The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default RETURNING FROM IR / What is the rule?

Do we have any players on IR that would qualify to return for the playoffs?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #2
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

I had to look this up, but a team can return one player from IR per season...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rade-deadline/

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...4641--nfl.html

Last edited by Crushaholic; 11-19-2012 at 07:46 AM..
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #3
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I think there are some qualifiers as to who can be returned to the active roster but I don't know what they are.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:52 AM   #4
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I think there are some qualifiers as to who can be returned to the active roster but I don't know what they are.

Maybe, you're referring to this point: (from my second link)

Now, if a player is hurt and put on injured reserve after Sept. 4, that player may return to the active roster eight weeks after the IR designation, and the player must be on the IR list for at least six weeks. In addition, a player must be "designated for return" at the time of his IR classification, which means that a team must anticipate a player's ability to return midseason. Teams can't just hope their key injured player will recover in time.
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Maybe, you're referring to this point: (from my second link)

Now, if a player is hurt and put on injured reserve after Sept. 4, that player may return to the active roster eight weeks after the IR designation, and the player must be on the IR list for at least six weeks. In addition, a player must be "designated for return" at the time of his IR classification, which means that a team must anticipate a player's ability to return midseason. Teams can't just hope their key injured player will recover in time.

Ya that's it. Should be anyone on IR that is cleared to play by the doctors IMO

Wonder is there is a list of IR players that teams designated to be eligible to return.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #6
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Ya that's it. Should be anyone on IR that is cleared to play by the doctors IMO

Wonder is there is a list of IR players that teams designated to be eligible to return.
I think each team gets to designate one player, who is able to return. I don't think the Broncos have used that designation on anybody.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #7
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Denver Broncos
Player Injury Status/Updated Notes
Willis McGahee RB Knee Ques Sun - 11/19/12 McGahee left Sunday's game against the Chargers with a knee injury and will undergo an MRI on Monday. He remains questionable to play Sunday against the Chiefs.
Sealver Siliga DT Personal Ques Week 12 - 11/18/12 Siliga is dealing with a personal matter and was inactive for the last four games. He remains questionable for Week 12 against the Chiefs.
Tracy Porter CB Illness Ques Week 12 - 11/18/12 Porter has not played since Week 5 due to onset symptoms of a seizure. He is questionable to play in Week 12 against the Chiefs.
Joe Mays LB Ankle out for season - 10/29/12 Mays will miss the remainder of the season after suffering a broken leg in Week 8 against the Saints.
Mario Fannin RB Achilles out for season - 8/5/12 Fannin will miss the entire 2012-2013 season after suffering a torn Achilles' tendon during a scrimmage.
J.D Walton C Ankle I-R - 10/1/12 Walton will miss the remainder of the season after being placed on the injured reserve with a fractured left ankle.
Quinton Carter S Knee I-R - 9/29/12 Carter is dealing with a knee injury and has been placed on the injured reserve.
Philip Blake C Thumb I-R - 9/18/12 Blake suffered a thumb injury during Week 2 against the Falcons and has been placed on the injured reserve. He will miss the rest of the season.
Ty Warren DT Tricep I-R - 9/11/12 Warren tore his triceps in Week 1 against the Steelers and has been placed on the injured reserve as a result. He will undergo surgery and will miss the remainder of the season.
Jeremy Beal DE Knee I-R - 9/1/12 Beal will miss the entire 2012-2013 season after being placed on the injured reserve with a torn ligament in his left knee.
Jason Hunter LB Tricep I-R - 8/28/12 Hunter will miss the entire 2012-2013 season after being placed on the injured reserve with a torn triceps muscle.

Doesn't say who is the designated to return player. Looks like it might be Carter.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 11-19-2012 at 08:41 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote