The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 01:40 AM   #1
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default So whats the deal with knowshon?

Just currious?
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 01:51 AM   #2
Nwp-Apap

Biased coaching staff. Kind of hypocritical on their part too, to bench him after 5 quarters and 1 fumble. He deserves at least Lance Ball's role, based on talent and production in the league alone.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:53 AM   #3
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Rather have Jeremiah Johnson playing than Knowshon. I forgot which game it was, but it spelt the end for him (I think the Falcons game) when he fumbled and he got beat a few too many times in pass protection (same game I'm pretty sure).
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:54 AM   #4
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwp-Apap View Post
Biased coaching staff. Kind of hypocritical on their part too, to bench him after 5 quarters and 1 fumble. He deserves at least Lance Ball's role, based on talent and production in the league alone.
Ball does the little things better. Blocks better, and plays special teams (something that Knowshon sucks at).
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:51 AM   #5
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Knowshon can break tackles and is a good receiver out of the backfield. He runs hard be he just has no speed. Plus his vision is questionable.

Knowshon is better than Hillman at pass blocking but Hillman has really improved quite a bit the last few games. Hillman is no longer a liability on 3rd down passing situations. Therefore we can afford to take Knowshon out.

Plus Hillman has the speed and big play potential that none of our other backs have besides maybe Jeremiah Johnson. And Johnson is only on the practice squad.

McGahee- clearly our best all around back
Hillman- best change of pace back, potential for big plays, and improved pass blocker
Ball- reliable, doesnt fumble much, does a little bit of everything although nothing great.
Moreno- bust
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:29 AM   #6
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
See guys, stick around here long enough and you'll find an illogical advocate for just about anyone.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:01 AM   #7
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Just currious?
Doesn't stay healthy, isn't explosive, lack of effort/toughness has clearly put him in the coaching dog house.

At this point Ball is seeing his role reduced by the week as Hillman develops, so it's not like there is a role to shift Moreno into really. Give it a few more weeks and Ball's role will probably be near non-existent as well.

Moreno has high enough pedigree and enough previous production to be a worthwhile depth guy should someone get hurt, but the staff obviously doesn't think he has what they want in an RB.

He'll be released after this season, avoiding his big salary bump. The question for him now is if he completely washes out, or if he's follows the path of Thomas Jones, re-dedicating himself when he gets to a new team and doing the work needed to let his talent shine.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:02 AM   #8
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Pretty simple, the other guys are better than him
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:05 AM   #9
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

He's a fourth stringer who doesn't play special teams.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:08 AM   #10
Stagger Lee

He sucks.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:14 AM   #11
g6matty

i dont think we will release him after this year. if our intent is to carry 4 RB's dont you think hes the best 4th string RB in the league lol ?
Old 10-29-2012, 06:29 AM   #12
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
i dont think we will release him after this year. if our intent is to carry 4 RB's dont you think hes the best 4th string RB in the league lol ?
His salary for 2013 is $5M. He's gone. We'll likely draft another RB, probably a big boy, to challenge Ball and be a long term developmental replacement for McGahee.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:59 AM   #13
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I keep thinking he will be active for the KC games, but thats it. Seems they are just keeping him around in case someone gets hurt.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #14
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
No he doesn't. If he played special teams maybe and if he didn't make mental errors on the field in pass protection then maybe. Slowshon is a bust that barring injury has played his last down for us.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #15
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

No need to have 4 active RBs and since he is the one they have the least confidence in he gets to sit until someone gets injured.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #16
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
He sucks.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #17
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
I keep thinking he will be active for the KC games, but thats it. Seems they are just keeping him around in case someone gets hurt.
Yep he is cheap insurance, bad insurance, but he knows the system, practices with the team and if needed to dress probably will only see the field as the 3rd RB. I also would rather see JJ as our insurance option at this point. I am not sure if he already got picked up though.

I would have liked to see them get something for him rather than just flat out cut him at the end of the year. I don't see anyone wanting to trade for him unless they want an old 1st round pick reclamation project on their hands and were afraid some other team would try to sign him. Thing is if anyone trades for him they will have to have his deal set to league min and worked out, no way anyone is trading for a 1st round bust then pay him $5mil for one year.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #18
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Eat part of the contract and trade him for a back-up LB since Mays is out for the season. There are teams out there that need a RB.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #19
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Just currious?
Popps?!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #20
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

So this is what I was trying to get at. Are we just going to keep him inactive or trade or cut ect... He is just wasting a roster spot right now and we could be developing another RB or maybe LB from the practice squad.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #21
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

He can bust out 850 yards in this system
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #22
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
He sucks.
He also sucks.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #23
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

He'll sit on the bench, collecting a paycheck, and LIKE IT...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #24
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

I wouldn't be suprised if the team was actively pursuing a trade. Could be why he's not even active. (not risking injury)

Now I don't think we'll net anything higher than a 4th/5th should we trade him, but it's clear the team doesn't see him in their future.

I never had anything against Knowshon. I actually was happy to get him after seeing him at Ga. (still wanted Orakpo there, but w/e). But, as was stated before, in all my years watching the Broncos, never had I watched a player that made me cringe everytime he had the rock in his hands (fumble prone).
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #25
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Just currious?
he sucks
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote