The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #476
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
And now it looks like West is gonna lose his campaign here in Florida. I always liked him even before I moved down here. What a terrible night. I knew some of it was coming (Like Obama getting reelected) but it still sucks now that it's come to fruition. I'm going to bed.
West is going down? I love it. What a psycho. He has no place in American politics.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #477
swaiy

Well after reading that bit of information, I might need to start vacationing in Colorado.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #478
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
West is going down? I love it. What a psycho. He has no place in American politics.
Seriously. That guy is poison
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #479
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

I love my country. Even had Romney won, I planned on making this statement.

This year over 100 Million votes. Although power did not change hands, we live in a country where it can change through the vote of the people. And every few years it does change without violence or bloodshed and with minimal amounts of tampering or fraud. This is a great country and a good system. It has some flaws, but it can be changed.

God bless America.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #480
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
And then Obama's people were in talks to extend it. What's your point? The withdrawal occurred in accordance with the timeline set out while Bush was still president. The only threat to the timeline since they announced it late in Bush's term was the proposed extension just before the final withdrawal. Obama literally had no positive impact on the withdrawal whatsoever aside from not messing it up.
Hmmmm, I was under the impression that it was the Iraqis trying to extend the stay. Got anything showing it was Obama's "people". After trying since 2006, having Bush veto bills to withdraw he needed something positive to leave office with. He knew there was no guarantee it would happen and probably did not care. In Feb 2009 Obama said it would happen in 16 months so that they would all be withdrawn by the agreements withdrawal date. And it did start in August 2010. I found that quite positive. It actually happened.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #481
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Pot legalized in Colorado

Maryland legalized same-sex marriage

Obama wins both the electoral and popular vote

... Most of my family probably thinks the world is ending right about now. LMAO
Ha same with mine. Its hilarious watching them overreact.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #482
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Seriously. That guy is poison
Looks like Bachmann held onto her seat by 300 votes. There's a precinct I'll make sure never to visit.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #483
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
I love my country. Even had Romney won, I planned on making this statement.

This year over 100 Million votes. Although power did not change hands, we live in a country where it can change through the vote of the people. And every few years it does change without violence or bloodshed and with minimal amounts of tampering or fraud. This is a great country and a good system. It has some flaws, but it can be changed.

God bless America.
Hear, hear.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #484
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
Lol @ his statement. What a noob. Cheetos and Goldfish?

Who the **** eats those when theyre high? I prefer sour worms and peanut butter m&ms
Funyuns and Nutter Butters.

Yeah, I'm old school.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #485
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Romney pulls a Chef and loses!
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #486
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Is it me, or do the losing candidates always just look relieved after their concession speeches?
Old 11-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #487
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Dude just flat out crushes those polling numbers.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #488
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Looks like Bachmann held onto her seat by 300 votes. There's a precinct I'll make sure never to visit.
See...i just dont know how this happens
Old 11-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #489
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

First of all, Irish Stout, well said sir.

Second, I want to say that Romney's concession speech was well done. Dignified and gracious. Well spoke sir and well run campaign. Best of luck to you Mr. Romney, if anything you inspired people to get out there and be active for what they believe in and I do think that is good.

And last but most important, I love my country and I am looking forward to coming home this year and being more active in my community to make America even better.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #490
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I have been watching the returns for the last 5 hours. You have to give the Obama GOTV team a ton of credit. Their data mining and hundreds of millions invested in GOTV infrastructure really won it for the President. Romney's Project Orca and GOTV effort was okay, but it wasn't much of a match for the organization that Obama built over the course of several years.

I think this is good for the GOP, BTW. I was and remain (even when I casted my ballot for him via write in) a supporter of Jon Huntsman. He's the best candidate we had, because he was the most thoughtful, reasonable, experienced and well rounded. He combined alot of the things people like about the GOP (fiscal conservatism), along with moderate stances on social issues, the environment and foreign affairs where most of America is. I said when he was basically forced out that it was a mistake that would be rued....and it was. Demographics are changing, and you have to tack to the center to win. And the center is where most reasonable proposals are anyway. Kicking out the one true centrist means another loss....just as I predicted here, even in a relatively weak economy. We need to focus on the guys like Huntsman, like Mitch Daniels, like Jeb Bush and other moderate Republicans. Nominating extremist candidates like Akin, like Mourdock etc. when those seats were locks is the reason for the loss. That's what it is. That is what I've been saying all along. They need to learn a lesson.

Romney didn't lose because he was a "Massachussets Moderate". He lost because he was forced by the base into extreme positions in the primary just to win and Obama used that to paint an effective narrative. Come to the center and adjust to reality and we can move forward as a party. I'm glad this got hammered into the party's head. This is the only way. It's the Nixon way and the Eisenhower way and the Bush I way...its the only way to win.

Props to Obama for his victory. I hope he continues to try and push a grand bargain for debt reduction as I continue to view that as the biggest issue. In exchange, we should be grateful that he is willing to compromise (when the House GOP has not) and should offer compromises on tax issues and global warming issues in consideration. There is much room to get stuff done....if they are willing to work with the President. As a moderate Republican, I hope they finally try to work with him.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #491
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Funyuns and Nutter Butters.

Yeah, I'm old school.
Nutter Butters are the holy grail of snacks. I cant even call them snacks because Ill sit down and eat like 15 of those bad boys.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #492
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
I live in a real world. This leadership is leading this Country into complete failure.

I'm willing to stand up for what is right.

I served my country in War twice...how about you....big mouth
You are entitled to your own opinion, it doesn't make you right however.

Thank you for your service regardless of my rejection of your opinion.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #493
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I have been watching the returns for the last 5 hours. You have to give the Obama GOTV team a ton of credit. Their data mining and hundreds of millions invested in GOTV infrastructure really won it for the President. Romney's Project Orca and GOTV effort was okay, but it wasn't much of a match for the organization that Obama built over the course of several years.

I think this is good for the GOP, BTW. I was and remain (even when I casted my ballot for him via write in) a supporter of Jon Huntsman. He's the best candidate we had, because he was the most thoughtful, reasonable, experienced and well rounded. He combined alot of the things people like about the GOP (fiscal conservatism), along with moderate stances on social issues, the environment and foreign affairs where most of America is. I said when he was basically forced out that it was a mistake that would be rued....and it was. Demographics are changing, and you have to tack to the center to win. And the center is where most reasonable proposals are anyway. Kicking out the one true centrist means another loss....just as I predicted here, even in a relatively weak economy. We need to focus on the guys like Huntsman, like Mitch Daniels, like Jeb Bush and other moderate Republicans. Nominating extremist candidates like Akin, like Mourdock etc. when those seats were locks is the reason for the loss. That's what it is. That is what I've been saying all along. They need to learn a lesson.

Romney didn't lose because he was a "Massachussets Moderate". He lost because he was forced by the base into extreme positions in the primary just to win and Obama used that to paint an effective narrative. Come to the center and adjust to reality and we can move forward as a party. I'm glad this got hammered into the party's head. This is the only way. It's the Nixon way and the Eisenhower way and the Bush I way...its the only way to win.

Props to Obama for his victory. I hope he continues to try and push a grand bargain for debt reduction as I continue to view that as the biggest issue. In exchange, we should be grateful that he is willing to compromise (when the House GOP has not) and should offer compromises on tax issues and global warming issues in consideration. There is much room to get stuff done....if they are willing to work with the President. As a moderate Republican, I hope they finally try to work with him.
God, i wish more republicans spoke like you.

Except Im not sure that they will suddenly compromise.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #494
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post

Morning Murdering Joe said the guy was stupid and had no business doing this for a living!! LMAO!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #495
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
fair enough, but I think it's more of how he's using his executive powers that are unsettling:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/...ry?id=16598194

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate...reme-and-risky

and ironic because if you remember, BO criticized Bush for his use of executive power but BO is using it just as much:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...665694712.html

Please note this part of the WSJ article: What's unusual about Mr. Obama is that he also has used executive power to press his domestic agenda.

So BO is using it for foreign police like in Libya and domestically which is "unusual". Of course, this all comes after he promised to work with congress.
And then Congress promised not to work with him...

Of course, now they're all the ones running for re-election.

Get ready for some compromise, or some more Dems in Congress.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #496
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
More alarming for me was when he switched away from defending DOMA. Try to repeal it if you want but the job of the president is to enforce the nations laws. There's processes for congress to overcome the president if that's what they want to do but when the president can just start ignoring what congress forces through... dangerous, dangerous scenario.
Wrong. Presidents have a long history of selectively enforcing laws.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #497
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
And then Congress promised not to work with him...

Of course, now they're all the ones running for re-election.

Get ready for some compromise, or some more Dems in Congress.
I wonder how itll change now that they dont have to worry about voting him out of office.

May change things a bit. I hope
Old 11-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #498
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post

The thing is (by his own admission) it was mostly just poll aggregate. Basic basic math. Pundits (on both sides, but mostly GOP) didn't want to believe. Because their jobs hinge on it being a horse race, a toss up the whole way, hinging on every little controversy.

But it isn't. Polling is so extensive now in swing state that we know. We now know who is going to win down to a very exact percentage, even in a pretty close election like this. Commence ignoring the talking heads.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #499
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post

Sounds good, but I don't see how that happens with the primary process. The extremists rule the party. The GOP is reaping the fruit of Lee Atwater's strategy to bend down to the darker angels of human nature in order to win elections. You let the whackos on the bus and before you know it, they're sitting behind the wheel. I, for one, would appreciate having a powerful, fiscal conservative voice in Washington, but not one chained to a medieval social policy. It will take years for the Republicans to rebuild their brand. Meanwhile, the changing demographics are leaving them in the dust. Unfortunately, given the personalities running the GOP right now, they are not going to learn anything from this. They will go down with the ship. I just hope they don't pull down the entire country with them.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 11-06-2012 at 10:16 PM..
Old 11-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #500
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

gunns is offline   Reply With Quote