The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #476
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,407

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
And now it looks like West is gonna lose his campaign here in Florida. I always liked him even before I moved down here. What a terrible night. I knew some of it was coming (Like Obama getting reelected) but it still sucks now that it's come to fruition. I'm going to bed.
West is going down? I love it. What a psycho. He has no place in American politics.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #477
swaiy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Well after reading that bit of information, I might need to start vacationing in Colorado.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #478
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
West is going down? I love it. What a psycho. He has no place in American politics.
Seriously. That guy is poison
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #479
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,971

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

I love my country. Even had Romney won, I planned on making this statement.

This year over 100 Million votes. Although power did not change hands, we live in a country where it can change through the vote of the people. And every few years it does change without violence or bloodshed and with minimal amounts of tampering or fraud. This is a great country and a good system. It has some flaws, but it can be changed.

God bless America.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #480
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
And then Obama's people were in talks to extend it. What's your point? The withdrawal occurred in accordance with the timeline set out while Bush was still president. The only threat to the timeline since they announced it late in Bush's term was the proposed extension just before the final withdrawal. Obama literally had no positive impact on the withdrawal whatsoever aside from not messing it up.
Hmmmm, I was under the impression that it was the Iraqis trying to extend the stay. Got anything showing it was Obama's "people". After trying since 2006, having Bush veto bills to withdraw he needed something positive to leave office with. He knew there was no guarantee it would happen and probably did not care. In Feb 2009 Obama said it would happen in 16 months so that they would all be withdrawn by the agreements withdrawal date. And it did start in August 2010. I found that quite positive. It actually happened.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #481
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,091

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Pot legalized in Colorado

Maryland legalized same-sex marriage

Obama wins both the electoral and popular vote

... Most of my family probably thinks the world is ending right about now. LMAO
Ha same with mine. Its hilarious watching them overreact.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #482
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,407

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Seriously. That guy is poison
Looks like Bachmann held onto her seat by 300 votes. There's a precinct I'll make sure never to visit.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #483
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,407

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
I love my country. Even had Romney won, I planned on making this statement.

This year over 100 Million votes. Although power did not change hands, we live in a country where it can change through the vote of the people. And every few years it does change without violence or bloodshed and with minimal amounts of tampering or fraud. This is a great country and a good system. It has some flaws, but it can be changed.

God bless America.
Hear, hear.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #484
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
Lol @ his statement. What a noob. Cheetos and Goldfish?

Who the **** eats those when theyre high? I prefer sour worms and peanut butter m&ms
Funyuns and Nutter Butters.

Yeah, I'm old school.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #485
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 36,293

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

Romney pulls a Chef and loses!
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #486
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Is it me, or do the losing candidates always just look relieved after their concession speeches?
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #487
Bronco X
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,180
Default



Dude just flat out crushes those polling numbers.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #488
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Looks like Bachmann held onto her seat by 300 votes. There's a precinct I'll make sure never to visit.
See...i just dont know how this happens
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #489
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,764
Default

First of all, Irish Stout, well said sir.

Second, I want to say that Romney's concession speech was well done. Dignified and gracious. Well spoke sir and well run campaign. Best of luck to you Mr. Romney, if anything you inspired people to get out there and be active for what they believe in and I do think that is good.

And last but most important, I love my country and I am looking forward to coming home this year and being more active in my community to make America even better.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #490
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 36,605

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

I have been watching the returns for the last 5 hours. You have to give the Obama GOTV team a ton of credit. Their data mining and hundreds of millions invested in GOTV infrastructure really won it for the President. Romney's Project Orca and GOTV effort was okay, but it wasn't much of a match for the organization that Obama built over the course of several years.

I think this is good for the GOP, BTW. I was and remain (even when I casted my ballot for him via write in) a supporter of Jon Huntsman. He's the best candidate we had, because he was the most thoughtful, reasonable, experienced and well rounded. He combined alot of the things people like about the GOP (fiscal conservatism), along with moderate stances on social issues, the environment and foreign affairs where most of America is. I said when he was basically forced out that it was a mistake that would be rued....and it was. Demographics are changing, and you have to tack to the center to win. And the center is where most reasonable proposals are anyway. Kicking out the one true centrist means another loss....just as I predicted here, even in a relatively weak economy. We need to focus on the guys like Huntsman, like Mitch Daniels, like Jeb Bush and other moderate Republicans. Nominating extremist candidates like Akin, like Mourdock etc. when those seats were locks is the reason for the loss. That's what it is. That is what I've been saying all along. They need to learn a lesson.

Romney didn't lose because he was a "Massachussets Moderate". He lost because he was forced by the base into extreme positions in the primary just to win and Obama used that to paint an effective narrative. Come to the center and adjust to reality and we can move forward as a party. I'm glad this got hammered into the party's head. This is the only way. It's the Nixon way and the Eisenhower way and the Bush I way...its the only way to win.

Props to Obama for his victory. I hope he continues to try and push a grand bargain for debt reduction as I continue to view that as the biggest issue. In exchange, we should be grateful that he is willing to compromise (when the House GOP has not) and should offer compromises on tax issues and global warming issues in consideration. There is much room to get stuff done....if they are willing to work with the President. As a moderate Republican, I hope they finally try to work with him.
__________________
Its a Hockey Night in Pittsburgh!

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #491
swaiy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Funyuns and Nutter Butters.

Yeah, I'm old school.
Nutter Butters are the holy grail of snacks. I cant even call them snacks because Ill sit down and eat like 15 of those bad boys.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #492
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,805

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
I live in a real world. This leadership is leading this Country into complete failure.

I'm willing to stand up for what is right.

I served my country in War twice...how about you....big mouth
You are entitled to your own opinion, it doesn't make you right however.

Thank you for your service regardless of my rejection of your opinion.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #493
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I have been watching the returns for the last 5 hours. You have to give the Obama GOTV team a ton of credit. Their data mining and hundreds of millions invested in GOTV infrastructure really won it for the President. Romney's Project Orca and GOTV effort was okay, but it wasn't much of a match for the organization that Obama built over the course of several years.

I think this is good for the GOP, BTW. I was and remain (even when I casted my ballot for him via write in) a supporter of Jon Huntsman. He's the best candidate we had, because he was the most thoughtful, reasonable, experienced and well rounded. He combined alot of the things people like about the GOP (fiscal conservatism), along with moderate stances on social issues, the environment and foreign affairs where most of America is. I said when he was basically forced out that it was a mistake that would be rued....and it was. Demographics are changing, and you have to tack to the center to win. And the center is where most reasonable proposals are anyway. Kicking out the one true centrist means another loss....just as I predicted here, even in a relatively weak economy. We need to focus on the guys like Huntsman, like Mitch Daniels, like Jeb Bush and other moderate Republicans. Nominating extremist candidates like Akin, like Mourdock etc. when those seats were locks is the reason for the loss. That's what it is. That is what I've been saying all along. They need to learn a lesson.

Romney didn't lose because he was a "Massachussets Moderate". He lost because he was forced by the base into extreme positions in the primary just to win and Obama used that to paint an effective narrative. Come to the center and adjust to reality and we can move forward as a party. I'm glad this got hammered into the party's head. This is the only way. It's the Nixon way and the Eisenhower way and the Bush I way...its the only way to win.

Props to Obama for his victory. I hope he continues to try and push a grand bargain for debt reduction as I continue to view that as the biggest issue. In exchange, we should be grateful that he is willing to compromise (when the House GOP has not) and should offer compromises on tax issues and global warming issues in consideration. There is much room to get stuff done....if they are willing to work with the President. As a moderate Republican, I hope they finally try to work with him.
God, i wish more republicans spoke like you.

Except Im not sure that they will suddenly compromise.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #494
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post


Dude just flat out crushes those polling numbers.
Morning Murdering Joe said the guy was stupid and had no business doing this for a living!! LMAO!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #495
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
fair enough, but I think it's more of how he's using his executive powers that are unsettling:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/...ry?id=16598194

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate...reme-and-risky

and ironic because if you remember, BO criticized Bush for his use of executive power but BO is using it just as much:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...665694712.html

Please note this part of the WSJ article: What's unusual about Mr. Obama is that he also has used executive power to press his domestic agenda.

So BO is using it for foreign police like in Libya and domestically which is "unusual". Of course, this all comes after he promised to work with congress.
And then Congress promised not to work with him...

Of course, now they're all the ones running for re-election.

Get ready for some compromise, or some more Dems in Congress.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #496
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
More alarming for me was when he switched away from defending DOMA. Try to repeal it if you want but the job of the president is to enforce the nations laws. There's processes for congress to overcome the president if that's what they want to do but when the president can just start ignoring what congress forces through... dangerous, dangerous scenario.
Wrong. Presidents have a long history of selectively enforcing laws.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #497
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
And then Congress promised not to work with him...

Of course, now they're all the ones running for re-election.

Get ready for some compromise, or some more Dems in Congress.
I wonder how itll change now that they dont have to worry about voting him out of office.

May change things a bit. I hope
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #498
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post


Dude just flat out crushes those polling numbers.
The thing is (by his own admission) it was mostly just poll aggregate. Basic basic math. Pundits (on both sides, but mostly GOP) didn't want to believe. Because their jobs hinge on it being a horse race, a toss up the whole way, hinging on every little controversy.

But it isn't. Polling is so extensive now in swing state that we know. We now know who is going to win down to a very exact percentage, even in a pretty close election like this. Commence ignoring the talking heads.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #499
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,407

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I have been watching the returns for the last 5 hours. You have to give the Obama GOTV team a ton of credit. Their data mining and hundreds of millions invested in GOTV infrastructure really won it for the President. Romney's Project Orca and GOTV effort was okay, but it wasn't much of a match for the organization that Obama built over the course of several years.

I think this is good for the GOP, BTW. I was and remain (even when I casted my ballot for him via write in) a supporter of Jon Huntsman. He's the best candidate we had, because he was the most thoughtful, reasonable, experienced and well rounded. He combined alot of the things people like about the GOP (fiscal conservatism), along with moderate stances on social issues, the environment and foreign affairs where most of America is. I said when he was basically forced out that it was a mistake that would be rued....and it was. Demographics are changing, and you have to tack to the center to win. And the center is where most reasonable proposals are anyway. Kicking out the one true centrist means another loss....just as I predicted here, even in a relatively weak economy. We need to focus on the guys like Huntsman, like Mitch Daniels, like Jeb Bush and other moderate Republicans. Nominating extremist candidates like Akin, like Mourdock etc. when those seats were locks is the reason for the loss. That's what it is. That is what I've been saying all along. They need to learn a lesson.

Romney didn't lose because he was a "Massachussets Moderate". He lost because he was forced by the base into extreme positions in the primary just to win and Obama used that to paint an effective narrative. Come to the center and adjust to reality and we can move forward as a party. I'm glad this got hammered into the party's head. This is the only way. It's the Nixon way and the Eisenhower way and the Bush I way...its the only way to win.

Props to Obama for his victory. I hope he continues to try and push a grand bargain for debt reduction as I continue to view that as the biggest issue. In exchange, we should be grateful that he is willing to compromise (when the House GOP has not) and should offer compromises on tax issues and global warming issues in consideration. There is much room to get stuff done....if they are willing to work with the President. As a moderate Republican, I hope they finally try to work with him.
Sounds good, but I don't see how that happens with the primary process. The extremists rule the party. The GOP is reaping the fruit of Lee Atwater's strategy to bend down to the darker angels of human nature in order to win elections. You let the whackos on the bus and before you know it, they're sitting behind the wheel. I, for one, would appreciate having a powerful, fiscal conservative voice in Washington, but not one chained to a medieval social policy. It will take years for the Republicans to rebuild their brand. Meanwhile, the changing demographics are leaving them in the dust. Unfortunately, given the personalities running the GOP right now, they are not going to learn anything from this. They will go down with the ship. I just hope they don't pull down the entire country with them.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 11-06-2012 at 10:16 PM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #500
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:50 PM.


Denver Broncos