The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results: Which Bronco bugs you more?
Knowshon 19 38.78%
DJ 12 24.49%
I like them both! 18 36.73%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
montrose
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default Which Bronco bugs you more: Knowshon or DJ?

Hate, dislike, annoy, take your pick of the most applicable word.

Looking back through time, and culminating with some of the Moreno stuff today and DJ last week- I wonder what the pulse of the site is for these two relatively long-term Broncos.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,961

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Moreno by a land slide. He's never consistently produced. DJ is at least consistent if not spectacular and has worked hard playing adjusting for a different DC every year and playing all the LB positions.

I suppose if you're counting off field issues, obviously DJ wins that award.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

No bothered by either one.

KM has been humbled with his time on the scout team and inactive time.

They both are well liked by their team mates that is what matters to me.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,454

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Did DJ even play today? I let slide those who contribute and Moreno had one of the best games of his career today. Granted he doesn't have many good games, but he stepped his game up.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Neither. Moreno came out the gate with a certain stench for me though. One because McDamnit pissed me off by drafting offense with his first ever pick, the other cause of KMs college team.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,961

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Did DJ even play today? I let slide those who contribute and Moreno had one of the best games of his career today. Granted he doesn't have many good games, but he stepped his game up.
DJ played at least a few snaps. He didn't make any plays and it's always hard to see who's in the game watching the TV feed.

Moreno was just average today for an NFL running back. Pretty sad if that is considered one of his better days. Honestly think that Moreno's NFL career is resting on how he performs the rest of this season. I would rate his day against KC as just enough to get the start next week. Nothing more, nothing less.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #7
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,390

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
DJ played at least a few snaps. He didn't make any plays and it's always hard to see who's in the game watching the TV feed.

Moreno was just average today for an NFL running back. Pretty sad if that is considered one of his better days. Honestly think that Moreno's NFL career is resting on how he performs the rest of this season. I would rate his day against KC as just enough to get the start next week. Nothing more, nothing less.
What did you see from Moreno that he could have done better? Maybe a 2 or 3 plays but when yards were there I think he got them. When they weren't, pretty much no where to run. This OL is not really opening up many lanes recently.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
DJ played at least a few snaps. He didn't make any plays and it's always hard to see who's in the game watching the TV feed.

Moreno was just average today for an NFL running back. Pretty sad if that is considered one of his better days. Honestly think that Moreno's NFL career is resting on how he performs the rest of this season. I would rate his day against KC as just enough to get the start next week. Nothing more, nothing less.
He had some good runs and was very effective as a receiver. I though he had a good game. He hasn't been on the field for a long while and he has a lot of pressure on him as he is well aware this is his last shot. I give him a solid B
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #9
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,961

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
What did you see from Moreno that he could have done better? Maybe a 2 or 3 plays but when yards were there I think he got them. When they weren't, pretty much no where to run. This OL is not really opening up many lanes recently.
He still hesitates that he LOS way too much for me. Granted he got limited reps in the game and had a few 10ish yard runs called back for holding, so I'll give him that and I like what I perceived as an increase in intensity from him.

I didn't say he played bad, but just average. He did well enough to earn the start for next week, but wasn't exceptionally great either.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #10
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,170

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Mike Adams is the only one who bothers me.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #11
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,835

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

DJ pisses me off more by his off the field crap and I think he is above average player. KM isnt worthy of his #14 pick and I only give him props on catching from the backfield and some decent blocking for the QB.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #12
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,777

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Moreno is frustrating to watch, but DJ is such an idiotic retard off the field, that it's hard to top.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #13
Ratboy
It's all over...
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
ಠ_ಠ

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 15,294
Default

I don't hate either of them. I think Moreno has been disappointing and not living up to his potential, but I still root for him. DJ has off the field issues, which is a huge negative, but I like him as a player.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #14
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 7,880

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Mike Adams is the only one who bothers me.
Did you see where he tackled a KC OL instead of the RB today...
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:31 PM   #15
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 36,433

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Mike Adams is the only one who bothers me.
Adams had a good game today, his stock has been dropping with me recently but he played one of his best games as a Bronco today.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #16
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,170

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Adams had a good game today, his stock has been dropping with me recently but he played one of his best games as a Bronco today.
His best game as a Bronco could be pretty poor - he has been a huge disappointment to me. He doesn't tackle well, he can't cover anyone, he is slow to diagnose and doesn't offer much run support. If Carter was healthy Adams would be getting splinters in his ass.

I thought he would be a decent all round safety with good fundamentals but lacking elite athleticism to make plays - which just isn't the case, his fundamental are ****.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #17
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 36,433

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

KM pisses me off the most.

Dude's production has dropped ever since his rookie year. He consistently does the following: Dances in the backfield, runs up the backs of his blockers, trips over turf monsters, add to those facts that he does not have break away speed and thinks it is ok to drive drunk with plates that say "Sauced".

I would love to get some value out of him now that we need him. I sure hope he has his head out of his ass now that it is out that this is his last shot with the team.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #18
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
He had some good runs and was very effective as a receiver. I though he had a good game. He hasn't been on the field for a long while and he has a lot of pressure on him as he is well aware this is his last shot. I give him a solid B
I was pleasantly surprised today Considering we played a damned good defense today.

IIRC he averaged over 4 yards a carry and was tripped up at least twice by his own men. I was not overly impressed by the OL blocking today.

That said DJ was a noshow today. I was not even sure he dressed today. But someone in the officlal DJ haters thread said he WR in a couple of plays.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #19
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
KM pisses me off the most.

Dude's production has dropped ever since his rookie year. He consistently does the following: Dances in the backfield, runs up the backs of his blockers, trips over turf monsters, add to those facts that he does not have break away speed and thinks it is ok to drive drunk with plates that say "Sauced".

I would love to get some value out of him now that we need him. I sure hope he has his head out of his ass now that it is out that this is his last shot with the team.
I saw a lot. Of patience today setting up those decent blocks that he did have.

I know loads of folks hate the guy because Josh took him, but he is a decent RB ran with authority today IMO caught a few passes and while he he is not Ma Gahee I thought he looked good today. Much more than a third down RB that so many think he is.

That said I like BIG backs. 235+ guys that can take and give a beating.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #20
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I do not have a problem with either of them. I guess I would have to say DJ because of his troubles. But he has stayed clean for quite awhile now so I am hoping he has turned the corner and is a better person now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:59 AM   #21
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
What did you see from Moreno that he could have done better? Maybe a 2 or 3 plays but when yards were there I think he got them. When they weren't, pretty much no where to run. This OL is not really opening up many lanes recently.
1. Stop tripping over his lineman - there were several runs where he just trips over his own lineman, TEs, and it just looks stupid and takes away any momentum.
2. Stop rolling up on the back of his blockers' knees. I think it was Koppen that was yelling at Moreno at the end of a play where he just rolled and fell right into the back of his knees. He kept doing the same against Dreessen as well.
3. Run north and south. How many times did you see Moreno fall, twist, or even run/stumble backwards?

The OL DID create holes except on the last drive when it was clear to everyone we were running out the clock. Except Moreno couldn't capitalize on even a single run because he was constantly running with no balance or feet.

I don't hate Moreno this season, he is what he is and that's a limited back who's got very poor feet and vision.

Last edited by fontaine; 11-26-2012 at 05:01 AM..
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:52 AM   #22
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,757

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

They are both great people, but their fans are intolerable and dangerous. Legions of Morenomania zombies -- in a giant circlejerk over an 80 yard performance against the LolChiefs -- caused a massive pilot whale beaching due to the ultrasonic shockwave from their collective fapping.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:58 AM   #23
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Mike Adams is the only one who bothers me.
Agree he's been a bit of a disappointment overall but he had a pretty good game against KC.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:41 AM   #24
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
1. Stop tripping over his lineman - there were several runs where he just trips over his own lineman, TEs, and it just looks stupid and takes away any momentum.
2. Stop rolling up on the back of his blockers' knees. I think it was Koppen that was yelling at Moreno at the end of a play where he just rolled and fell right into the back of his knees. He kept doing the same against Dreessen as well.
3. Run north and south. How many times did you see Moreno fall, twist, or even run/stumble backwards?

The OL DID create holes except on the last drive when it was clear to everyone we were running out the clock. Except Moreno couldn't capitalize on even a single run because he was constantly running with no balance or feet.

I don't hate Moreno this season, he is what he is and that's a limited back who's got very poor feet and vision.
Yes, yes and yes.

Also, could someone in Denver next time you see slowshon tell him to stop dancing like an idiot when he gets a 1st down? Just the most rank, bush league, stupid, basketball through the legs idiocy from a true moron.
Just pathetic.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:06 AM   #25
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,815

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

DJ endangered the lives of other people with his irresponsible behavior. Knowshon is just a spaz who loses his shoe all the time and gets tackled by turf. He works hard and does what he's supposed to. On the field DJ is better than Knowshon. But at least Knowshon doesn't repeatedly risk killing people.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Denver Broncos