The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #451
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Holy moly, is the mane full of fast food workers? Do you guys not get drug tested at work?
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #452
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
Where's Lonestar? That would complete this thread. =]
No, completion will be the inevitable burst of cartoons from LABF.
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #453
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
count em...

http://www.archives.gov/federal-regi...sposition.html

Obama: 140,
http://www.archives.gov/federal-regi...ers/obama.html

Bush Jr: 291
Clinton 363
G. Bush 165
Reagan 380
Carter 319
Ford 168
Nixon 345
Johnson 323
Kennedy 213
Eisenhower 481
Truman 893
FD Roosevelt 3,466

He's really quite average in his numbers issued.. Bush Jr issued 291 over 2 terms averaging 145 over the two terms so he's really not issued any more than the average President. Carter's #s seem extreme given his one term, but that might a reflection of the turmoil during his term. And well FDR, was in longer and during WWII so those numbers are not surprising.
fair enough, but I think it's more of how he's using his executive powers that are unsettling:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/...ry?id=16598194

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate...reme-and-risky

and ironic because if you remember, BO criticized Bush for his use of executive power but BO is using it just as much:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...665694712.html

Please note this part of the WSJ article: What's unusual about Mr. Obama is that he also has used executive power to press his domestic agenda.

So BO is using it for foreign police like in Libya and domestically which is "unusual". Of course, this all comes after he promised to work with congress.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #454
Bronco Yoda

Now Virgina goes to Obama. That puts it over 300.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #455
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
Second best thing is gay marriage passing in Maine and Maryland—first time it has been legalized by voters.

Third best things is confirmation of 538/poll aggregators. Never listen to horse race pundits again. Ever.
Makes sense on the day Obama was reelected, everyone voted to hand out more benefits.

@ Fiscal responsibility...
Old 11-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #456
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Makes sense on the day Obama was reelected, everyone voted to hand out more benefits.

@ Fiscal responsibility...
Go galt my friend.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #457
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Miami/Dade vote counters have closed down and gone home. They'll resume tomorrow. Looks like Obama will take Florida as well. There's really no place left for Romney to draw votes from.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #458
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
fair enough, but I think it's more of how he's using his executive powers that are unsettling:

and ironic because if you remember, BO criticized Bush for his use of executive power but BO is using it just as much:

Please note this part of the WSJ article: What's unusual about Mr. Obama is that he also has used executive power to press his domestic agenda.

So BO is using it for foreign police like in Libya and domestically which is "unusual". Of course, this all comes after he promised to work with congress.
More alarming for me was when he switched away from defending DOMA. Try to repeal it if you want but the job of the president is to enforce the nations laws. There's processes for congress to overcome the president if that's what they want to do but when the president can just start ignoring what congress forces through... dangerous, dangerous scenario.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #459
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

Maybe if he got even a modicum of cooperation from across the aisle, he wouldnt have to push everything through.

Though i dont even agree with your original premise that he's basically becoming a king.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #460
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
Do they drug test for jobs in Colorado? How does that work? If you piss and THC shows up, do they ignore it?
Yes they do and trust me the ones using MMJ are two distinct groups. People who really need it and thus are in a state who can't really work anyways. Or pot fans who think its cool to be able to buy and don't have a type of job that requires testing. Because they are are fans of the MMJ and find employers that are less stringent.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #461
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

And now it looks like West is gonna lose his campaign here in Florida. I always liked him even before I moved down here. What a terrible night. I knew some of it was coming (Like Obama getting reelected) but it still sucks now that it's come to fruition. I'm going to bed.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #462
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Romney still waiting on results to come in from the Cayman Islands before conceding.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #463
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
More alarming for me was when he switched away from defending DOMA. Try to repeal it if you want but the job of the president is to enforce the nations laws. There's processes for congress to overcome the president if that's what they want to do but when the president can just start ignoring what congress forces through... dangerous, dangerous scenario.
not when a law is unconstitutional.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #464
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Move out. You live in a fictional world
I live in a real world. This leadership is leading this Country into complete failure.

I'm willing to stand up for what is right.

I served my country in War twice...how about you....big mouth
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #465
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
fact is BO will just use executive power to force his policies. I think he's used this more than any other president up to this date by a wide margin and I don't see him changing his ways. Fact is, now BO can really inforce his will upon a crappy congress. BO has never been about working across party lines. It's up to the repubs to decide if they are going to capitulate or if they are going to continue the gridlock.
False.

http://m.jacksonville.com/news/metro...-not-900-times
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #466
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah I think I'm going to bed. It was a close election. Hard fought. It's sad to see Colorado go for Obama two years in a row. We did hold onto the house. I just really hope Obama decides to compromise and not be the arrogant dick hole he's been this time around.

The fact that Garry Johnson siphoned off 20k votes makes me mad. Third party candidates just give elections to the person least in line with their view. See: Nader in 2000. Anyway, congrats to Obama and to you Democrats. I hope you guys make things better. The country really needs the help. You have an impressive ground game and it's clearly powerful. We'll need to answer again. Hopefully 2014 is like 2010 and we can get the Senate back. See you in two years!
The Republicans were the ones not compromising. No matter what the circumstance all things concerning the deficite is to come from cuts to programs not tax increases. NON WHATSOEVER!!

Excuse me but that is not compromising
Old 11-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #467
Bronco Yoda

Country going up in smoke....Pot legalized in Colorado

The Gays are taking over the world now....Maryland legalized same-sex marriage

The black man stays in the White House....Obama wins both the electoral and popular vote

... Most of my family probably thinks the world is ending right about now. LMAO

Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 11-06-2012 at 11:11 PM..
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #468
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

The popular vote has swung to Obama with most of the uncounted votes coming from blue California. Trump will have to look elsewhere for ammo for his revolution.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #469
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
And now it looks like West is gonna lose his campaign here in Florida. I always liked him even before I moved down here. What a terrible night. I knew some of it was coming (Like Obama getting reelected) but it still sucks now that it's come to fruition. I'm going to bed.
that & allen grayson getting back in congress were the 2 best things to happen.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #470
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

You lookin at me?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dom Casual

Quote:

I can see your point as it is the content over numbers of what he issues.

I also agree the legality of EOs in general is interesting. It's more of a tradition than a right truly defined by the constitution, but they are supposed to be based on actual law if I understand the use of them correctly.

"though there is no Constitutional provision or statute that explicitly permits executive orders, there is a vague grant of "executive power" given in Article II, Section 1, Clause 1 of the Constitution, and furthered by the declaration "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed" made in Article II, Section 3, Clause 5. Most Executive Orders use these Constitutional reasonings as the authorization allowing for their issuance to be justified as part of the President's sworn duties,[2] the intent being to help direct officers of the US Executive carry out their delegated duties as well as the normal operations of the federal government: the consequence of failing to comply possibly being the removal from office.[3]"

Two EOs have been overturned in the recorded history of them, one by Truman and one by Clinton (there's a pretty decent Wikipedia description of it). Obama even voluntarily took one of his back so I thought that was interesting because you don't see a lot of leaders admit an error that obviously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order

To be honest I got into an argument with my grandpa a few years ago about this so that's why I have any knowledge of it. I miss him, we used to have really good talks and I had a lot of respect for him, we didn't always agree, but he always made me think and question things. I know he wouldn't like Obama, but he'd be okay with my position as long as I can support it.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #471
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Romney still waiting on results to come in from the Cayman Islands before conceding.
Well you have to be thorough. You can never recover from conceding before U.S. Samoa is tallied!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #472
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
I live in a real world. This leadership is leading this Country into complete failure.

I'm willing to stand up for what is right.

I served my country in War twice...how about you....big mouth
Whats the complete failure, pray tell? You guys have painted amercia as this failing flea market. We have problems, big ones, but things have NOT gotten WORSE over the last four years. Theres nothing to suggest it has. So, yes,you apparently live in a fictional world if you think you have to arm yourself against A BOOGEYMAN!

So because I was never in the army, im less american than you?
Old 11-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #473
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

What are the odds Romney is going to break mormon belief and go on a bender and get **** faced after tonight's loss?
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #474
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Can people explain this more? Like can they start selling it anywhere? Or in pot dispensaries?
here's an excerpt

"his is the second time Colorado voted on legal weed, in 2006 Coloradans voted the measure down, but not in 2012. Mason Tvert, co-director of the campaign, told The Huffington Post in an August interview why he thought this year might be different:

The 2006 initiative would have simply removed the penalties for the possession of marijuana legal for individuals 21 years of age or older. The current initiative proposes a fully regulated system of cultivation and sales, which will eliminate the underground marijuana market and generate tens of millions of dollars per year in new revenue and criminal justice savings. It also directs the legislature to regulate the cultivation of industrial hemp, a versatile, popular, and environmentally friendly agricultural crop.

More importantly, voters are more informed about marijuana than ever before. They have also experienced the emergence of a state-regulated medical marijuana system that has not produced any serious problems, but has provided a number of benefits. We now know that marijuana cultivation and sales can be regulated, and that medical marijuana businesses do not contribute to increased crime. We have also seen marijuana use among high school students decrease since the state began implementing regulations, whereas it has increased nationwide where there are no regulations. And, of course, localities and the state have seen how much revenue can be generated through the legal sale of marijuana that would have otherwise gone into the underground market. Voters in Colorado no longer need to imagine what a legal and regulated system of marijuana sales would look like; they have seen it.

It's also worth noting that 2012 is a presidential election year, so we will benefit from increased voter turnout compared to an off-year election like 2006. Historically, the more people who vote, the more support marijuana reform initiatives receive.

On the same night that Colorado passed Amendment 64, Washington state passed Initiative 502 which regulates and taxes sales of small amounts of marijuana for adults, The Associated Press reports. Oregon also had a marijuana measure on the ballot, but as of publishing and with 47 percent of precincts reporting, it looked as if it would not pass.

Under Amendment 64, marijuana is taxed and regulated similar to alcohol and tobacco. It gives state and local governments the ability to control and tax the sale of small amounts of marijuana to adults age 21 and older. According to the Associated Press, analysts project that that tax revenue could generate somewhere between $5 million and $22 million a year in the state. An economist whose study was funded by a pro-pot group projects as much as a $60 million boost by 2017."

as i understand it, dispensaries will now have the option to sell (up to an ounce) to anyone with a valid license and be over the age of 21, WITHOUT needing a medical use license.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #475
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
yah, my bad. It's how he's using his executive powers that are different than previous administrations.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote