The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #76
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Well, after reading this my interest has dropped dramatically...

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...r-act-together
I've got to admit, Reggie McKenzie is showing some guts. He's showing the team that he doesn't care where they were drafted. Produce or adios.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #77
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
The key in OAK is they have to take second or third tier talent for coaches becaus of the interference form the owners box. No self respecting qualified coach would take the grief.
Not anymore, Al died.

I do think Allen will be given a couple years, his team hasn't been terrible, he could have come out and been worse than Romeo but he has done better with less talent.

I do think not having a young QB will hurt him. They are going to need to replace Palmer ASAP and won't be able to draft anything that will be better than him this year, they will have to hit bottom next year or find a better Vet.

I figure Allen will be lucky to finish at or near .400 after about 4 years and the Raiders will be forced to make a change but he will go on to better success at his next HC gig.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #78
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Not anymore, Al died.

I do think Allen will be given a couple years, his team hasn't been terrible, he could have come out and been worse than Romeo but he has done better with less talent.

I do think not having a young QB will hurt him. They are going to need to replace Palmer ASAP and won't be able to draft anything that will be better than him this year, they will have to hit bottom next year or find a better Vet.

I figure Allen will be lucky to finish at or near .400 after about 4 years and the Raiders will be forced to make a change but he will go on to better success at his next HC gig.
They have other problems like the lowest revenue producing stadium in the NFL.
Anyone wants them relevant just move them back to Los Angeles.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #79
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Abraham is killing 64
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #80
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

now 64 faks an injury to get off the field and away from Abraham
Old 11-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #81
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
That's not true anymore, Al's dead.
Son is stepping up and doing much the same thing. Just made threats to the team and coaching staff a week or so ago.
Like father like son.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #82
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Not anymore, Al died.

See post above it was widely reported on NFLN IIRC. His son is now in charge and publicly made the statements.

Something that is the kiss of death worse than giving a vote of confidence.

There is something wrong in the owners box.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #83
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Son is stepping up and doing much the same thing. Just made threats to the team and coaching staff a week or so ago.
Like father like son.
I disagree. The Raiders are cleaning house at great expense. Mackenzie is a good GM. Raiders will be good in a couple of seasons. The son is still an unknown.

Since Reggie McKenzie took over he has released 27 players from the previous regime.

Last edited by baja; 11-29-2012 at 10:05 PM..
Old 11-30-2012, 04:51 AM   #84
Bacchus

Quote:
I disagree. The Raiders are cleaning house at great expense. Mackenzie is a good GM. Raiders will be good in a couple of seasons. The son is still an unknown.

Since Reggie McKenzie took over he has released 27 players from the previous regime.
What proof do you have that he is a good GM? I'll need to see some drafts first and foremost anyone can release sucky players. He has released 27 players who has he brought in that was any good?
Old 11-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #85
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

^
See post #2.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #86
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Not released, apparently:

Quote:
Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson

--->RT @JayGlazer: Raiders are NOT releasing Rolando McClain, instead however the team has suspended him for conduct detrimenta
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #87
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

If he's cut bring him in for a look. The guy had talent in college and it is really hard to gauge WTF is going on when it comes to the ****show in OAK. That said, Mcclain did do some dumb **** so I'm skeptical. If we brought him in though he'd be surrounded by pros and I assume we'd protect ourselves contractually. If not, he's not worth it. But if the talent and desire are there and the contract is right we might be able to get some performance out of the guy and address a big need. But skeptical.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #88
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
What proof do you have that he is a good GM? I'll need to see some drafts first and foremost anyone can release sucky players. He has released 27 players who has he brought in that was any good?
How would one "prove" that?

The consensus around the league was that the Raiders made a very good choice with Mackenzie
Old 11-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #89
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
How would one "prove" that?

The consensus around the league was that the Raiders made a very good choice with Mackenzie
Right now Mckenzie just cleaning house. Cutting fat contracts and getting the books in order. he will ne 2-3 yrs before we can really judge him because the team in such a mess.

Even McFadden may be on his way out sooner then later.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #90
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

he didn't get cut. He's suspended.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #91
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:

Son I'd not an unknown he has been involved in the running of the team for awhile.
He did not just start when the biggest problem died. You have to know that jr learned it all from his dad since he was not to the best of my knowledge on another teams. Only worked for the raiders.

The biggest indicator was a few weeks ago him going public (media) saying that this team was unacceptable. Which we all know it is not. But it is something that you keep in house. PERIOD. If you look back at the history of the NFL few if any owners speak to the press good or bad. They allow the FO to be the mouthpiece.

Him and the owner of the titans where pissed off about the same time.

While I like Allen I'd do not think he was ready. But since they are the raiders top notch HC or coordinators will not go there because of the interference from the owners box.

Gruden was the last one and he managed to get himself traded to a franchise that wanted experts running the team and not yes men for the owner.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #92
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

Sounds more like McDaniels to me. Releasing 27 players is putting a lot of pressure on himself as he is probably an egomaniac and wants the credit with his own players. This, if at all, will take a few years. Raiders still have to wait for being anything good in this league.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #93
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

McClain is a pure 34 TED LB, meaning two down thumper that does not play in space. He's not a fit for any 43 defense IMO. I've always viewed him as identical to Bart Scott. I actually think he'd be a downgrade on both Mays and Brooking in our 3-3-5 styling, even in that limited role.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #94
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

First round draft picks are a lot easier to make expendable when you're not the regime who drafted him.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote