teams to reach playoffs.
NE, PIT, Indy,Baltimore seems to get more favorable calls.

Last edited by go_broncos; 11-04-2013 at 06:54 AM..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #8
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
it's a fixed league.I have no doubt on that one.PIT win against SEA in SB, Last year playoff loss against Ravens to name a few.
Pitt, Indy and Baltimore big market teams?!
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #9
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
I always find myself feeling like we get the short end of the stick on calls the last couple years, and then wonder if it's just me being a fan.

It sure as hell seems like we get dicked on calls quite often. That mugging of Holliday during the Washington game is a good example, looking at some of the calls made during the Chiefs game for roughness made it a joke.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #10
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

I firmly believe that the NFL tries to market certain players and storylines. The Seattle/ Pitt Superbowl was the win one for Bettis storyline. Last year it was a combo of the Brother bowl and Ray Lewis' last harrah.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:19 AM   #11
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Yes I wonder the same.
When they go behind the hood for minutes and still come out with a painfully obvious FUBAR call when the whole world can see they are wrong, it does elicit that thought doesn't it?
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:21 AM   #12
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Sometimes the calls are really puzzling. Yesterday in the Seattle game a receiver caught the ball for about a 6 yd gain, but was diving for the ball. When he hit the ground and rolled over replay showed him clearly lose control of the ball, using the ground to regain the ball during the roll. But the refs had called good catch. Tampa challenged the catch. Commentators were looking at it during the replay and even brought in Perriera. Everyone of them said this should be overturned...no catch.

Replay progressed and then they upheld call on the field. I was like WTF!

The next play went and Tampa stopped Seattle on 3rd and 3, and forced the FG ( made it 24-17) so you could say that it had no effect on the game. But plays like that are where the "fix" comments come from. When teams constantly get favorable rulings on what should be obvious calls, or the calls are not made at all ( example Golden Tate had a 71 yd punt return that should have been dead due to an obvious block in the back that was not called ( official standing 4 yds away looking at it) , you begin to wonder.

I would not be surprised if there is a cadre of officials who are getting rich by "fixing" games for Vegas interests, by simply not throwing penalty flags , or throwing them for ticky tack fouls that have no real effect on the play. It is very easy for this to happen. It happened to us last year against Baltimore.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #13
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
When they go behind the hood for minutes and still come out with a painfully obvious FUBAR call when the whole world can see they are wrong, it does elicit that thought doesn't it?
Ya that reviewed fumble out of bounds call in the Houston game where they claimed the players foot touched the ball while he was out of bounds was so obviously wrong it should be investigated by the gaming commission. I understand you can miss a call in real time but like you say they got that one wrong when the review clearly showed the player did not touch the ball with his foot/leg as claimed.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:44 AM   #14
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Sometimes the calls are really puzzling. Yesterday in the Seattle game a receiver caught the ball for about a 6 yd gain, but was diving for the ball. When he hit the ground and rolled over replay showed him clearly lose control of the ball, using the ground to regain the ball during the roll. But the refs had called good catch. Tampa challenged the catch. Commentators were looking at it during the replay and even brought in Perriera. Everyone of them said this should be overturned...no catch.

The next play went and Tampa stopped Seattle on 3rd and 3, and forced the FG ( made it 24-17) so you could say that it had no effect on the game. But plays like that are where the "fix" comments come from. When teams constantly get favorable rulings on what should be obvious calls, or the calls are not made at all ( example Golden Tate had a 71 yd punt return that should have been dead due to an obvious block in the back that was not called ( official standing 4 yds away looking at it) , you begin to wonder.

I would not be surprised if there is a cadre of officials who are getting rich by "fixing" games for Vegas interests, by simply not throwing penalty flags , or throwing them for ticky tack fouls that have no real effect on the play. It is very easy for this to happen. It happened to us last year against Baltimore.
Vages can be very persuasive, zebra head in the bed for example. We are talking millions at stake. When you think about it it's harder to believe the game is perfectly clean that somewhat influenced by crooked calls.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:11 AM   #15
Bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Talib

I hope Indy keeps winning I really think they are an easy path to get to the afc championship in the playoffs.
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #16
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post

Good point..Easy money for the officials.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #17
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
CUT VON MILLER!!!!111!1!111!
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #18
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

Indy @ Houston, that was our old friend Bill Vinovich. Remember him?

BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #19
enjolras
Ring of Famer

I'm hoping to see something from the NFL about wether or not a defender can knock the ball away while the receiver is on the ground, making the pass incomplete. The same thing happened in the Chiefs game and it was also ruled an incompletion.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #20
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

The indy game looked fixed last night. Colts were gifted 6 by the fake roughing the passer call. At the end of the day, the Texans still blew it, but to me it looked like the fix was in.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #21
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
CUT VON MILLER!!!!111!1!111!
Mcd is great coach..
Old 11-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #22
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
I'm hoping to see something from the NFL about wether or not a defender can knock the ball away while the receiver is on the ground, making the pass incomplete. The same thing happened in the Chiefs game and it was also ruled an incompletion.
Notice that there is absolutely NO discussion in the media of several plays during the games yesterday, and no discussion of the officials blowing obvious replay decisions. That some NFL games are probably fixed is now pretty questionable and
discussion of BAD officials is prohibited. The NFL could not stand any proof of games being fixed, as the hit to its popularity would be Extreme , to say the least.

I think that the only way to correct the situation is to allow teams at least ONE challenge of a play where a penalty was NOT called in some situations ( example Balt pick 6 in the playoff last year where there was obvious pass interference against Decker) and that the challenge will allow a penalty to be called by a replay official on the Defense. You could limit this to turnover plays for instance, and only to skill players ( otherwise holding would be called at all times). In addition the other two challenges allowed continue for regular plays.

I also think that ALL replays should be handled by a replay official OFF the field who is not normally assigned to that crew, and that he review process should be open to the public. ( which views are being looked at etc.).

The NFL had better start cleaning up its officiating act or there is going to be more and more public call for investigation of these types of calls.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #23
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Yeah, because the last thing the league wanted last year was Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #24
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Refs have needed to supplement their income ever since they got locked out.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #25
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

maybe they should be given random lie detector tests?