The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default Hillman

Am I the only one not impressed ? I understand he is a rookie and it takes time but is is now game 11 and I have only seen 1 run for a hope of what should be. Sounds like the Offense has no faith in him either. Am I jumping the gun here. I really want him to work out. Love that change of pace back but is he it ?
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Am I the only one not impressed ? I understand he is a rookie and it takes time but is is now game 11 and I have only seen 1 run for a hope of what should be. Sounds like the Offense has no faith in him either. Am I jumping the gun here. I really want him to work out. Love that change of pace back but is he it ?
Probably.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
schaaf

I think he has a bright future but in order for him to succeed he is going to have to improve his cutting ability and change of direction speed.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

Yes it's time to give up on him. Absolutely.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Dont discount the fact he is the YOUNGEST player in the entire NFL, who knew it was time to give up on a 20 year old because he didnt come in the NFL knowing everything and not needing time to develop
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #6
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

I don't want to bag on the guy too much, but he's gonna have to put on some weight and muscle.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

way too soon to give up on, but yeah I haven't been that impressed. So far he reminds me of Tatum Bell
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #8
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
Yes it's time to give up on him. Absolutely.
This is not what I am saying at all. Has he lived up to all the hype ? From all the talk before the season I expected the next MJD to be coming in here. Then we find out he can't block, he is supposed to have crazy cutting/burst speed and I will admit I kinda saw this once. What I am saying is shouldn't we be seeing a flash by now. Just because I don't think he is perfect does not mean I have given up hope on the guy. Some of you need to smoke some dope or take a Valium. WOW>.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #9
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
This is not what I am saying at all. Has he lived up to all the hype ? From all the talk before the season I expected the next MJD to be coming in here. Then we find out he can't block, he is supposed to have crazy cutting/burst speed and I will admit I kinda saw this once. What I am saying is shouldn't we be seeing a flash by now. Just because I don't think he is perfect does not mean I have given up hope on the guy. Some of you need to smoke some dope or take a Valium. WOW>.
YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE AN AGENDA

Old 11-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #10
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

Give the kid a break, he's like 12...long way to go..
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #11
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Am I the only one not impressed ?
You shouldn't be. Not much to be impressed with thus far. Hope he proves us wrong.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #12
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
way too soon to give up on, but yeah I haven't been that impressed. So far he reminds me of Tatum Bell
Except Taco Bell was bigger and faster
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #13
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Except Taco Bell was bigger and faster
and equally impressive as Hillamn

Old 11-26-2012, 12:42 PM   #14
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
and equally impressive as Hillamn

Taco Bell wasn't all that, but he did have some good games. Time will tell if Hillman is going to be better and he really doesn't have to do much to top what Taco Bell did so he's got that goin for him
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #15
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

He will likely get better as time goes on. His SDSU Aztecs would already be done with their season by now. He is 21, young and probably has a lot to grasp in both the mental and physical aspects of the game.

Surprised that we traded up for him, but he has a lot of great tools. He will never be like Marshall Faulk (regardless of Fox's comparisons/praise) -- but he can be an effective player that can win us a lot of ball games. I personally would like to see his speed on KOR instead of having Lance Ballsack out there.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #16
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I've listened to a couple interviews with him, and I would add that he is probably a little emotionally immature. Once again, I think it is just a product of his age and huge circumstances as an NFL rookie. He just isn't going to be one of those backs that dominates his rookie year, but I do expect some good progress between this year and next.

He just jumped into the NFL's "PHD program" trying to learn a Peyton Manning offense. It's tough, and it is obvious that he is thinking way too much. Hopefully, he continues to make progress this season and we get a few big plays from him down the stretch.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #17
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

I'd take a 2005ish Tatum Bell right now:

Only 173 carries in spot duty, yet he managed to get 921 yds (5.3 yds per carry) and 8 TDs. Sign me up.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #18
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I'd take a 2005ish Tatum Bell right now:

Only 173 carries in spot duty, yet he managed to get 921 yds (5.3 yds per carry) and 8 TDs. Sign me up.
only if you bring mike anderson with him.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #19
pricejj
jungle

Here's a quickly compiled list of rank by total yards from scrimmage from rookie RB's:

1. Doug Martin
2. Trent Richardson
3. Ronnie Hillman
4. Bernard Pierce
5. Robert Turbin
6. David Wilson
7. Isaiah Peade
8. Lamicheal James

The Broncos have nothing to complain about. Ronnie Hillman has shown NFL ability, and likely needs another year or two to mature physically and emotionally. Doug Martin is about 3 years older than Hillman.

Hillman has shown flashes, and hopefully continues to develop throughout the year.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #20
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
what hype? He was a 3rd round pick, for crying out loud. Any hype there was surrounding him was obviously misplaced.

He may turn into something next year, which would be great and in line with his maturity. Not 2012 though.
mwill07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #21
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

I say put him in at PR to get his wheels warmed up. Leanord or however you spell it is worthless.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #22
g6matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
I've listened to a couple interviews with him, and I would add that he is probably a little emotionally immature. Once again, I think it is just a product of his age and huge circumstances as an NFL rookie. He just isn't going to be one of those backs that dominates his rookie year, but I do expect some good progress between this year and next.

He just jumped into the NFL's "PHD program" trying to learn a Peyton Manning offense. It's tough, and it is obvious that he is thinking way too much. Hopefully, he continues to make progress this season and we get a few big plays from him down the stretch.
block left and block right isnt hard to figure out lol
Old 11-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #23
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Here's a quickly compiled list of rank by total yards from scrimmage from rookie RB's:

1. Doug Martin
2. Trent Richardson
3. Ronnie Hillman
4. Bernard Pierce
5. Robert Turbin
6. David Wilson
7. Isaiah Peade
8. Lamicheal James

The Broncos have nothing to complain about. Ronnie Hillman has shown NFL ability, and likely needs another year or two to mature physically and emotionally. Doug Martin is about 3 years older than Hillman.

Hillman has shown flashes, and hopefully continues to develop throughout the year.
How I would have loved to have Lamichael James..
Old 11-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #24
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
He will likely get better as time goes on. His SDSU Aztecs would already be done with their season by now. He is 21, young and probably has a lot to grasp in both the mental and physical aspects of the game.

Surprised that we traded up for him, but he has a lot of great tools. He will never be like Marshall Faulk (regardless of Fox's comparisons/praise) -- but he can be an effective player that can win us a lot of ball games. I personally would like to see his speed on KOR instead of having Lance Ballsack out there.
I had thought I read that GMs called and were pretty disappointed that Denver took him from their waiting picks. This is by no means supporting or not supporting the pick, but apparently others were also high on him.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #25
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Tatum Bell was a deadly change of pace back in his rookie season. Hillman isn't even in the same zip code as Bell's rookie production.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote