The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
Armchair Bronco

Default RGIII has partial ACL & LCL tears

Just reported via my ESPN SMS alerts.

"Redskins QB Robert Griffin III has partial tears to ACL and lateral collateral ligament in knee."
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Just reported? thank god I dont get espn sms updates. lol kidding kidding, but this was known pretty early today. Wish the kid a quick recovery
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
Armchair Bronco

No amount of spin by Shannyham can change the fact that the Mastermind made a huge blunder keeping the kid in after the score was 14-0.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #4
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
No amount of spin by Shannyham can change the fact that the Mastermind made a huge blunder keeping the kid in after the score was 14-0.
He certainly is getting a lot of the blame on radio.

I would say it's 95% shanahan blame and 5% RGIII just listening to it all.

I will say it's a very tough situation so I am not going to pile on shanahan, but if I was him I would have pulled him seeing what I saw on that play and then him constantly trying to jog on the sideline. It was bad and kirk cousins with a 14-0 lead I bet pulls off a win. Even if Seattle still wins, you had to go with Cousins in that situation but yeah I still understand how tough that situation is on shanahan.

Ultimately it is his call and he let his heart and respect for RGIII win out over brains.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
CEH
Ring of Famer

The real question is how long will he be out for?
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #6
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Whatever, if Washington had won, everyone would be nut-riding RGIII/Shanny.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
The real question is how long will he be out for?
earlier they were speculating 14-18 months
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #8
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
He certainly is getting a lot of the blame on radio.

I would say it's 95% shanahan blame and 5% RGIII just listening to it all.

I will say it's a very tough situation so I am not going to pile on shanahan, but if I was him I would have pulled him seeing what I saw on that play and then him constantly trying to jog on the sideline. It was bad and kirk cousins with a 14-0 lead I bet pulls off a win. Even if Seattle still wins, you had to go with Cousins in that situation but yeah I still understand how tough that situation is on shanahan.

Ultimately it is his call and he let his heart and respect for RGIII win out over brains.
Zero blame for the kid. He's going to fight to stay in, if he is who you want him to be.

I'm not sure if they have the equipment onsite to detect anything like a partial tear. Seems like they should've taken him to the locker room just to check him out further before throwing him back in though. But maybe that wouldn't have made any difference.

The playcalling was the worst part. What the eff was with the called runs?
Old 01-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #9
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Like other orthopedic surgeons interviewed for this story, Ho said the decision not to play Cutler made a lot of sense, medically.

"We know from experience," he said. "None of us would second-guess the decision to take him out of the game."

Both Smith and general manager Jerry Angelo took issue with those questioning the quarterback's toughness. They were particularly disturbed when current and former NFL players voiced their opinions via Twitter and other social media outlets.

"I think it's crap," Angelo said. "I thought they were a union. If that's the way they unionize themselves, they've got bigger issues than the one they have with the owners. I'm very disappointed."

Smith emphasized how Cutler wanted to return to Sunday's game, but it wasn't an option. Cutler was sacked twice against the Packers and apparently sustained the injury during one of those plays.

"Jay didn't take himself out of the game," Smith said. "If you're going to attack somebody, you should be attacking me as the head football coach, and our medical staff. We're the ones. He wanted to go back in. He was injured and went back in the second half. I see it the complete opposite of how it's been portrayed right now."
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #10
Armchair Bronco

Just as I predicted on another thread, Shannyham is good for at least one "head-scratcher" per game. I just didn't think it would be one of this magnitude.

Here's your franchise QB for whom you traded away 3 first round draft picks! By any measure, he's poised to be a super star. He got his team to the playoffs and the franchise picked up a lot of post-season experience. Mission accomplished. Plus, a healthy Cousins is a MUCH better choice than RGIII @ 12%.

I guess Shannyham thought he had to win it all THIS YEAR, RGIII's gimpy knee be damned. What a clown. :facepalm:
Old 01-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #11
sinuous sausage

That sucks. I tore my ACL playing football and subsequently got fat and then my girlfriend dumped me. Then I posted on the Mane.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #12
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinuous sausage View Post
That sucks. I tore my ACL playing football and subsequently got fat and then my girlfriend dumped me. Then I posted on the Mane.

This post is awesome.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #13
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Zero blame for the kid. He's going to fight to stay in, if he is who you want him to be.

I'm not sure if they have the equipment onsite to detect anything like a partial tear. Seems like they should've taken him to the locker room just to check him out further before throwing him back in though. But maybe that wouldn't have made any difference.

The playcalling was the worst part. What the eff was with the called runs?
I agree with you. Players (for the most part) are fierce competitors that refuse to come out unless forced.

RGIII is ultra competitive and was not going to come out unless they forced him.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #14
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinuous sausage View Post
this is the post of the damn year. hands down

but seriously, anyone and their mama could tell something was wrong when he went down out of bounds. the knee had no real strength and was gimpy.

i immediately thought of Cutler and wondered how the media would react to pulling him if he couldn't play.
now he played, might be out for next year and they still had to play cousins anyway.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #15
CEH
Ring of Famer

Will RGIII be able to play in the Pro Bowl?
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #16
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Will RGIII be able to play in the Pro Bowl?
Highly doubtful. Shanahan was asked that today at his presser and basically said no.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #17
Victor
The Dude Abides

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Highly doubtful. Shanahan was asked that today at his presser and basically said no.
I could be wrong, but I think that you've responded to a less than serious question. CEH was using what's called "irony".
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #18
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Dude wanted to play. Wash hadn't had a home playoff win in a long time. I can see both sides of the story. Rookie wants to go bigtime and win a playoff game, HC wants to win one also, been a long time with lack of glory for him. I'm sure Griffin was hollering abuse at anybody that wanted to take him out of the game. Remember that punk from ESPN was talking about he wasn't a brotha and all that nonsense.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #19
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
I could be wrong, but I think that you've responded to a less than serious question. CEH was using what's called "irony".
My bad lol
Old 01-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #20
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

Partial tears? HE COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #21
Rother8
Seasoned Veteran

Mhmugggggeeeee

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Don't get the Shanahan hate. He left him in up 14-0? Well, seeing as how they lost I'm not sure I get the rest your starters argument? He got hurt in the 4th quarter, no?
Rother8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #22
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Dude wanted to play. Wash hadn't had a home playoff win in a long time. I can see both sides of the story. Rookie wants to go bigtime and win a playoff game, HC wants to win one also, been a long time with lack of glory for him. I'm sure Griffin was hollering abuse at anybody that wanted to take him out of the game. Remember that punk from ESPN was talking about he wasn't a brotha and all that nonsense.
Who was in charge? I have no doubt he wanted to stay in but the coach should have used some wisdom and given a ****, regarding his and RGIII's future, and forced him out.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #23
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rother8 View Post
Don't get the Shanahan hate. He left him in up 14-0? Well, seeing as how they lost I'm not sure I get the rest your starters argument? He got hurt in the 4th quarter, no?
No, he initially got hurt in the first quarter after lunging to his right to toss a pass, kinda tweaked the knee, and fell down in pain on the right sideline.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #24
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It's a now win decision for Shanahan, he get's second guessed no matter what if the 'skins lose the game. Would be just as bad if he pulled RG3 and lost with the backup in.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #25
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Moffitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
It's a now win decision for Shanahan, he get's second guessed no matter what if the 'skins lose the game. Would be just as bad if he pulled RG3 and lost with the backup in.
Except that their franchise quarterback wouldn't have a major injury to recover from.
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote