The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #26
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Agreed. Although I've caught myself tuning in to Denver Sports-talk Radio more than ever (almost daily) this year. Nice after the **** storm that was Teebs. Sandy Clough has been pretty good the last few weeks in the morning/mid day (eastern time zone).
I agree with this. I called into his show yesterday, actually. I still think he shouts over people too much before they finish, but generally he knows what he's talking about. I also like Joel Klatt, not so much Mike Evans who is constantly trying to prove he's not the dork I am 95% sure he is was (and still is, really) growing up. I flip between them and Mike & Mike, then I'll listen to Rome and sometimes Cowherd if I want to torture myself.

Then the best show on radio is Les and Nalen. Tom is a breath of fresh air. Rather than other celebrities who are worried about saying the wrong and thing and sounding perfect, Nalen lets it all hang out and is pretty a matter of fact about many things. He also doesn't make it schticky. Then I switch to Alfred and DMAC and then I don't listen anymore.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #27
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I agree with this. I called into his show yesterday, actually. I still think he shouts over people too much before they finish, but generally he knows what he's talking about. I also like Joel Klatt, not so much Mike Evans who is constantly trying to prove he's not the dork I am 95% sure he is was (and still is, really) growing up. I flip between them and Mike & Mike, then I'll listen to Rome and sometimes Cowherd if I want to torture myself.

Then the best show on radio is Les and Nalen. Tom is a breath of fresh air. Rather than other celebrities who are worried about saying the wrong and thing and sounding perfect, Nalen lets it all hang out and is pretty a matter of fact about many things. He also doesn't make it schticky. Then I switch to Alfred and DMAC and then I don't listen anymore.
Which station is Nails on?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #28
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Bill Simmons! Here's his pick on the Broncos game this week:

Quote:
Chargers (+7.5) over BRONCOS
Gambling rules favoring the Broncos: "Don't go against a hot team," "Don't go against Peyton Manning in a big home game," "Don't pick Norv Turner in a big game ever" and a special one just for this game, "Always pick the home team that's +20 in sacks over the road team that keeps landing in articles with headlines like 'O-Line play not helping Chargers' cause' and 'Chargers' line offensive, too'."

Gambling rules favoring the Chargers: "Be careful with high spreads in division games," "Be careful of any team when it's their biggest game of the year," "Be careful with road teams who had previous success in that stadium" (and San Diego has won five of their last six in Denver), "Be careful of any favorite when they're going to be thrown into every two-team teaser on Sunday," "Be careful of Norv Turner anytime his job is definitely on the line because he's like Michael Myers you have to chop his head off to get rid of him, or else he's coming back."

(Thinking )

(Still thinking )

(When in doubt, take the points right?)
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...t-go-away-gary
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #29
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Ugh, Joel Klatt is a braying ass. It takes real talent to be such a know it all at 30.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote