The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #501
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,944

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
I love my country. Even had Romney won, I planned on making this statement.

This year over 100 Million votes. Although power did not change hands, we live in a country where it can change through the vote of the people. And every few years it does change without violence or bloodshed and with minimal amounts of tampering or fraud. This is a great country and a good system. It has some flaws, but it can be changed.

God bless America.
Well said.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:16 PM   #502
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 6,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Whats the complete failure, pray tell? You guys have painted amercia as this failing flea market. We have problems, big ones, but things have NOT gotten WORSE over the last four years. Theres nothing to suggest it has. So, yes,you apparently live in a fictional world if you think you have to arm yourself against A BOOGEYMAN!


So because I was never in the army, im less american than you?
No, you are every bit as much of an American as I. However, what does this Country want to become? One who supports welfare and social rights? Are you kidding me?

Do we really want to support those who choose to have 3-4 kids without the means to suppor them....and whine about the fact that they can't become miliionaires?

Fact is...this is a "Lazy Country" and Obaman is the leader...the figure head of "LAZY". The rest of the world sees that.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:20 PM   #503
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
No, you are every bit as much of an American as I. However, what does this Country want to become? One who supports welfare and social rights? Are you kidding me?

Do we really want to support those who choose to have 3-4 kids without the means to suppor them....and whine about the fact that they can't become miliionaires?

Fact is...this is a "Lazy Country" and Obaman is the leader...the figure head of "LAZY". The rest of the world sees that.
The American people are the hardest working people on Earth. You don't gain any political points for insulting your countrymen.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #504
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 9,415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I have been watching the returns for the last 5 hours. You have to give the Obama GOTV team a ton of credit. Their data mining and hundreds of millions invested in GOTV infrastructure really won it for the President. Romney's Project Orca and GOTV effort was okay, but it wasn't much of a match for the organization that Obama built over the course of several years.

I think this is good for the GOP, BTW. I was and remain (even when I casted my ballot for him via write in) a supporter of Jon Huntsman. He's the best candidate we had, because he was the most thoughtful, reasonable, experienced and well rounded. He combined alot of the things people like about the GOP (fiscal conservatism), along with moderate stances on social issues, the environment and foreign affairs where most of America is. I said when he was basically forced out that it was a mistake that would be rued....and it was. Demographics are changing, and you have to tack to the center to win. And the center is where most reasonable proposals are anyway. Kicking out the one true centrist means another loss....just as I predicted here, even in a relatively weak economy. We need to focus on the guys like Huntsman, like Mitch Daniels, like Jeb Bush and other moderate Republicans. Nominating extremist candidates like Akin, like Mourdock etc. when those seats were locks is the reason for the loss. That's what it is. That is what I've been saying all along. They need to learn a lesson.

Romney didn't lose because he was a "Massachussets Moderate". He lost because he was forced by the base into extreme positions in the primary just to win and Obama used that to paint an effective narrative. Come to the center and adjust to reality and we can move forward as a party. I'm glad this got hammered into the party's head. This is the only way. It's the Nixon way and the Eisenhower way and the Bush I way...its the only way to win.

Props to Obama for his victory. I hope he continues to try and push a grand bargain for debt reduction as I continue to view that as the biggest issue. In exchange, we should be grateful that he is willing to compromise (when the House GOP has not) and should offer compromises on tax issues and global warming issues in consideration. There is much room to get stuff done....if they are willing to work with the President. As a moderate Republican, I hope they finally try to work with him.
JMO I think Jon Huntsman would have won this going away.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #505
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,019

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
No, you are every bit as much of an American as I. However, what does this Country want to become? One who supports welfare and social rights? Are you kidding me?

Do we really want to support those who choose to have 3-4 kids without the means to suppor them....and whine about the fact that they can't become miliionaires?

Fact is...this is a "Lazy Country" and Obaman is the leader...the figure head of "LAZY". The rest of the world sees that.
Why do people still fall for the welfare queen argument? As if thats the issue in this country.

First off, youre talking to a democratic socialist, so we can just agree to disagree on the purpose of government, but the problem with this country isnt welfare. At all. If you are concerned about debt, the things that need reform are Social Security (everyone gets this), Medicare (everyone over 65 gets this), and defense. And, obviously, we need to spur job creation (theres still fall out from 08...its growing (check the numbers), but not at the rate it needs to.

If youre complaining that America is "lazy," its not because of Obama. And, the rest of the world? They all SUPPORT Obama. They often see us as religious zealots that have ass backwards healthcare.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #506
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,228

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post


Dude just flat out crushes those polling numbers.
Good for him... the GOP was particularly nasty the last few weeks with him, and I think an apology is in order. Dude is very bright and very non-partisan.
BowlenBall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #507
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,019

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

By the way, california now requires condoms in its porn.

BOOO
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #508
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I have been watching the returns for the last 5 hours. You have to give the Obama GOTV team a ton of credit. Their data mining and hundreds of millions invested in GOTV infrastructure really won it for the President. Romney's Project Orca and GOTV effort was okay, but it wasn't much of a match for the organization that Obama built over the course of several years.

I think this is good for the GOP, BTW. I was and remain (even when I casted my ballot for him via write in) a supporter of Jon Huntsman. He's the best candidate we had, because he was the most thoughtful, reasonable, experienced and well rounded. He combined alot of the things people like about the GOP (fiscal conservatism), along with moderate stances on social issues, the environment and foreign affairs where most of America is. I said when he was basically forced out that it was a mistake that would be rued....and it was. Demographics are changing, and you have to tack to the center to win. And the center is where most reasonable proposals are anyway. Kicking out the one true centrist means another loss....just as I predicted here, even in a relatively weak economy. We need to focus on the guys like Huntsman, like Mitch Daniels, like Jeb Bush and other moderate Republicans. Nominating extremist candidates like Akin, like Mourdock etc. when those seats were locks is the reason for the loss. That's what it is. That is what I've been saying all along. They need to learn a lesson.

Romney didn't lose because he was a "Massachussets Moderate". He lost because he was forced by the base into extreme positions in the primary just to win and Obama used that to paint an effective narrative. Come to the center and adjust to reality and we can move forward as a party. I'm glad this got hammered into the party's head. This is the only way. It's the Nixon way and the Eisenhower way and the Bush I way...its the only way to win.

Props to Obama for his victory. I hope he continues to try and push a grand bargain for debt reduction as I continue to view that as the biggest issue. In exchange, we should be grateful that he is willing to compromise (when the House GOP has not) and should offer compromises on tax issues and global warming issues in consideration. There is much room to get stuff done....if they are willing to work with the President. As a moderate Republican, I hope they finally try to work with him.
You nailed Huntsman. Most amazing politician I've seen. If the Repubs want to change their face he is definitely the model.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #509
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,944

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I have been watching the returns for the last 5 hours. You have to give the Obama GOTV team a ton of credit. Their data mining and hundreds of millions invested in GOTV infrastructure really won it for the President. Romney's Project Orca and GOTV effort was okay, but it wasn't much of a match for the organization that Obama built over the course of several years.

I think this is good for the GOP, BTW. I was and remain (even when I casted my ballot for him via write in) a supporter of Jon Huntsman. He's the best candidate we had, because he was the most thoughtful, reasonable, experienced and well rounded. He combined alot of the things people like about the GOP (fiscal conservatism), along with moderate stances on social issues, the environment and foreign affairs where most of America is. I said when he was basically forced out that it was a mistake that would be rued....and it was. Demographics are changing, and you have to tack to the center to win. And the center is where most reasonable proposals are anyway. Kicking out the one true centrist means another loss....just as I predicted here, even in a relatively weak economy. We need to focus on the guys like Huntsman, like Mitch Daniels, like Jeb Bush and other moderate Republicans. Nominating extremist candidates like Akin, like Mourdock etc. when those seats were locks is the reason for the loss. That's what it is. That is what I've been saying all along. They need to learn a lesson.

Romney didn't lose because he was a "Massachussets Moderate". He lost because he was forced by the base into extreme positions in the primary just to win and Obama used that to paint an effective narrative. Come to the center and adjust to reality and we can move forward as a party. I'm glad this got hammered into the party's head. This is the only way. It's the Nixon way and the Eisenhower way and the Bush I way...its the only way to win.

Props to Obama for his victory. I hope he continues to try and push a grand bargain for debt reduction as I continue to view that as the biggest issue. In exchange, we should be grateful that he is willing to compromise (when the House GOP has not) and should offer compromises on tax issues and global warming issues in consideration. There is much room to get stuff done....if they are willing to work with the President. As a moderate Republican, I hope they finally try to work with him.
Agree with your premise but I don't see the GOP working with Obama, there wasn't any mandate tonight. In fact, nothing really changed tonight. The only thing that will change is the fact the republicans are going to move further to the right. They are already smearing Romney for being a liberal and moderate etc etc.

Just going to be gridlock the next four years.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #510
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 6,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The American people are the hardest working people on Earth. You don't gain any political points for insulting your countrymen.
Obviously 50% of the American people are idots!

Look at the map...you will see that 75% of the map was "Red"

What does that mean?

To me?

50-51% of the Country are the people who want things given to them...who don't want to earn them, and who live a true "Fictional" life.

Believe what you want. But, Obama does nothing but "Spend, spend, spend". Watch our deficet expand...and then go smoke your doobie!

Who cares...right?
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #511
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
No, you are every bit as much of an American as I. However, what does this Country want to become? One who supports welfare and social rights? Are you kidding me?

Do we really want to support those who choose to have 3-4 kids without the means to suppor them....and whine about the fact that they can't become miliionaires?

Fact is...this is a "Lazy Country" and Obaman is the leader...the figure head of "LAZY". The rest of the world sees that.
You make it sound as though the lack of work ethic was born the moment Obama walked into office.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #512
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Interesting to see the camera scanning the crowd of Obama supporters in Chicago compared to Romney's in Boston. Romney's crowd was overwhelmingly white. Obama's crowd is almost remarkably diverse.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #513
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,019

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Obviously 50% of the American people are idots!

Look at the map...you will see that 75% of the map was "Red"

What does that mean?

To me?

50-51% of the Country are the people who want things given to them...who don't want to earn them, and who live a true "Fictional" life.

Believe what you want. But, Obama does nothing but "Spend, spend, spend". Watch our deficet expand...and then go smoke your doobie!

Who cares...right?
You are off your rocker. Most of its red? Like 3 people live in Wyoming, why is space suddenly indicative of anything.

Seriously, i dont know what world you live in. Youre scared of a boogeyman that simply doesnt exist.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #514
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 6,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
By the way, california now requires condoms in its porn.

BOOO
California....Biggest BLUE state in the country!

Remind me....what state is the worst fiscally in the nation Hmm?


Texas..............the #1 business state in the country. Oh.....guess what...we're a "RED" state.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #515
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Obviously 50% of the American people are idots!

Look at the map...you will see that 75% of the map was "Red"

What does that mean?

To me?

50-51% of the Country are the people who want things given to them...who don't want to earn them, and who live a true "Fictional" life.

Believe what you want. But, Obama does nothing but "Spend, spend, spend". Watch our deficet expand...and then go smoke your doobie!

Who cares...right?
Okay. Whatever you say.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #516
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 6,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
You are off your rocker. Most of its red? Like 3 people live in Wyoming, why is space suddenly indicative of anything.

Seriously, i dont know what world you live in. Youre scared of a boogeyman that simply doesnt exist.
. So, big shot...what Union do you belong to? Are you worried about your welfare payemnts?
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:32 PM   #517
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,031

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Agree with your premise but I don't see the GOP working with Obama, there wasn't any mandate tonight. In fact, nothing really changed tonight. The only thing that will change is the fact the republicans are going to move further to the right. They are already smearing Romney for being a liberal and moderate etc etc.

Just going to be gridlock the next four years.
They can't move further to the right. The math doesn't work. 72% white this year....69% is 2016 and so on and so forth. I think there are a select group of Senators (this was Roh's point about the primary) that will still tack very hard to the right because they are in heavy GOP states so they are worried about a primary battle, but I since the Dems have a firm grip on the Senate (BTW, there was no excuse that despite having 10 seats up to defend and the Dems having 23 seats up to depend, that somehow the Dems could GAIN seats in the Senate...this is squarely the fault of the party extremists and Tea Party morons...which I have been b****ing about for some time.) But I think in the House which is more fluid, and thats where the GOP power is, they will have to compromise. The primary issue is not as big an issue there.

I think they also can just read math just as well as anyone can. I hope this strengthens Boehner's hand and in turn weakens Cantor's hand a little bit. Everyone can read the results. I'm not suggesting they become Dems lite, but just be a center right party, rather than a right party.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:32 PM   #518
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 6,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Okay. Whatever you say.
Keep looking for handouts....old Borack will get those for you....oh yeah!!!


Just hold out your hands....wait....................there coming... Yay!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #519
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,019

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
. So, big shot...what Union do you belong to? Are you worried about your welfare payemnts?
I dont belong to a union, nor am i poor or receive welfare.

I do quite well, but thanks for implying im a lazy a-hole.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #520
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,019

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Keep looking for handouts....old Borack will get those for you....oh yeah!!!


Just hold out your hands....wait....................there coming... Yay!
lol, youve gone off your rocker.

Go Galt...nothing is stopping you.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #521
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,019

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
They can't move further to the right. The math doesn't work. 72% white this year....69% is 2016 and so on and so forth. I think there are a select group of Senators (this was Roh's point about the primary) that will still tack very hard to the right because they are in heavy GOP states so they are worried about a primary battle, but I since the Dems have a firm grip on the Senate (BTW, there was no excuse that despite having 10 seats up to defend and the Dems having 23 seats up to depend, that somehow the Dems could GAIN seats in the Senate...this is squarely the fault of the party extremists and Tea Party morons...which I have been b****ing about for some time.) But I think in the House which is more fluid, and thats where the GOP power is, they will have to compromise. The primary issue is not as big an issue there.

I think they also can just read math just as well as anyone can. I hope this strengthens Boehner's hand and in turn weakens Cantor's hand a little bit. Everyone can read the results. I'm not suggesting they become Dems lite, but just be a center right party, rather than a right party.
The only problem with the above is...that it makes sense. Youre talking about a party where many think they get their mandates from God.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #522
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 6,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Good luck to Osama trying to occomplish all of his socialist agenda's. With the House remaining Republican and the Senate a minor Dem's majority..........good luck to Osama!!!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #523
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I have been watching the returns for the last 5 hours. You have to give the Obama GOTV team a ton of credit. Their data mining and hundreds of millions invested in GOTV infrastructure really won it for the President. Romney's Project Orca and GOTV effort was okay, but it wasn't much of a match for the organization that Obama built over the course of several years.

I think this is good for the GOP, BTW. I was and remain (even when I casted my ballot for him via write in) a supporter of Jon Huntsman. He's the best candidate we had, because he was the most thoughtful, reasonable, experienced and well rounded. He combined alot of the things people like about the GOP (fiscal conservatism), along with moderate stances on social issues, the environment and foreign affairs where most of America is. I said when he was basically forced out that it was a mistake that would be rued....and it was. Demographics are changing, and you have to tack to the center to win. And the center is where most reasonable proposals are anyway. Kicking out the one true centrist means another loss....just as I predicted here, even in a relatively weak economy. We need to focus on the guys like Huntsman, like Mitch Daniels, like Jeb Bush and other moderate Republicans. Nominating extremist candidates like Akin, like Mourdock etc. when those seats were locks is the reason for the loss. That's what it is. That is what I've been saying all along. They need to learn a lesson.

Romney didn't lose because he was a "Massachussets Moderate". He lost because he was forced by the base into extreme positions in the primary just to win and Obama used that to paint an effective narrative. Come to the center and adjust to reality and we can move forward as a party. I'm glad this got hammered into the party's head. This is the only way. It's the Nixon way and the Eisenhower way and the Bush I way...its the only way to win.

Props to Obama for his victory. I hope he continues to try and push a grand bargain for debt reduction as I continue to view that as the biggest issue. In exchange, we should be grateful that he is willing to compromise (when the House GOP has not) and should offer compromises on tax issues and global warming issues in consideration. There is much room to get stuff done....if they are willing to work with the President. As a moderate Republican, I hope they finally try to work with him.
Awesome post. Completely agree.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #524
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,019

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Good luck to Osama trying to occomplish all of his socialist agenda's. With the House remaining Republican and the Senate a minor Dem's majority..........good luck to Osama!!!
Now he's comparing Obama to Osama Bin Laden.


Classy right wingers. SoCal, see why we doubt there will be cooperation?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #525
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
They can't move further to the right. The math doesn't work. 72% white this year....69% is 2016 and so on and so forth. I think there are a select group of Senators (this was Roh's point about the primary) that will still tack very hard to the right because they are in heavy GOP states so they are worried about a primary battle, but I since the Dems have a firm grip on the Senate (BTW, there was no excuse that despite having 10 seats up to defend and the Dems having 23 seats up to depend, that somehow the Dems could GAIN seats in the Senate...this is squarely the fault of the party extremists and Tea Party morons...which I have been b****ing about for some time.) But I think in the House which is more fluid, and thats where the GOP power is, they will have to compromise. The primary issue is not as big an issue there.

I think they also can just read math just as well as anyone can. I hope this strengthens Boehner's hand and in turn weakens Cantor's hand a little bit. Everyone can read the results. I'm not suggesting they become Dems lite, but just be a center right party, rather than a right party.
Boehner has issued a statement that said if there is any mandate in this election, it's a mandate for the two parties to come together and solve the nation's problems. Hope he means that. You're right, he has to lever Cantor (who is one of the radicals) out of the way.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Denver Broncos