The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 07:07 AM   #1
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Default So, Are Panthers fans an endangered Species?

I mean seriously, a Let's go Broncos chant starts up in the 4th quarter. There was a lot of Orange and Blue in that Stadium (though the blue may have just been from the empty seats)
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

I saw a lot of empty seats, after halftime. The fans just don't believe in their team. Rivera needs to fix this, soon. Otherwise, he'll just be another ex-Chicago Bear, out of a job...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Panther fans are really down on their team. They are about where we were in 2010. No GM, HC on the hot seat and calls for him getting the axe, a QB situation that has the fanbase divided... doesn't help they have been bad for a few years too.

It's a tough situation because Hurney has really hampered them with some poor contracts - they have something like $80M tied up in the RB position, for a team that has a running QB. It's going to take a while for the next GM to untie this mess.

There is no light at the end of the tunnel either. No way it's going to get better this year, and doubtful next year either, unless Cam magically grows up.

As far as the game yesterday - there was probably more orange in the stands than you might expect black and yellow for Steelers. maybe 10-15% Bronco fans overall.

After the Carter pick-6, there was a mass-exodus, and Bronco fans were probably 50% of remaining fans. it was glorious.
mwill07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I was ther and it was probably 20% Bronco fans. With 10:30 left in the game is was about 65% Bronco fans.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

The commentators on TV said something about there being a lot of Broncos fans in the stadium. That's fantastic!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
DENVERDUI55

The Panthers need serious change of offensive scheme. They don't even try to run the ball and they have all that money tied up there.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #7
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
The Panthers need serious change of offensive scheme. They don't even try to run the ball and they have all that money tied up there.
Agreed. The Panthers offensive scheme was an utter joke. I know that Newton probably holds onto the ball for too long, but they were having receivers run routes 25 yards down the field even as Newton was getting pummeled on nearly every play. The dude is 6'5"...I'm guessing he can execute a quick slant or out and/or screen pass in the face of pressure.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #8
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
Agreed. The Panthers offensive scheme was an utter joke. I know that Newton probably holds onto the ball for too long, but they were having receivers run routes 25 yards down the field even as Newton was getting pummeled on nearly every play. The dude is 6'5"...I'm guessing he can execute a quick slant or out and/or screen pass in the face of pressure.
Yet, it's the SPECIAL TEAMS coordinator that gets the pink slip...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108626

Last edited by Crushaholic; 11-12-2012 at 12:42 PM..
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #9
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Believe it or not, the Panthers fan base is growing. I think most of the growth has been State wide vs. the Charollette area, and as a result the Stadium has been rather empty. It has been a rather slow growth, but I have definitely seen a lot more Panther fans in the Triangle. NC was a predominantly Redskins bias market until 08' season.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #10
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

I thought watching some of the Dolphins game yesterday showed a stadium with many good seats not sold. Team was playing at 4-4 and doing better than last season. Surprised of the lack of support but they don't have any major star studded players that people just clamor over.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #11
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
I was ther and it was probably 20% Bronco fans. With 10:30 left in the game is was about 65% Bronco fans.
Not 64%?
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #12
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
Rob Chudzinski. The man learned well under Norv.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #13
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
Not 64%?
Hmm, you're probably right. I overestimated.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #14
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Watching the game on TV yesterday, if I wasn't looking directly at the TV and loud cheers went up from the crowd I kept thinking Carolina had done something but it was always the Broncos. It was weird.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote