The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #76
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Hillman, to me, looks like the game is too fast for him at this point. He looks like he is going full-speed, all the time, and not reading blocks or setting things up.

That's probably normal for a rookie, especially the youngest one in the league. Once the game slows down for him, he will be fine but he's not there yet.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #77
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
No mention of fumbles?

Sorry, but its not difficult to find a back who can be successful in a Peyton Manning run offense. Why not find a player who's capable of taking it to the house and holding on to the ball. As well as grinding out the 3-4 yarders like Willis does do well. Theyre out there my friend.
We're limiting how great this team can be.
There's a reason Willis is only making 1million this season.
I like Mcgahee as a guy, but he's not an every down back anymore. And now with this knee injury, its time to see what else we have on the shelf
Yep these kind of guys grow on trees.

As far as running is concerned it is more about controlling the clock than scoring each time we touch the ball. Mannings offense in the past wore out his defenses, because they were back on the field so fast, and OFTEN they usually got blown out of the playoffs because they did not have balance.

Guess that kind of went over your head. Like everything else does.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #78
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Most of the knuckle heads have left but I see you decided to stay.
Wait a minute you promoted him to knuckle head. Sure you want to do so?

BTW responding to him just empowers him. Yeah I know I did to will try to stop that. Eventually they just go away if you do not.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #79
DENVERDUI55

My concern about Willis getting hurt may be true. I think we need to phone in Tim Hightower, Addai and even Ryan Grant. I want a back like Willis that can pick up the tough yards and I think Hightower would fit the bill perfect. Plus he can fumble as good as Willis.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:10 AM   #80
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Wait a minute you promoted him to knuckle head. Sure you want to do so?

BTW responding to him just empowers him. Yeah I know I did to will try to stop that. Eventually they just go away if you do not.

You're right lonestar, because i just speak falsity's and propaganda. McGahee is awesome! I come to the mane to debate people, not be a cheerleader. I cheer at home. I'm not in here posting on every thread trying to be a troll. I havent called out Fox this season.

I have one issue that I call people out on. That's their unending love for McGahee and their status quo mentality when it comes to our run game. I dont believe McGahee gets a pass bc he's a veteran and has had success in the past. Sry. Most of you dont agree. This team could avg 40 points a game if we had a CJ Spiller or Doug Martin. Thats why I was so outspoken about bringing someone in at the deadline.

The run game is a real issue and no one seems to give a ****.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #81
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
You're right lonestar, because i just speak falsity's and propaganda. McGahee is awesome! I come to the mane to debate people, not be a cheerleader. I cheer at home. I'm not in here posting on every thread trying to be a troll. I havent called out Fox this season.

I have one issue that I call people out on. That's their unending love for McGahee and their status quo mentality when it comes to our run game. I dont believe McGahee gets a pass bc he's a veteran and has had success in the past. Sry. Most of you dont agree. This team could avg 40 points a game if we had a CJ Spiller or Doug Martin. Thats why I was so outspoken about bringing someone in at the deadline.

It would have been nice to have drafted Martin but if Osweller becomes our next QB and excels then it was worth passing onMartin. Also we would have missed out on Wolfe and he is playing amazing for a rookie DT.

Is Martin > Wolfe + Osweller, we don't know yet.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #82
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I haven't read this thread so i haven't checked if posted, but don't we have to wait for swelling to go down to check willis's knee?
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #83
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I have one issue that I call people out on. That's their unending love for McGahee and their status quo mentality when it comes to our run game. I dont believe McGahee gets a pass bc he's a veteran and has had success in the past. Sry. Most of you dont agree. This team could .. 0 points a game if we had a CJ Spiller or Doug Martin. Thats why I was so outspoken about bringing someone in at the deadline.

You DID troll with that bull**** you pulled the other weak and for that .. you have No credibility. None, zip, zero zilch. b**** go jump in the river. You cry because you people made fun of you. Cry troll cry
Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #84
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Last edited by socalorado; 11-19-2012 at 09:55 AM..
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #85
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:

We are all still waiting for your promised video of you jumping in the cold river.
PS please wear cloths
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #86
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
fox might want to start having them carry the ball wherever they go at Dove valley. See who can bring him their balls.
A few weeks ago, Alfred Williams said that Shanahan (your favorite), would have all the Defensive players trying to strip the ball out of Offensive players hands at every opportunity. Even after practice plays were over, walking back to the huddle, and in the locker room.

I rarely agree with Big Al's takes, but he might want to remind Elway about this...

Last edited by pricejj; 11-19-2012 at 02:22 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #87
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
FWF, what are your other accounts on the Mane?
troll that tool up.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #88
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
You DID troll with that bull**** you pulled the other weak and for that .. you have No credibility. None, zip, zero zilch. b**** go jump in the river. You cry because you people made fun of you. Cry troll cry
Isn't this the guy who got a real short ban, and completely lost it on twitter?
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #89
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Goodness, when are we gonna get some news on this?
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #90
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:

Male bovine Excrement. No reasonable Fans on here pout out unending love.

Most see it for what it is. He is the beat option to run the ball in this scheme.

KM has happy feet and has as big a fumble issues as The big guy has and is I'll equipped to handle big boy NFL football. At best he is a change of pace RB. Same as the rookie and Trindon is..

As for Ball seen flashes for him as well as numbness the othe RB JJ iirc has how's me nothing other than disaster RB. When you have no me else.

Now if yow want to talk about next year have a ball but stop the crap about a damned fine RB that has done all that was expected from him since coming to town..
It is not like we have a gazillion dollar wrapped up in him..

Last but not least. Running the ball in Mannings O is when HE sees the opening to do so after seeing the defensive set up. RBs are jut there to keep the DL/DC honest. And to kill the clock.

So we do not need a super stud until Manning is gone.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #91
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I KNEW we shouldn't have traded Timmy. Next mike alstott.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #92
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
It would have been nice to have drafted Martin but if Osweller becomes our next QB and excels then it was worth passing onMartin. Also we would have missed out on Wolfe and he is playing amazing for a rookie DT.

Is Martin > Wolfe + Osweller, we don't know yet.
Most RBs average about 4 years in the NFL they are a dime a dozen. Nice to have a stud but it would go unused for most of the game with Manning..

I'll always go for two players that typically have longer shelf lives than one RB.

If all goes according to plan Oz plays 16 years and Wolf goes 10-12. No matter if it is new math or not that is more bang for your draft choice anyday.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #93
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

^^^ Dude, write in complete sentences with somewhat comprehensible grammar. It would help.

pout out unending love

He is the beat option? Same as the rookie and Trindon is...

the other RB JJ iirc has how's me nothing other than disaster RB

Dollars

Can't understand a word you are saying.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #94
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Quote:
fox might want to start having them carry the ball wherever they go at Dove valley. See who can bring him their balls.
A few weeks ago, Alfred Williams said that Shanahan (your favorite), would have all the Defensive players trying to strip the ball out of Offensive players hands at every opportunity. Even after practice plays were over, walking back to the huddle, and in the locker room.

I rarely agree with Big Al's takes, but he might want to remind Elway about this...
I suspect. That was more Bobby that called for those drills than mikey.

But yes someone should remind the johns about that.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #95
fwf

Quote:

So we do not need a super stud until Manning is gone.
But they're sure nice to have. And we're certainly not 10-0 right nor would we be favored to beat the Pats, Texans or @ Ravens.

I thought Mcghee was playing slightly below replacement player/ league avg. Not counting the fumbles. We can do better. Just watch.. we;ll be fine.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #96
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Looks like Lonestar forgot who Edgerrin James was.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #97
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
I haven't read this thread so i haven't checked if posted, but don't we have to wait for swelling to go down to check willis's knee?
Not to diagnose but to do surgery.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #98
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
^^^ Dude, write in complete sentences with somewhat comprehensible grammar. It would help.

pout out unending love

He is the beat option? Same as the rookie and Trindon is...

the other RB JJ iirc has how's me nothing other than disaster RB

Dollars

Can't understand a word you are saying.
Ask someone that cares.

What are you an English teacher and the forums grammar cop?
Old 11-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #99
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
But they're sure nice to have. And we're certainly not 10-0 right nor would we be favored to beat the Pats, Texans or @ Ravens.

I thought Mcghee was playing slightly below replacement player/ league avg. Not counting the fumbles. We can do better. Just watch.. we;ll be fine.
As I said before nice to have.

But in able to get them someone has to go..

As for your last comment. THERE you go thinking again.