The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #26
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
If the season ended today, we'd be hosting the Colts in the Wildcard round of the playoffs. Considering the Patriots hold the tiebreaker and Ben will probably take a week or so to round into form, this is a pretty likely possibility come January.

What's your thoughts on a tough, up-and-coming team with an emotional backstory, not to mention the additional Manning/Luck generational storyline that would be sure to come hand in hand with the game?
I don't think this is likely, and here is why....I think we finish 5-0 or 4-1. If we finish 5-0 and NE loses one game we get the bye. If we don't get the bye we probably finish with the #3 seed unless our one loss is to Baltimore. If we finish #3 I think we play Pittsburgh who would be the #6 and that scares the crap out of me. We need the bye
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #27
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyguy4 View Post
The Colts were not and are still not built to win from behind. Get up 7 or 10 points and they'll get crushed like they did by the Pats.

Luck has been great this year, for any QB, much less a rookie. But offensively, I give us the edge. Defensively, I say we have a great edge. Coaching, a big edge. Little chance they'd beat us.
What is everybody seeing in Luck this season that is makin everbody say he is great already that I am not seeing? He is a leader and has brought up the level of play around him, but statistically he is mediocre. Tebow did the same thing last year. Mediocre stats but won games with a not extremely talented team but he wasn't a great QB.

13 TD, 13INT, 8 Fumbles, 56.8 comp %, 76.7 QBR
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #28
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
What is everybody seeing in Luck this season that is makin everbody say he is great already that I am not seeing? He is a leader and has brought up the level of play around him, but statistically he is mediocre. Tebow did the same thing last year. Mediocre stats but won games with a not extremely talented team but he wasn't a great QB.

The difference between Luck and Tebow is that Luck is constantly improving.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #29
jerseyguy4

Quote:

Luck is:
- 7th in yards
- 4th in QBR
- playing behind a fairly crappy Oline, on a fairly crappy team, under new coaches
- a rookie
- currently #1 in yardage by any rookie in NFL history
- currently has the 2nd best rookie record in NFL history

Yes, some of his stats are medicore, but far from all of them.
Besides, have you watched him? He looks like a real, normal pocket QB. Tebow did not whatsoever. Mechanically, Luck looks great.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #30
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

No dude, Luck sucks.

/OMane idiocy
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #31
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

At home, Denver would pound the Colts. Luck would be bloodied and battered and really, they have no legit weapons outside of T.Y Hilton on offense.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #32
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyguy4 View Post
Luck is:
- 7th in yards
- 4th in QBR
- playing behind a fairly crappy Oline, on a fairly crappy team, under new coaches
- a rookie
- currently #1 in yardage by any rookie in NFL history
- currently has the 2nd best rookie record in NFL history

Yes, some of his stats are medicore, but far from all of them.
Besides, have you watched him? He looks like a real, normal pocket QB. Tebow did not whatsoever. Mechanically, Luck looks great.
I agree Luck is showing he can be a good QB. I'm not saying he isn't. What I am saying is, so many already have him ordained as great. His play is like that of a decent rookie. But to classify him as great or a top 10 QB at this point is ludicrous.
Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Ryan, Rapist, Eli, Schaub, Flacco, Dalton, Freeman, Stafford, Cutler, Romo, all have experience and have performed. It is crazy to say Luck is better than any of them after 11 games.

He's middle of the pack and not even the best petforming QB in his draft class.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #33
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The difference between Luck and Tebow is that Luck is constantly improving.
You didn't get the point I was trying to make. Tebow was a mediocre QB with mediocre stats but he won but no one was calling him great or elite.

Luck is a rookie with potential and mediocre stats that is winning and yet he is called great and elite. I say maybe he can be elite but he isn't now.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #34
jerseyguy4

Quote:
I agree Luck is showing he can be a good QB. I'm not saying he isn't. What I am saying is, so many already have him ordained as great. His play is like that of a decent rookie. But to classify him as great or a top 10 QB at this point is ludicrous.
Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Ryan, Rapist, Eli, Schaub, Flacco, Dalton, Freeman, Stafford, Cutler, Romo, all have experience and have performed. It is crazy to say Luck is better than any of them after 11 games.

He's middle of the pack and not even the best petforming QB in his draft class.
haha, I won't disagree with you there whatsoever. If you listened to all the TV chatter, Luck is Apollo and RG3 is Zeus. Funny how last year Cam Newton was up on Olympus too, but apparently has been Krakened.

Personally, I like Luck a LOT better than the RG3 type, where success relies a lot on his legs. For sustainability, a reliable pocket passer is what I would want in a rookie.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #35
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Luck is playing very well, but he has had a couple of outlier games that make his stats look really poor. The team has taken on a new look and feel, and they are not the pushovers they were with a bunch of over the hill vets last year.

The young guys are playing very solidly and this is a real young team. Peyton should be able to tear them apart on paper, but the defense still has a pass rush and DEN does not have a proven ground game yet without McGahee.

I see the Colts every week, and they are the middle of the pack as a team. However, they play a lot better than the sum of their parts and are being coached really well. They are VERY conservative on offense, but then they take their chances downfield with a couple burners in Avery and Hilton and Luck has made those throws. Defensively they are not solid every play, but still make plays when they need to. Very opportunistic, just not necessarily with TO's.

Overall, its a game DEN should win going away. However, they will not lay down and make it easy. In fact, if they do not TO the ball at a high rate it should be a very good game IMHO.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote