The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,409

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby
Default Keenan Allen delcares

Wouldn't mind snagging him as the no. 2 WR and kicking Decker to the slot and Willis to the street.

razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,228

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Austin is better
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #3
g6matty
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

D Andre Hopkins would be nice too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:38 AM   #4
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,549
Default

Allen should go right around the Top 10 regardless of what any draft sites think. He's a flawless receiver that played with a terrible QB. With the Jets, Vikings, and Dolphins picking in the 10-15 range, he won't escape to the late first.

I do really like your idea of finding an outside receiver and moving Decker to the slot as Stokley's heir apparent. Decker can't catch deep passes anyway, but he's pretty good facing the QB, so that makes a ton of sense to me. If we're talking late first round possibilities, Terrance Williams or DeAndre Hopkins would make sense.

I think we go MLB in Round 1 though. Elway believes in immediate impact starters early in the draft, and I'm not sure Stokley retires, and even if he does, if Tamme simply doesn't become the primary slot guy. So, not sure a WR would be impact enough for Round 1 this draft.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Allen should go right around the Top 10 regardless of what any draft sites think. He's a flawless receiver that played with a terrible QB. With the Jets, Vikings, and Dolphins picking in the 10-15 range, he won't escape to the late first.

I do really like your idea of finding an outside receiver and moving Decker to the slot as Stokley's heir apparent. Decker can't catch deep passes anyway, but he's pretty good facing the QB, so that makes a ton of sense to me. If we're talking late first round possibilities, Terrance Williams or DeAndre Hopkins would make sense.

I think we go MLB in Round 1 though. Elway believes in immediate impact starters early in the draft, and I'm not sure Stokley retires, and even if he does, if Tamme simply doesn't become the primary slot guy. So, not sure a WR would be impact enough for Round 1 this draft.
Mug is absolutely right here.
Allen will not be around past pick 12 in the draft. Not happening.
WR is really a weird position this year to get a good feel for.
Also, i dont think theres a MLB other than Manti worthy of the 1st round.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:39 AM   #6
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Mug is absolutely right here.
Allen will not be around past pick 12 in the draft. Not happening.
WR is really a weird position this year to get a good feel for.
Also, i dont think theres a MLB other than Manti worthy of the 1st round.
Minter and Ogletree probably go in the first.

Ogletree is tricky because he's an odd LB fit. Great instincts and athleticism, but he's marginal against the run due to size and probably strength. Theoretically, you could balk him up over a year or two, and if he keeps athleticism and instincts, he could be a really great LB. My main issue there is with the off-the-field stuff. Still, I could easily see him going to Seattle in Round 1 as they want to replace Leroy Hill. I'm not sure he's a MIKE though, which would go towards your point.

Kevin Minter, though, is really impressive and projects as an absolute stud at MIKE. He might not even make it to our selection in the late first. If he declares and he makes it to our pick, he's a no-brainer for me. Right now I think he's the heavy favorite to be our selection if he comes out.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:48 AM   #7
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Minter and Ogletree probably go in the first.

Ogletree is tricky because he's an odd LB fit. Great instincts and athleticism, but he's marginal against the run due to size and probably strength. Theoretically, you could balk him up over a year or two, and if he keeps athleticism and instincts, he could be a really great LB. My main issue there is with the off-the-field stuff. Still, I could easily see him going to Seattle in Round 1 as they want to replace Leroy Hill. I'm not sure he's a MIKE though, which would go towards your point.

Kevin Minter, though, is really impressive and projects as an absolute stud at MIKE. He might not even make it to our selection in the late first. If he declares and he makes it to our pick, he's a no-brainer for me. Right now I think he's the heavy favorite to be our selection if he comes out.

OK. I will give you Minter and if you read my Mock draft, i explain why. Hes also projected to play OLB as well. Ogltree just isnt worth messing with in the 1st. Huge bust potential, and an idiot off the field. I think hes a bit overrated anyways, and his issues nulify any real look at him in the 1st, considering the talent there. Bacari Rambo...same thing. Not a 1st rounder, but has some real talent but again, idiot. Its really too bad.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:46 AM.


Denver Broncos