The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #51
canadianbroncosfan

@VicLombardi : "I can confirm the Broncos have no interest" (replying to a tweet asking him about going out and getting Babin)
Old 11-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #52
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

damn you Elway and your building through the draft mantra!
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #53
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
@VicLombardi : "I can confirm the Broncos have no interest" (replying to a tweet asking him about going out and getting Babin)
That's because you can't be in your 10th year with your sack totals on the fast decline meanwhile you suck against the run.

No thanks. We don't have a problem with QB pressure and sacks. We rank #1 in sacks with 37. If we could use somebody, it would be a massive DT that can eat up blockers and help stuff the run.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #54
Bmore Manning

I'm shocked by the amount of quality posters who want this guy...he's not strong against the run or rushing the passer. We need Interior help still...
Old 11-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #55
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I'm shocked by the amount of quality posters who want this guy...he's not strong against the run or rushing the passer. We need Interior help still...
you must be new around here
Old 11-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #56
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Pats just lost a DE to PEDs. I would claim him just to keep the Pats from getting any help.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #57
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Pats just lost a DE to PEDs. I would claim him just to keep the Pats from getting any help.
! At least your doing it to keep him from being a Patriot, but you felt the same way about Edwards. Who I would be interested in on the strong side.. Wolfe hasn't been doing it for me...
Old 11-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #58
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
We already have a fierce pass rusher who is not a run stopper. Patriots on the other hand would get even more better by picking him up.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #59
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
We already have a fierce pass rusher who is not a run stopper. Patriots on the other hand would get even more better by picking him up.
You just agreed with me.. It's that very skill set why I don't want him. And I understand he might help them, but schematically he doesn't fit their flexible defense. Not to mention I'm not afraid of him on the opposing team..
Old 11-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #60
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
You just agreed with me.. It's that very skill set why I don't want him. And I understand he might help them, but schematically he doesn't fit their flexible defense. Not to mention I'm not afraid of him on the opposing team..
Yep. I should've said you're right at the start of that post. I also agree this year I'm not scared to see him on the other side either. Last year maybe. He was playing with more effort last year it seems.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #61
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Yep. I should've said you're right at the start of that post. I also agree this year I'm not scared to see him on the other side either. Last year maybe. He was playing with more effort last year it seems.
I don't understand what happened there, but there is a plathora of talent on the defensive line..
Old 11-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #62
Nwp-Apap

All this talk of "claiming" and "waivers". You do realize he has been in the league longer than 4 years and is no longer subject to waivers? He can talk to, and sign with, whichever teams he pleases.

Apparently he is coming for a visit tomorrow. http://phillysportsnut.com/eagles-cu...e-of-the-move/ doesn't seem very credible, but food for thought.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #63
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwp-Apap View Post
All this talk of "claiming" and "waivers". You do realize he has been in the league longer than 4 years and is no longer subject to waivers? He can talk to, and sign with, whichever teams he pleases.

Apparently he is coming for a visit tomorrow. http://phillysportsnut.com/eagles-cu...e-of-the-move/ doesn't seem very credible, but food for thought.
That's actually a smart move. Show interest, drive the price up, make others pay more then they want. Football management 101.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #64
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I'll tell you who doesn't scare me and that is Jermaine Cunningham on or off PED's. Also Chandler Jones is still hurt. Letting the Pats land Babin without a fight is not a good move IMO.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #65
Bmore Manning

Quote:
I'll tell you who doesn't scare me and that is Jermaine Cunningham on or off PED's. Also Chandler Jones is still hurt. Letting the Pats land Babin without a fight is not a good move IMO.
I'd rather have Ray Edwards on the strong side..
Old 11-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #66
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

So who's wrong Lombardi or this website? Cause each is saying the opposite.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #67
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

I would be surprised if duh bears passed on him. They need OL help more but they have no quality DE depth behind Peppers. Plus it sounds like they were interested in FA.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #68
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

Quote:

All players who are cut after the trade deadline are subject to waivers if I'm not mistaken.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #69
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
So who's wrong Lombardi or this website? Cause each is saying the opposite.
After how sure Lombardi was about us landing Manning when every report had him going to the Titans and 49ers; until he proves me wrong I will not doubt the man and his sources.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #70
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
You simply don't sign somebody just because they MIGHT be able to help another team and you want to prevent that. That is fantasy talk, not the real world. You sign guys that help YOUR team. He would not help us much. Again, the Broncos lead the NFL in sacks. They don't need a 10 year vet who's sacks are starting to tail off big time, and especially one that sucks against the run.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #71
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
All players who are cut after the trade deadline are subject to waivers if I'm not mistaken.
I believe this to be the case.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #72
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

Hmm I thought once after deadline you have to clear waivers. Orton was claimed last year by KC how long has he been in the league?
Old 11-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #73
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Since there is no interest in Babin I wonder if there is interest in Okoye. I know a lot of us were interested in him awhile back.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #74
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Hmm I thought once after deadline you have to clear waivers. Orton was claimed last year by KC how long has he been in the league?
You're exactly right

Waivers
An NFL player may be waived by his current team for reasons of performance or declining skill. Anytime a player is waived between Feb. 1 and the trade deadline (the end of the sixth week of the NFL season), the player is free to negotiate a new contract with any team. However, if a team waives the player after the trade deadline, he is subject to the waiver claim process--by reverse order of the NFL standings. Any player claimed in this capacity is granted additional rights based on whether he has a no-trade provision in the player contract. A player with a no-trade provision may become an unrestricted free agent immediately following that season. A player without a no-trade provision may become an unrestricted free agent following the next subsequent season. If a player without a no-trade provision is signed only through the current season, he may also declare for free agency immediately after the season.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #75
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
You're exactly right

Waivers
An NFL player may be waived by his current team for reasons of performance or declining skill. Anytime a player is waived between Feb. 1 and the trade deadline (the end of the sixth week of the NFL season), the player is free to negotiate a new contract with any team. However, if a team waives the player after the trade deadline, he is subject to the waiver claim process--by reverse order of the NFL standings. Any player claimed in this capacity is granted additional rights based on whether he has a no-trade provision in the player contract. A player with a no-trade provision may become an unrestricted free agent immediately following that season. A player without a no-trade provision may become an unrestricted free agent following the next subsequent season. If a player without a no-trade provision is signed only through the current season, he may also declare for free agency immediately after the season.
http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=league
I don't get this, how can the Pats be both ahead of us in playoff standings and be ahead of us in waiver standings?

Last edited by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun; 11-27-2012 at 10:05 PM..
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote