The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #51
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

@VicLombardi : "I can confirm the Broncos have no interest" (replying to a tweet asking him about going out and getting Babin)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #52
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,382
Default

damn you Elway and your building through the draft mantra!
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #53
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,063

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
@VicLombardi : "I can confirm the Broncos have no interest" (replying to a tweet asking him about going out and getting Babin)
That's because you can't be in your 10th year with your sack totals on the fast decline meanwhile you suck against the run.

No thanks. We don't have a problem with QB pressure and sacks. We rank #1 in sacks with 37. If we could use somebody, it would be a massive DT that can eat up blockers and help stuff the run.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #54
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I'm shocked by the amount of quality posters who want this guy...he's not strong against the run or rushing the passer. We need Interior help still...
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #55
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I'm shocked by the amount of quality posters who want this guy...he's not strong against the run or rushing the passer. We need Interior help still...
you must be new around here
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #56
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,654

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I'm shocked by the amount of quality posters who want this guy...he's not strong against the run or rushing the passer. We need Interior help still...
Pats just lost a DE to PEDs. I would claim him just to keep the Pats from getting any help.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #57
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Pats just lost a DE to PEDs. I would claim him just to keep the Pats from getting any help.
! At least your doing it to keep him from being a Patriot, but you felt the same way about Edwards. Who I would be interested in on the strong side.. Wolfe hasn't been doing it for me...
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #58
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I'm shocked by the amount of quality posters who want this guy...he's not strong against the run or rushing the passer. We need Interior help still...
We already have a fierce pass rusher who is not a run stopper. Patriots on the other hand would get even more better by picking him up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #59
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
We already have a fierce pass rusher who is not a run stopper. Patriots on the other hand would get even more better by picking him up.
You just agreed with me.. It's that very skill set why I don't want him. And I understand he might help them, but schematically he doesn't fit their flexible defense. Not to mention I'm not afraid of him on the opposing team..
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #60
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
You just agreed with me.. It's that very skill set why I don't want him. And I understand he might help them, but schematically he doesn't fit their flexible defense. Not to mention I'm not afraid of him on the opposing team..
Yep. I should've said you're right at the start of that post. I also agree this year I'm not scared to see him on the other side either. Last year maybe. He was playing with more effort last year it seems.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #61
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Yep. I should've said you're right at the start of that post. I also agree this year I'm not scared to see him on the other side either. Last year maybe. He was playing with more effort last year it seems.
I don't understand what happened there, but there is a plathora of talent on the defensive line..
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #62
Nwp-Apap
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

All this talk of "claiming" and "waivers". You do realize he has been in the league longer than 4 years and is no longer subject to waivers? He can talk to, and sign with, whichever teams he pleases.

Apparently he is coming for a visit tomorrow. http://phillysportsnut.com/eagles-cu...e-of-the-move/ doesn't seem very credible, but food for thought.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #63
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,063

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwp-Apap View Post
All this talk of "claiming" and "waivers". You do realize he has been in the league longer than 4 years and is no longer subject to waivers? He can talk to, and sign with, whichever teams he pleases.

Apparently he is coming for a visit tomorrow. http://phillysportsnut.com/eagles-cu...e-of-the-move/ doesn't seem very credible, but food for thought.
That's actually a smart move. Show interest, drive the price up, make others pay more then they want. Football management 101.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #64
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,654

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Yep. I should've said you're right at the start of that post. I also agree this year I'm not scared to see him on the other side either. Last year maybe. He was playing with more effort last year it seems.
I'll tell you who doesn't scare me and that is Jermaine Cunningham on or off PED's. Also Chandler Jones is still hurt. Letting the Pats land Babin without a fight is not a good move IMO.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #65
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I'll tell you who doesn't scare me and that is Jermaine Cunningham on or off PED's. Also Chandler Jones is still hurt. Letting the Pats land Babin without a fight is not a good move IMO.
I'd rather have Ray Edwards on the strong side..
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #66
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwp-Apap View Post
All this talk of "claiming" and "waivers". You do realize he has been in the league longer than 4 years and is no longer subject to waivers? He can talk to, and sign with, whichever teams he pleases.

Apparently he is coming for a visit tomorrow. http://phillysportsnut.com/eagles-cu...e-of-the-move/ doesn't seem very credible, but food for thought.
So who's wrong Lombardi or this website? Cause each is saying the opposite.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #67
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,642

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

I would be surprised if duh bears passed on him. They need OL help more but they have no quality DE depth behind Peppers. Plus it sounds like they were interested in FA.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #68
Ziggy
Pro Bowler
 
Ziggy's Avatar
 
Noob

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwp-Apap View Post
All this talk of "claiming" and "waivers". You do realize he has been in the league longer than 4 years and is no longer subject to waivers? He can talk to, and sign with, whichever teams he pleases.

Apparently he is coming for a visit tomorrow. http://phillysportsnut.com/eagles-cu...e-of-the-move/ doesn't seem very credible, but food for thought.
All players who are cut after the trade deadline are subject to waivers if I'm not mistaken.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #69
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
So who's wrong Lombardi or this website? Cause each is saying the opposite.
After how sure Lombardi was about us landing Manning when every report had him going to the Titans and 49ers; until he proves me wrong I will not doubt the man and his sources.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #70
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,063

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I'll tell you who doesn't scare me and that is Jermaine Cunningham on or off PED's. Also Chandler Jones is still hurt. Letting the Pats land Babin without a fight is not a good move IMO.
You simply don't sign somebody just because they MIGHT be able to help another team and you want to prevent that. That is fantasy talk, not the real world. You sign guys that help YOUR team. He would not help us much. Again, the Broncos lead the NFL in sacks. They don't need a 10 year vet who's sacks are starting to tail off big time, and especially one that sucks against the run.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #71
mkporter
Ring of Famer
 
mkporter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,675

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
All players who are cut after the trade deadline are subject to waivers if I'm not mistaken.
I believe this to be the case.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #72
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwp-Apap View Post
All this talk of "claiming" and "waivers". You do realize he has been in the league longer than 4 years and is no longer subject to waivers? He can talk to, and sign with, whichever teams he pleases.

Apparently he is coming for a visit tomorrow. http://phillysportsnut.com/eagles-cu...e-of-the-move/ doesn't seem very credible, but food for thought.
Hmm I thought once after deadline you have to clear waivers. Orton was claimed last year by KC how long has he been in the league?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #73
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,287

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Since there is no interest in Babin I wonder if there is interest in Okoye. I know a lot of us were interested in him awhile back.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #74
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Hmm I thought once after deadline you have to clear waivers. Orton was claimed last year by KC how long has he been in the league?
You're exactly right

Waivers
An NFL player may be waived by his current team for reasons of performance or declining skill. Anytime a player is waived between Feb. 1 and the trade deadline (the end of the sixth week of the NFL season), the player is free to negotiate a new contract with any team. However, if a team waives the player after the trade deadline, he is subject to the waiver claim process--by reverse order of the NFL standings. Any player claimed in this capacity is granted additional rights based on whether he has a no-trade provision in the player contract. A player with a no-trade provision may become an unrestricted free agent immediately following that season. A player without a no-trade provision may become an unrestricted free agent following the next subsequent season. If a player without a no-trade provision is signed only through the current season, he may also declare for free agency immediately after the season.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #75
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,408

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
You're exactly right

Waivers
An NFL player may be waived by his current team for reasons of performance or declining skill. Anytime a player is waived between Feb. 1 and the trade deadline (the end of the sixth week of the NFL season), the player is free to negotiate a new contract with any team. However, if a team waives the player after the trade deadline, he is subject to the waiver claim process--by reverse order of the NFL standings. Any player claimed in this capacity is granted additional rights based on whether he has a no-trade provision in the player contract. A player with a no-trade provision may become an unrestricted free agent immediately following that season. A player without a no-trade provision may become an unrestricted free agent following the next subsequent season. If a player without a no-trade provision is signed only through the current season, he may also declare for free agency immediately after the season.
http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=league
I don't get this, how can the Pats be both ahead of us in playoff standings and be ahead of us in waiver standings?

Last edited by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun; 11-27-2012 at 10:05 PM..
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:04 PM.


Denver Broncos