The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #426
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Im much more concerned about creating jobs than i am the debt. If we get the economy moving, the debt will take care of itself.

Plus, healthcare should help with over all debt/deficit over time if it fully gets implemented. according to the cbo anyway.
Yeah, well, it still doesn't change anything that Candidate Obama disagreed with the stance of you and President Obama as long as it benefited him politically to do so.

And the debt will take care of itself? Which time when a good economy cleared out the debt gives you that opinion?

See, I happen to know that anytime you run up debt and have to pay interest, you're throwing away money. Maintaining debt just for ****s and grins is a silly position to take.

It kinda sounds like you've swallowed up the rhetoric and you're just passing it along at this point. The problem is it doesn't make any sense...
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #427
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Im a big proponent of state's rights on things like this and other things like marriage. I really think the feds should back off. However, I can see the feds not backing off this issue because (hypothetical here) If I was to drive across the state line into CO to buy some cheeba, because, yah know, I can do it legally. And maybe pick up a nice new shiney bong while I'm there and then load said cheeba and 4' bong into my car and to carry both back to my home in WY, I've just committed a federal crime, right?
I'm guessing a test case like this will make it to the SCOTUS, which is what we need to happen.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #428
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Can people explain this more? Like can they start selling it anywhere? Or in pot dispensaries?
I am sure they will still regulate how its sold. Its currently in dispensaries and you have to register to use and produce. So I am sure they will expand on that.

So hurry up get your name on a list that can get in the hands of the feds! Like giving them a treasure map whenever they feel like busting some chops!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #429
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Im a big proponent of state's rights on things like this and other things like marriage. I really think the feds should back off. However, I can see the feds not backing off this issue because (hypothetical here) If I was to drive across the state line into CO to buy some cheeba, because, yah know, I can do it legally. And maybe pick up a nice new shiney bong while I'm there and then load said cheeba and 4' bong into my car and to carry both back to my home in WY, I've just committed a federal crime, right?
It should just be legal. There's ZERO reason why its illegal, and you can make a ton of money off it.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #430
Bronco Yoda

Miss just smacked Tombstone through the wall.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #431
jutang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
tell it to the feds.
Don't tell DJ... Somehow he'll think he can smoke up and actually turn in his own urine next time
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #432
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Will be amusing to watch some of the people who liked the feds smacking down Arizona's "undocumented immigrant" law not like this fed smack down, and vice versa.
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #433
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Yeah, well, it still doesn't change anything that Candidate Obama disagreed with the stance of you and President Obama as long as it benefited him politically to do so.

And the debt will take care of itself? Which time when a good economy cleared out the debt gives you that opinion?

See, I happen to know that anytime you run up debt and have to pay interest, you're throwing away money. Maintaining debt just for ****s and grins is a silly position to take.

It kinda sounds like you've swallowed up the rhetoric and you're just passing it along at this point. The problem is it doesn't make any sense...
The banksters are not going to sit on their money for another four years, regardless of who is president. The ice is going to break loose and things are going to get moving again.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #434
swaiy

Quote:
Depends how much green you plan on buying. Each state has a certain amount considered to be 'distribution.' Add on the bong, which would be considered paraphanelia if found with the weed, and you would be ****ed.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #435
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
The economy is still a card house built upon a base of debt. Anything you can blame Bush for, Obama continued.

And before you say it, the Iraq withdrawal plan was announced before Bush left office...
Yeah after vetoing it in 2007 and continuing to fund it, he did it in December 2008 and then went to Iraq and said there was more work to be done. It was Obama who set a firm plan to actually do it and did it.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #436
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Holy ****, FDR didn't **** around with getting what he wanted! War or no war he got what he wanted done!

Nice way to present the facts Miss I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
count em...

http://www.archives.gov/federal-regi...sposition.html

Obama: 140,
http://www.archives.gov/federal-regi...ers/obama.html

Bush Jr: 291
Clinton 363
G. Bush 165
Reagan 380
Carter 319
Ford 168
Nixon 345
Johnson 323
Kennedy 213
Eisenhower 481
Truman 893
FD Roosevelt 3,466

He's really quite average in his numbers issued.. Bush Jr issued 291 over 2 terms averaging 145 over the two terms so he's really not issued any more than the average President. Carter's #s seem extreme given his one term, but that might a reflection of the turmoil during his term. And well FDR, was in longer and during WWII so those numbers are not surprising.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #437
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Colorado becomes the first state in history to legalize marijuana!
Time to pack a bowl and spark up in celebration.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #438
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Yeah after vetoing it in 2007 and continuing to fund it, he did it in December 2008 and then went to Iraq and said there was more work to be done. It was Obama who set a firm plan to actually do it and did it.
Its okay, gunns. No need to explain. Everybody is just a little cranky; well, at least the losers of this election are.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #439
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
And then Obama's people were in talks to extend it. What's your point? The withdrawal occurred in accordance with the timeline set out while Bush was still president. The only threat to the timeline since they announced it late in Bush's term was the proposed extension just before the final withdrawal. Obama literally had no positive impact on the withdrawal whatsoever aside from not messing it up.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #440
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Nevada called for Obama.

Romney still refuses to concede.

Why am I not surprised?
Old 11-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #441
swaiy

Where's Lonestar? That would complete this thread. =]
Old 11-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #442
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
Its okay, gunns. No need to explain. Everybody is just a little cranky; well, at least the losers of this election are.
We're all losers. Some just won't realize it for quite some time.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #443
swaiy

Quote:
Like Romney, in regards to that, I cannot concede.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #444
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
count em...

http://www.archives.gov/federal-regi...sposition.html

Obama: 140,
http://www.archives.gov/federal-regi...ers/obama.html

Bush Jr: 291
Clinton 363
G. Bush 165
Reagan 380
Carter 319
Ford 168
Nixon 345
Johnson 323
Kennedy 213
Eisenhower 481
Truman 893
FD Roosevelt 3,466

He's really quite average in his numbers issued.. Bush Jr issued 291 over 2 terms averaging 145 over the two terms so he's really not issued any more than the average President. Carter's #s seem extreme given his one term, but that might a reflection of the turmoil during his term. And well FDR, was in longer and during WWII so those numbers are not surprising.
I got an A in Constitutional Law at CU (poli sci class, not law school) yet I still can't get my head around how those things are constitutional. More of a "well, it's always been done this way" thing than any real foundation.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #445
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Maybe, but not because of this election
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #446
Bronco Yoda

Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #447
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

yes!!! pot is now legal in Colorado!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #448
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Second best thing is gay marriage passing in Maine and Maryland—first time it has been legalized by voters.

Third best things is confirmation of 538/poll aggregators. Never listen to horse race pundits again. Ever.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #449
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Maybe, but not because of this election
From the 50,000 ft high point of view, I have to agree with you.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #450
swaiy

Do they drug test for jobs in Colorado? How does that work? If you piss and THC shows up, do they ignore it?