The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Default MOCKING ALL MOCKS V 2.0

TRADES
PHIL trades WR Jeremy Maclin to DEN for pick #62.
PHIL is cutting ties with the entire coaching staff, and are going in a new direction. The whole team will be on sale, and a re-building process will be under way in the offseason. And for the right price, a number of players who will be making their concerns for a trade known, will be offered up to the highest bidder.

FA
Henry Melton, DT (CHI)
Well, DEN breaks open the bank, and goes big. HUGE $$$$$ is spent on Melton, but he is worth every nickel he gets, and DEN now has a monster D-Line. JDR is a happy man. However, aquiring Melton will handcuff DEN in terms of aquiring other FA's.

Michael Mitchell S (OAK)
Deal with it! Mitchell is a solid player who can play either safety position and is a hard hitter with some real skills. We all know how bad OAK is, and Mitchell would welcome a change in scenery, and a chance to really prove himself. Plus, he comes on the cheap! This also allows DEN to dump some of the veteran or injured secondary players, and get younger at the position.

So, after signing these guys (Melton), there is no more $$$$ in Bowlens checkbook.

DRAFT

1ST ROUND
Kevin Minter*, ILB, LSU
Height: 6-2. Weight: 242.
Projected 40 Time: 4.63.
Projected Round (2012): 1-2.

11/17/12: Minter has been an animal for LSU and is the team's most consistent defender this season. He had 20 tackles and two sacks against Florida despite missing some time during the game with an injury. Minter has 90 tackles with 11.5 tackles for a loss, three sacks, five passes broken up, an interception and a forced fumble.
Minter is a good tackler with plus instincts. He also is a hard hitter and never hesitates to get physical. Minter had 61 tackles as a sophomore in 2011.

2ND ROUND
TRADED TO PHIL (WR JEREMY MACLIN)

3RD ROUND
Mario Benavides, C, Louisville
Height: 6-4. Weight: 300.
Projected 40 Time: 5.15.
Projected Round (2012): 3-4.

12/1/12: Benavides started the season strong. He had an excellent game against North Carolina and defensive tackle Sylvester Williams. Benavides has been a strong run-blocker and good pass-protector for Teddy Bridgewater in 2012.
8/22/12: Mario Benavides enters his senior season having started the past three years at center for the Cardinals. Benavides missed the first three games of last season with a knee injury, but he returned to start the final 10 games. Benavides is experienced, and if he plays well in 2012, he should solidify his stock as a mid-round pick.

4TH ROUND
Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
Height: 5-10. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.58.
Projected Round (2013): 4.

12/8/12: Franklin has been awesome as a senior, which has really helped his draft stock. He's averaged 6.3 yards per carry while churning his way to 1,700 yards and 13 touchdowns. Franklin has also caught 32 passes for 319 yards and two touchdowns. He has real quickness as a runner and is shifty, but is more physical and tough than one would think.
Fraklin had a huge performance against USC with 171 yards and two scores. He went over 200 yards against Rise and Nebraska. Franklin showed some real power and toughness in the Pac-12 Championship by running for 194 yards on 19 carries against Stanford and its physical defense. It was a very impressive performance.
8/16/12: Franklin ran for 976 yards and five touchdowns in 2011. His sophomore season was more productive with 1,127 yards and eight scores. The drop in yards and touchdowns wasn't Franklin's fault as UCLA struggled throughout the 2011 season.

5TH ROUND
Uona Kaveinga ILB/OLB, BYU
Height: 5-11. Weight: 235.
Projected 40 Time: 4.67.
Projected Round (2013): 5.

A transfer from USC, Keveinga has been a solid run defender, and an all around over-achiever at his position. Another Wesley Woodyard type of player in the making.
Kaveinga started all 13 games for BYU as a junior in 2011 after beginning his career at USC. The 5-foot-11, 236-pound native of Hawthorne, Calif., earned Phil Steele All-Independent Second Team honors last season while helping BYU achieve a 10-3 record and No. 25 final national ranking in the teamís first season as a football independent. - BYU football

6TH ROUND
TRADED TO PHIL (DT BRODERICK BUNKLEY)

7TH ROUND
Eric Gordon*, CB, Tennessee
Height: 5-9. Weight: 190.
Projected 40 Time: 4.43.
Projected Round (2013): 6-7.

11/10/12: Gordon has 36 tackles, four passes broken up and two interceptions right now. He will have to be a slot corner in the NFL.
9/1/12: Gordon is a speedy, undersized cornerback who saw his first game action in 2010 as a redshirt freshman. He recorded 47 tackles with two interceptions and three passes broken up. The 5-foot-9, 197-pounder also contributes as a punt and kick returner.
Gordon had two interceptions last season, including a 90-yard return for a touchdown against Vanderbilt. He needs to improve over the next year or two to make sure he gets drafted.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
Bmore Manning

Chicago and Melton are negotiating a new deal, he's unfortunately not going anywhere..
Love the Minter selection, I personally liked your first one better..
Old 12-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

not sure where all that money is going to come from.. but dream on..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I would ****ing Jizz In My Pants if we got Maclin and Melton.

And Minter, I watched a handful of LSU games and it seems like he can ball.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #5
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

As a BYU fan I have to ask, Is Kaveinga getting a lot of looks at getting drafted? He was solid at BYU, but not spectacular. Then again, its tough to stand out on a defense that has Kyle Van Noy and Ziggy Ansah. Also, ILB is not a position where you make a lot of plays behind the LOS like OLB and DL.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #6
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Why would the Eagles part ways with arguably their best receiver?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #7
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
As a BYU fan I have to ask, Is Kaveinga getting a lot of looks at getting drafted? He was solid at BYU, but not spectacular. Then again, its tough to stand out on a defense that has Kyle Van Noy and Ziggy Ansah. Also, ILB is not a position where you make a lot of plays behind the LOS like OLB and DL.
He would translate to OLB in the NFL, but Kaveinga is an over achiever, who could be really good depth and eventually develop.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:07 AM   #8
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Why would the Eagles part ways with arguably their best receiver?
Funny, cause most iggle fans feel Jackson when healthy is their best reciever and now Riley Cooper who plays on Maclins side is becoming a true No2.
There are also alot of rumors concerning Maclin in that PHIL has alot of money to pay out to alot of high priced FA from last year, and to do so, they will have to part ways with some larger contracts.
PHIL will have to purge a number of players before next year. They just cant afford it.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #9
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

As I said -- arguably. Maclin has more receiving touchdowns in a whole less year of play in the NFL in comparison to Jackson, catches more balls and is the more consistent receiver. DeSean is undoubtedly the bigger deep threat. The problem is both of them get nicked up pretty easy and missed games.

Riley Cooper isn't becoming a #2 receiver. He is getting the opportunity due to injury. Less than 20 catches and 200 yards on the year. Not impressed. I stand by what I said -- the chances of Maclin being traded (especially to us) are few and far between. Not a fan of mocks that project trades for veterans, especially while the season is still going. Mock drafting is already speculative enough.

I like Minter a lot. Has he declared? Wouldn't be surprised if he is much like Teo and goes back for his final season to get a little bit more seasoning. However, I do not think he is a guy who is going to come in and start from Day 1. If we are picking late first, that is pretty solid value, especially when he will be a Top 15 guy if he goes back for his senior season.

Also like your Franklin pick.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #10
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
He would translate to OLB in the NFL, but Kaveinga is an over achiever, who could be really good depth and eventually develop.
If we're going to get an OLB from BYU, I'd prefer to get Van Noy. Word is he will likely enter the draft. He would likely be a second round pick imo. Having him on the weak side opposite Miller would be awesome!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #11
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
If we're going to get an OLB from BYU, I'd prefer to get Van Noy. Word is he will likely enter the draft. He would likely be a second round pick imo. Having him on the weak side opposite Miller would be awesome!
WLB is Woodyards position. He isnt going anywhere, and theres no way in hell Van Noy would be able to supplant him.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #12
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
WLB is Woodyards position. He isnt going anywhere, and theres no way in hell Van Noy would be able to supplant him.
I agree that WLB is Woodyards position and that it is not a need, but I think Van Noy would have a really good chance at supplant woodyard. It is not a need, but Van Noy is a stud and just makes plays. He would be better at pass coverage and at rushing the QB. Plus he would be a stud on ST.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #13
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
I agree that WLB is Woodyards position and that it is not a need, but I think Van Noy would have a really good chance at supplant woodyard. It is not a need, but Van Noy is a stud and just makes plays. He would be better at pass coverage and at rushing the QB. Plus he would be a stud on ST.
so your thinking he would be better than WW would be.. right now WW is the 5th rated OLB in the NFL..

and you think this rookie would be better than him?

105 tackles.. 4 sacks 9 passes defensed, 3 interceptions (only london Fletcher has more at 4), 1 forced fumbles..

contrasting that Von miller

60 tackles, 16 sacks, 3 passes defensed, 1 pick and 3 FF..

are you serious that a rookie is going to put up better numbers than WW?

are you his cousin?
Old 12-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #14
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
so your thinking he would be better than WW would be.. right now WW is the 5th rated OLB in the NFL..

and you think this rookie would be better than him?

105 tackles.. 4 sacks 9 passes defensed, 3 interceptions (only london Fletcher has more at 4), 1 forced fumbles..

contrasting that Von miller

60 tackles, 16 sacks, 3 passes defensed, 1 pick and 3 FF..

are you serious that a rookie is going to put up better numbers than WW?

are you his cousin?
I never said he would be better. I just said that it would be conceivable that he could pass him at some point, and I never said he would as a rookie. I think if Van Noy is on the right team he will be very good. He makes a ton of plays, is very quick, and is good at both pass rushing and coverage. WW has taken what, 5 years to get to this point? I would think its conceivable that Van Noy could be very good at some point too and potentially better than Woodyard.

I just agreed that we don't need a WLB because of WW, so Van Noy will not likely be an option for Den in the Draft. But if WW wasn't looking so solid, Van Noy would be a great option.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #15
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
I never said he would be better. I just said that it would be conceivable that he could pass him at some point, and I never said he would as a rookie. I think if Van Noy is on the right team he will be very good. He makes a ton of plays, is very quick, and is good at both pass rushing and coverage. WW has taken what, 5 years to get to this point? I would think its conceivable that Van Noy could be very good at some point too and potentially better than Woodyard.

I just agreed that we don't need a WLB because of WW, so Van Noy will not likely be an option for Den in the Draft. But if WW wasn't looking so solid, Van Noy would be a great option.
You do realize that because of the huge contract mikey gave dumb ass and the numbers he put up WW had little chance to get on the field.

While I get your love for the kid, as you said we do not need him. At this point as much as we need a solid MLB. Someone that does not allow runs up the gut.

You came across like you were pushing for him. Someday when we have all the gaping holes filled then drafting someone to push WW is a great idea for that matter pushing each veteran to make the team better. I'm all for that. Always have been.

But fill the major needs first. Which to me is middle of the front seven. Another great CB to take over for Champ when he moves inside or back to Georgia.

More beef on the OLINE as well as RB. And a slot WR in FA to push and replace Stokely after 13.

A WLB is about last on the list considering we have DT behind WW who looks pretty damned good so far.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #16
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
You do realize that because of the huge contract mikey gave dumb ass and the numbers he put up WW had little chance to get on the field.

While I get your love for the kid, as you said we do not need him. At this point as much as we need a solid MLB. Someone that does not allow runs up the gut.

You came across like you were pushing for him. Someday when we have all the gaping holes filled then drafting someone to push WW is a great idea for that matter pushing each veteran to make the team better. I'm all for that. Always have been.

But fill the major needs first. Which to me is middle of the front seven. Another great CB to take over for Champ when he moves inside or back to Georgia.

More beef on the OLINE as well as RB. And a slot WR in FA to push and replace Stokely after 13.

A WLB is about last on the list considering we have DT behind WW who looks pretty damned good so far.
I agree with all that, and I like WW. But I wouldn't be upset if we got Van Noy in the second.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: