The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #51
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I beg to differ.....we're 4-3 after playing the 4-3 Steelers, the 7-0 Falcons, 6-1 Texans, 5-3 Patriots and while their records are stellar, the highly potent offenses of the Chargers and Saints.

Regardless of how you look at it, that's a murderer's row of teams to play....and the team is obviously getting better defensively and offensively.

I think this team is on the upswing and starting to get their **** together.....

Yes on the upswing to be sure but to be the odds on favorite to win the Super Bowl that's premature IMO.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #52
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Yes on the upswing to be sure but to be the odds on favorite to win the Super Bowl that's premature IMO.

For sure.

I will say though that I feel the Broncos have all the pieces and mainly big time players at critical positions with Manning, Miller, Dumervil

QB and pass rush are the formula IMO. The Broncos are very strong in those areas from a talent perspective and of course legend at QB.

The main ingredients are there IMO. It's all up to the team to gel and execute at the right time

Edit: forgot about the Offensive line, which as we all know is generally a staple of the Broncos.

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 10-31-2012 at 12:07 PM..
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #53
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
I think their chances are just as good as anyone elses...but then again I'm a half full glass kind of guy.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #54
Action

Keep in mind we're playing all those elite teams, all whom have been with each other for a long period of time and have continuity with their system and coaches...

Where as we had a major offensive and defensive over haul and we are trying to figure ourselves out on the fly.

Not to mention the fact that we have a QB that didn't play for a year.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #55
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
I think their chances are just as good as anyone elses...but then again I'm a half full glass kind of guy.

I don't know why it often takes a string of posts to convey to you what seemed obviously clear in the original post.

1 Yes we are vastly improved

2 Yes we have as good a chance as anyone to win it all

3 No we should not be the favorite to win it all sitting at 4 - 3 and having lost to three other teams in the mix.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:00 PM   #56
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That would be good. For Brock and the Broncos.

For those hand-wringing because we are becoming favorites, this is one thing a good team has to overcome. You get a target on your back and everyone is extra prepared to come at you. This comes with success and it will be something this team has to overcome.

Would you rather we sucked?
if we can't handle the pressure of other teams getting up for us then frankly going to the playoffs is dumb.. If we can't win the games that count a lot less then you are going to get killed in the playoffs just like we have been for over a decade..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #57
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Special teams includes coverage and return games too and muffed kick/punt returns have hampered us.

We don't average a high return on punts and Omar Boldin has screwed us far too many times by bringing it out when he should just kneel it on kickoffs.
You are aware that he alone does not make that decision..

there is a guy near the goal line that normally waives it off if it is screwed..

Just maybe it is not just Omar.. IIRC he had a 105 yarder this year..
Old 10-31-2012, 03:41 PM   #58
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Like Houston and NE?

Regardless whether we go 5-4 or 8-1 the rest of the way. These two teams expose our weaknesses on D the most. While I think our O will be better not sure if our D will improve enough to actually expect to beat these teams. NE has really toyed with us lately.
You are forgetting the Mays factor. Things should be better next time.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:05 PM   #59
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The way Brady has carved us up last 2 yrs I'm not convinced we can stop them.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #60
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I don't know why it often takes a string of posts to convey to you what seemed obviously clear in the original post.

1 Yes we are vastly improved

2 Yes we have as good a chance as anyone to win it all

3 No we should not be the favorite to win it all sitting at 4 - 3 and having lost to three other teams in the mix.
I clearly understand your stance dude....you evidently don't understand mine.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #61
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
The way Brady has carved us up last 2 yrs I'm not convinced we can stop them.
The last three times we played them how many times did we turn the ball over?

Point being is that if this team plays up to it's potential we can and will beat the Patriots.....just because we haven't doesn't mean we can't.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #62
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
I clearly understand your stance dude....you evidently don't understand mine.

Maybe. Tell me what it is.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #63
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
You are aware that he alone does not make that decision..

there is a guy near the goal line that normally waives it off if it is screwed..

Just maybe it is not just Omar.. IIRC he had a 105 yarder this year..
You are aware that the returner himself has to make that decision right ****tard?

And you should also be aware that that 103 yard return was in the 4th pre-season game largely against players not in the NFL.

Denver is 31st in the league in kickoff return average at 18 yards. Out of 32 teams. Being middle of the road at 16th in punt return yards.

To be fair to Bolden, his own average is slightly higher than the team average at 19.28. There are 29 other teams that have better kickoff return averages than Bolden.

So no, he should never EVER bring it out of the end zone. He's not very good at it.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:44 PM   #64
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
You are aware that the returner himself has to make that decision right ****tard?

And you should also be aware that that 103 yard return was in the 4th pre-season game largely against players not in the NFL.

Denver is 31st in the league in kickoff return average at 18 yards. Out of 32 teams. Being middle of the road at 16th in punt return yards.

To be fair to Bolden, his own average is slightly higher than the team average at 19.28. There are 29 other teams that have better kickoff return averages than Bolden.

So no, he should never EVER bring it out of the end zone. He's not very good at it.
Just when I think posters are civil you pull the **** out of you pockets.

As I said he has folks in front of him to waive him off if they think he should not run it out.
Yes it is ulitmately his decision, in any of the returns I saw him override the guy in front of him and run it out because of his own decision.

If his coaches did not want him running it back and had confidence in him someone else would be there. so if you want to whine about something place the blame where it should be on Fox and his ST coach.

Wow Some people's kids. You got caught with a whiny post and are not man enough to own up to it.

That or you do not have a clue. Staring to sound like the latter.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:47 PM   #65
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Maybe. Tell me what it is.
It's called optimism....having faith...and watching the way this team is starting to gel. You act as if you're scared to be considered one of the NFL's elite teams for fear they don't win the SB.

Keep in mind I have no idea how knowledgeable they truly are...but the accolades this team is getting now is due to alleged analysts watching game film and coming to the conclusion that these Broncos can win it all.

We've played a murderer's row of tough opponents.....Steelers, Texans, Falcons, Patriots, Raiders, Chargers, and Saints....where even the ones with poor w-l records aren't pushovers by any means.....and yes we lost 3 of them, but we were very competitive in them...

I'd argue that we beat ourselves in those 3 losses...not to mention we made a couple of pretty good QBs look pretty bad too. Sure we're 4-3...but (a few mental mistakes on our part) we could just as easily be 7-0 or 6-1 right? I'm willing to bet the Falcons, Texans and Patriots sighed a collective sigh of relief that we shot ourselves in the foot in those losses and do not want to see us again.

Our schedule favors us getting a home playoff game, and depending on how the other teams do, maybe we steal homefield throughout....we should be considered the favorite to at least make the SB if not win it.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:59 PM   #66
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
Both Denver and San Francisco now rank in the top five for both offense and defense, with roughly average special teams. We all know the Broncos' defense has improved this year, but top five is a bit of a shock. However, this is where the strength of schedule issue really comes in. The Broncos have played the toughest set of opposing offenses so far, including five games against teams in the top 10 of offensive DVOA. And things are about to get much, much easier for the Broncos. Denver has the easiest remaining schedule in the league by a huge margin. Their average opponent remaining has a DVOA of -17.7%. Oakland is next at -8.8%. The average offense left on the Denver schedule has a DVOA of -11.3% (ranked 32nd) and the average defense left has a DVOA of 6.8% (ranked 30th, ahead of only Miami and Houston). Denver's road back to the playoffs is now so obvious that Von Miller could even see it without his ironic horn-rimmed glasses.
Did he mean to say "iconic horn-rimmed glasses?" I know this is probably fairly trivial, but what is "ironic" about Von Miller's glasses?
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:18 PM   #67
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Did he mean to say "iconic horn-rimmed glasses?" I know this is probably fairly trivial, but what is "ironic" about Von Miller's glasses?
Cuz they are nerdy and he's a jock.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:22 PM   #68
errand
Ring of Famer

Good read...makes me laugh at those who thought signing Manning was a huge mistake or waste of money....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...roncos-offense
Old 10-31-2012, 08:16 PM   #69
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Some wanted to pay same money to overrated Mario Williams instead. Glad our FO made the correct choice.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #70
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Hindsight is 20/20. Manning was a huge unknown coming into the season; could have went either way. Nobody knew if he'd be able to perform or not. Just because it's working out doesn't mean Elway has a crystal ball or something.

If Manning's health wouldn't have been an issue, there would have been a lot more teams lined up to sign him. Lucky for us.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #71
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
It's called optimism....having faith...and watching the way this team is starting to gel. You act as if you're scared to be considered one of the NFL's elite teams for fear they don't win the SB.

Keep in mind I have no idea how knowledgeable they truly are...but the accolades this team is getting now is due to alleged analysts watching game film and coming to the conclusion that these Broncos can win it all.

We've played a murderer's row of tough opponents.....Steelers, Texans, Falcons, Patriots, Raiders, Chargers, and Saints....where even the ones with poor w-l records aren't pushovers by any means.....and yes we lost 3 of them, but we were very competitive in them...

I'd argue that we beat ourselves in those 3 losses...not to mention we made a couple of pretty good QBs look pretty bad too. Sure we're 4-3...but (a few mental mistakes on our part) we could just as easily be 7-0 or 6-1 right? I'm willing to bet the Falcons, Texans and Patriots sighed a collective sigh of relief that we shot ourselves in the foot in those losses and do not want to see us again.

Our schedule favors us getting a home playoff game, and depending on how the other teams do, maybe we steal homefield throughout....we should be considered the favorite to at least make the SB if not win it.
Well let me take this opportunity to gloat about my super fandom too.....
Old 10-31-2012, 09:43 PM   #72
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:

I hear ya. Following the Broncos is fun again. Pinch me. We are really good.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:18 AM   #73
CEH
Ring of Famer

The thing the pissed me off in the offseason were the clueless posters (er Teboners er that Ammegon guy for sure)) who called our Oline crappy. Couldn't have been further from the truth

Just look at that group now. Gelling and dominating
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:32 AM   #74
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Im a whiner because I just proved to you that Bolden should never run it out? You think Payton likes starting at the 12, 13, 14 yard line everytime that moron "returns a kick"?

31st in the ****ing league in kickoff returns and you are defending that idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Just when I think posters are civil you pull the **** out of you pockets.

As I said he has folks in front of him to waive him off if they think he should not run it out.
Yes it is ulitmately his decision, in any of the returns I saw him override the guy in front of him and run it out because of his own decision.

If his coaches did not want him running it back and had confidence in him someone else would be there. so if you want to whine about something place the blame where it should be on Fox and his ST coach.

Wow Some people's kids. You got caught with a whiny post and are not man enough to own up to it.

That or you do not have a clue. Staring to sound like the latter.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:40 AM   #75
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Im a whiner because I just proved to you that Bolden should never run it out? You think Payton likes starting at the 12, 13, 14 yard line everytime that moron "returns a kick"?

31st in the ****ing league in kickoff returns and you are defending that idiot.
Yes I hated this when it happen. Denver had to use an extra 3 plays just to get back to the 20.

Omar got an earful from the ST coach as he came off the field

Unacceptable when your offense is on fire
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote