The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default Props to Brady Quinn.....

His on field performance was legit (19/23 201 yards and 2 TDs) but especially for the way he handled himslef on the podium in the post game press conference.......He took some heat while in Denver but I actually feel as though he's an adequate backup and as evidenced from his composure and perspective , a FIRST CLASS human being..........

" Finally, this piece of wisdom from one of Sunday's heroes. Brady Quinn, drafted by the Browns in 2007, hasn't had a lot of great moments in the NFL. In fact, he hasn't had a lot of good ones. But yesterday was a great day for Quinn, and for his Chiefs. He was the most mature adult in the room -- the room being the entire NFL -- in Week 13 when he eloquently used his post-game platform to address the larger society and how it may have failed Jovan Belcher. "When you ask someone how they are doing, do you really mean it? When you answer someone back how you are doing, are you really telling the truth? We live in a society of social networks, with Twitter pages and Facebook, and that's fine, but we have contact with our work associates, our family, our friends, and it seems like half the time we are more preoccupied with our phone and other things going on instead of the actual relationships that we have right in front of us. Hopefully, people can learn from this and try to actually help if someone is battling something deeper on the inside than what they are revealing on a day-to-day basis."

That, folks, is the best message I can leave you with today.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2E1VTxS2G
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
His on field performance was legit (19/23 201 yards and 2 TDs) but especially for the way he handled himslef on the podium in the post game press conference.......He took some heat while in Denver but I actually feel as though he's an adequate backup and as evidenced from his composure and perspective , a FIRST CLASS human being..........

" Finally, this piece of wisdom from one of Sunday's heroes. Brady Quinn, drafted by the Browns in 2007, hasn't had a lot of great moments in the NFL. In fact, he hasn't had a lot of good ones. But yesterday was a great day for Quinn, and for his Chiefs. He was the most mature adult in the room -- the room being the entire NFL -- in Week 13 when he eloquently used his post-game platform to address the larger society and how it may have failed Jovan Belcher. "When you ask someone how they are doing, do you really mean it? When you answer someone back how you are doing, are you really telling the truth? We live in a society of social networks, with Twitter pages and Facebook, and that's fine, but we have contact with our work associates, our family, our friends, and it seems like half the time we are more preoccupied with our phone and other things going on instead of the actual relationships that we have right in front of us. Hopefully, people can learn from this and try to actually help if someone is battling something deeper on the inside than what they are revealing on a day-to-day basis."

I have said so all along and got blasted for it every time.

...and very impressive was he with his comments on the terrible thing that transpired.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
Fusionfrontman
Perennial Pro-bowler

Love this. When I saw him say this, I immediatley gained an immense amount of respect for him as a human being, and he played well on top of it. Good for him. I think this message will unfortunatley get lost, but it is true. How often do you spend time with someone and they have their phone out at all times. Next time you're out to dinner or at the bar, look around and count how many people this applies to. It's upsetting when you realize we are losing touch with reality.
Fusionfrontman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Yup, agreed. From Romeo and Quinn's press conference you can tell the weight these guys are carrying around with them. I imagine Charles is really doing poorly also as his wife's cousin was the victim. It's impressive they were able to pull out such a performance yesterday.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post

Props to your avator!! That girl is HOT!!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #6
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

blah blah blah, can't wait until this non-football story moves on....
Jesterhole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #7
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
/rollseyes ...
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #8
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterahole View Post
Fixed that for you.
Chris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #9
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Fixed that for you.
Is that a gangster'd out pizza roll in your avatar??

I like.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #10
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Brady Quinn, keen observer of the human condition.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #11
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quinn is a really good guy, he played like a franchise QB on sunday.
he likely won't be a starter in this league in the future but he is a good teammate to have when there isn't a certain QB on the roster.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #12
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Fixed that for you.
Thanks sweetheart, you are the rest of your church group can just keep singing and praying...
Jesterhole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #13
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
Thanks sweetheart, you are the rest of your church group can just keep singing and praying...
i'm sorry but that's just hilarious
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #14
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Is that a gangster'd out pizza roll in your avatar??

I like.
I mean... what else bruh?
Old 12-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #15
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterahole View Post
Are there hot chicks at this church group?

Do they accept atheists? I'll do it if I can keep a bottle of whiskey under the lectern and do the gospel freakout.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #16
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

This thread is turning really gay, really fast. Stay classy OMane.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #17
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

he also said in referring to his 12 straight completions that he "definitely got some help from number 59 up in the sky"

or whatever that dudes number was.....
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #18
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
he also said in referring to his 12 straight completions that he "definitely got some help from number 59 up in the sky"

or whatever that dudes number was.....
The guy who murdered his girlfriend, and then traumatized a bunch of people by blowing his brains out in front of them, is up in the sky playing guardian angel for Brady Quinn? If that's true God is one ****ed up dude...
Old 12-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #19
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
The guy who murdered his girlfriend, and then traumatized a bunch of people by blowing his brains out in front of them, is up in the sky playing guardian angel for Brady Quinn? If that's true God is one ****ed up dude...
thats what I was getting at....if there is anyone up there looking out for him, I would sure hope its not a guy liket that
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #20
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

I hope Quinn does just enough to have KC think he is the future of the franchise.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #21
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I hope Quinn does just enough to have KC think he is the future of the franchise.
That would be awesome.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #22
sinuous sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
This thread is turning really gay, really fast. Stay classy OMane.
Brady Quinn, bro