The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #126
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Prove Williams took PEDs and not pot, coke, or some other drug.
so that would be better? where is your head? except between his thighs?

you just lost what ever small amount of credibility you had..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #127
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
In a vacuum/Madden scenario D.J. is definitely a superior player to WW. But it isn't a vacuum.

D.J. isn't in game shape. D.J. hasn't been in contact situations since preseason (and that was negligible) and most importantly, D.J. hasn't had an opportunity to gel with a defense that has been playing its best collective ball since 2005. Why risk screwing with that for a player, who let's be honest isn't the most cerebral LB in the game? A big part of football is momentum and attitude and why risk alternating it with a problem child? I'd be all for working him on special teams, and taking advantage of his straight-line speed and athleticism in certain packages, but at this juncture, just inserting him in as a starter would be a huge mistake.
another voice of reason..
Old 11-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #128
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post

Since Brookings has been on the field instead of mays it has been very good D..
No question, Brookings >> Mays. However, at least from a pure physical skills perspective, DJ >> Brookings. Brookings is smart and a leader, but historically that describes DJ as well.

We would be faster and stronger with DJ on the field. Will that make us better? idk. But it's certainly worth checking out.

They are not going to just slam DJ into the starting role. I am pretty sure he will start rotating in on a very limited basis starting with SD and then see where it goes. If they play worse with him in then he will get less time and vs vs.

I suspect he will be starting MLB by the playoffs and it will be because we are a better D with him in there. And we shall see.
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #129
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
That is crap. That is like me saying we can't put Brooking in for Mays because of the chemistry of the team.
and Mays was doing so well? So well that he got benched..

Brooking is setting up the Defense for the front seven..

DJ doing that, well that is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN..
Old 11-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #130
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
since he has not cost the a dollar since the season started and now he has come back to the team after redoing his contract, he was kept on the team as insurance IN case someone got hurt.. nothing more nothing less.

some of his old team mates like the guy but he is not a leader, he is an introvert. he was the captain got it taken away because of his first DUI..

y'all make him out to be some kind of hero.. he is what he is a cheating, drunk just waiting to fubar again..

he is an above average LB making almost superstar money.. he sued the NFL, was dumb enough to put his play book out on the internet..

how can you be so blind to the fact he is a moron..

Is he the guy you want your son or daughter to model after?
Don't you think you're taking this a little too far? Again, you don't know he was taking PED, so you can't say he was cheating.

I see as I see it. The guy is a damn good LB. When DJ was playing, everyone here thought WW was a scrub when he was in the lineup.

him making superstar money doesn't take away the fact that he is a better LB than WW.

The guy is a moron off the field. On the field, he is the best LB we got aside from Von.

What the hell does my children have anything to do with DJ. I thought this topic is about DJ making an impact after the suspension.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #131
swaiy

Do you guys even know what youre arguing about anymore? Some posters hold the view that DJ could be productive on the field, not if he's a ****ing role model for your children
Old 11-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #132
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

The last vestige of DJ's OMG PRO BOWL proponents amuse me.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #133
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
The last vestige of DJ's OMG PRO BOWL proponents amuse me.
It's funny as Woodyard is on a better sack pace the DJ ever was.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 11-13-2012 at 02:47 PM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #134
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:

the point is not about what he took is better. the point is you and Garcia keep on calling him a cheater. You don't know he cheated because you don't know what drug he took or why he avoided the test. Again, Nalen knows the guy and is sure that it wasn't for PED. Smoking pot does not make you a cheater, it makes you a Coloradian.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #135
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
It's as funny is Woodyard is on a better sack pace the DJ ever was.
You realize that even right now (after 0 sacks in 2 games), he's still on pace for 5.5 (tying DJ's career best)?

I mean... you could at least take a minute to check this stuff before you look like an idiot.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #136
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFanDoug View Post
No question, Brookings >> Mays. However, at least from a pure physical skills perspective, DJ >> Brookings. Brookings is smart and a leader, but historically that describes DJ as well.

We would be faster and stronger with DJ on the field. Will that make us better? idk. But it's certainly worth checking out.

They are not going to just slam DJ into the starting role. I am pretty sure he will start rotating in on a very limited basis starting with SD and then see where it goes. If they play worse with him in then he will get less time and vs vs.

I suspect he will be starting MLB by the playoffs and it will be because we are a better D with him in there. And we shall see.
Not sure where you have been the past couple of years but smart is not a term anyone can add to DJs repertoire..

as noted above he is listed as the #3WLB on the Broncos web site.. unlikely they are going to play him at MLB if he is not getting any reps at all during practice.. Barring more than one injury,, then most likely move WW to MLB and dumb ass to WLB..
Old 11-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #137
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
You realize that even right now (after 0 sacks in 2 games), he's still on pace for 5.5 (tying DJ's career best)?

I mean... you could at least take a minute to check this stuff before you look like an idiot.
You mad bro? I know he is "on pace" to TIE DJ. Couple weeks ago it was beat him. Now it's tie him. I'm sure when we check in a few more weeks it will be less then him.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #138
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
Don't you think you're taking this a little too far? Again, you don't know he was taking PED, so you can't say he was cheating.

I see as I see it. The guy is a damn good LB. When DJ was playing, everyone here thought WW was a scrub when he was in the lineup.

him making superstar money doesn't take away the fact that he is a better LB than WW.

The guy is a moron off the field. On the field, he is the best LB we got aside from Von.

What the hell does my children have anything to do with DJ. I thought this topic is about DJ making an impact after the suspension.
Did he represent his TEAM well in the past few off seasons? Did he keep his nose clean (drugs, booze or PEDs) and out of jail or suspension form the league?

He was suspended from playing for some or all of those issues..

If your TEAM is counting on you to play and you fail them IMO your a cheat and a fraud..

That is my opinion and I'd guess a lot of folks that do not have their lips locked to his ass would also..

Again call me old fashioned but I kind of like the players for my team to be a role model (miller, champ, manning) for my kids and the are I live in..

as for DUI there is no more stupid thing you can do..

as for him being the best LB outside of Von as it stands right now JDR, Fox and Elway differ with your lip locked opinion..

BTW Woodyard is now the number 9 rated LB in the NFL in tackles..

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...qualified=true

tied number 17 in sacks
tied number 16 in Passes defended.
tied at number 2 for picks.

not sure how Dumb ass would be better ..

Last edited by lonestar; 11-13-2012 at 03:04 PM..
Old 11-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #139
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
You mad bro? I know he is "on pace" to TIE DJ. Couple weeks ago it was beat him. Now it's tie him. I'm sure when we check in a few more weeks it will be less then him.
Oh he's already passed him in impact. By a large margin.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #140
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Oh he's already passed him in impact. By a large margin.
That is great. Find ONE post where I claim that DJ should replace WW on the field.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #141
Nwp-Apap

Why do people care what a player does off the field? DJ served his punishmen, got suspended, alright. That doesn't make him any worse of an athlete or football player, and that is all I care about. Our whole team could be meth addicts, as long as they're good on the field, I'd love for them to play after their suspensions.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #142
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:

Actually he has quite a bit of credibility around here.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #143
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

If they did not have DJ Williams in their plans for this year they would have cut him weeks ago. End Thread/
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #144
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

There is something to be said about the Broncos Defense being 10th in points allowed.

The last time the Broncos had a top 10 Defense was in 2003-2006, when Al Wilson and John Lynch roamed the field.

If DJ can actually improve this Defense even more...SB here we come.

That is if 2011's top rushing Offense can figure out how the hell to consistently pick up yardage out of a single-back set. Looking at you Hillman.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #145
Action

I think they'll find a way to get DJ on the field. He's a decent coverage LB and he's bigger than any of our LBs now outside of Brooking.

Right now, Woodyard is wearing the mic helmet though, so I'm not sure how they'll deal with that... would DJ take some of Trevathon's snaps? I don't know, because Trevathon has been excellent in coverage.

If anything, DJ could help us against the Patriots since they like to run against small fronts.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #146
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwp-Apap View Post
Why do people care what a player does off the field? DJ served his punishmen, got suspended, alright. That doesn't make him any worse of an athlete or football player, and that is all I care about. Our whole team could be meth addicts, as long as they're good on the field, I'd love for them to play after their suspensions.
Well if DJ is driving around drunk and he kills one of my family or neighbors...yeah...that's a concern. Two DUIs. Once is a mistake, twice? Cheating on drug tests that he contractually obligated to... Being a visible person in the community dictates a certain responsibility and DJ is letting everyone down in the process.. Come on man, that is several reasons to be concerned.

I'll let it go, but I am sure we'll be sorry as a fanbase. I hope I am wrong.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #147
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
That is great. Find ONE post where I claim that DJ should replace WW on the field.
^ Gets beat in argument, changes topic.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #148
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
^ Gets beat in argument, changes topic.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH you think I got beat? The topic went from Woodyard is on pace to beat DJ's season high in sacks, to tie his season high, to he makes more plays then DJ. I shouldn't be shocked you still think Shanny is one of the best in the business so there is that.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #149
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Are you claiming we cover TE's better now? We have allowed 47 catches 596 yards and 8 TDs to TEs so far this year. If by night and day you are saying we need to do better then I agree. If you are saying something else you are nuts.
I dunno if DJ will help against TE's, he's not some great coverage LB. What would probably help most is if Rahim Moore was not scared ****less of tackling TE's. And Mike Adams is also not a guy that likes going after the bruisers.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #150
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAH you think I got beat? The topic went from Woodyard is on pace to beat DJ's season high in sacks, to tie his season high, to he makes more plays then DJ. I shouldn't be shocked you still think Shanny is one of the best in the business so there is that.
Ooooooooooookay dude...

Good luck with that.