The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
Mile High Salute

Default So, do you guys still think McGahee sucks?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2012, 11:44 PM   #2
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Playing against the worst defense in the league covers up a lot of warts.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:46 PM   #3
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I don't think McGahee sucks, but I don't think he's anything special, either. We're middle of the road at RB.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #4
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

He fumbles WAY too much…

Hillman looked great tonight...
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #5
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

McGahee is great. Rarely gets negative yards, hits the hole hard and fast. He has 2 problems, he is old and he gets injured a lot. He has had a few fumbles this year, but I don't remember that being a problem before, could be wrong.
sgbfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:13 AM   #6
extralife
Ring of Famer

McGahee is fine, has been fine, and will continue to be fine. How quickly people forget how long it had been since we had had a back capable of running into people without immediately falling over before Willis arrived.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:38 AM   #7
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

I can't believe these posts. McGahee is terrific. He lacks speed at this point, but his patience behind his blockers, his vision, and his heavy running style are exactly what Denver needs to complement Manning.

McGahee runs to the right spots at the right pace better than most. I like Hilman as a change of pace guy and he looks good getting the edge, but McGahee is playing like a stud week in and week out.
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:41 AM   #8
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
McGahee is great. Rarely gets negative yards, hits the hole hard and fast. He has 2 problems, he is old and he gets injured a lot. He has had a few fumbles this year, but I don't remember that being a problem before, could be wrong.
As a Bronco he has 8TD's and 7 Fumbles....He is our best at getting tough yards, but he has his serious flaws.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:04 AM   #9
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

McGahee needs to hold onto that rock better, and it seems his fumbles come from taking an unexpected shot from a weird angle, but he rarely takes a loss unless the play is completely blown up.

Anybody else catch that that third down conversion of his when he was FB and Hillman was TB?
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:24 AM   #10
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

He is 50x better than Moreno, who will be out of the league and flipping burgers in two years...
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #11
MileHighMagic
Ho-Slayer

SAUCED

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dave Logan

McGahee is a total badass but the fumbling is scaring me.

Hillman isn't worth a damn. He is small, slow and has no quickness. He broke a few last night because the Aints defense is awful.
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:36 AM   #12
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

One of the first issues that start to manifest on older QB's is they start to fumble. I don't really know why, but it's something that happens. He's actually fumbled quite a bit the last several games. They need to teach our running backs the right way to hold a football.

We will need more help at RB next year for sure.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #13
lolcopter

Fumblerooskies gonna fumblerooskie
Old 10-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #14
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
One of the first issues that start to manifest on older QB's is they start to fumble. I don't really know why, but it's something that happens. He's actually fumbled quite a bit the last several games. They need to teach our running backs the right way to hold a football.

We will need more help at RB next year for sure.
Good stock of RB's this upcoming draft...we will be able to get a good runner at low cost.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #15
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

I love watching MaGhee run with patience, vision and power. NO had no answer for him last night. He was key.

Our only problem at the RB position is depth. I haven't given up completely on KM yet. He is inactive because he does not play ST. If he is needed I believe he can surprise a lot of folks here especially the way the line is playing which is another area where we are thin.

I love the way we are playing right now but God help us if we get a few injuries, If we draft great these next two drafts this team could be elite for a good long while.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:52 AM   #16
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighMagic View Post

Hillman isn't worth a damn. He is small, slow and has no quickness. He broke a few last night because the Aints defense is awful.
Its like you people watch a different game.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #17
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Sick and tired of the fumbling.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:03 AM   #18
Drunken.Broncoholic

I used to love watching him run. But now I find myself looking for the ball to pop on on every single run. Almost expecting it to. But he does seem to bounce back after those fumbles and put up some good runs. It's just those fumbles are at the worst times. With manning the team can absorb those TOs. With another QB they wouldn't and McGahee would be taking heat
Old 10-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #19
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

The guy I was saying WOW about is Holiday. The kid is a natural returner. He has that little hesitation where is sees the field than he takes of but he is picking his lanes. He also brushed of a few arm tackles. He did bobble the ball on one return and that is a concern but I think we got a potential great returner in him and maybe more. He looks like a player to me.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #20
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighMagic View Post

Hillman is slow? Compared to what?
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #21
IBeWriteGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Hillman is slow? Compared to what?
Compared to most NFL RB's who weigh 185 soaking wet. Jamaal Charles, Darren Sproles, Reggie Bush, CJ Spiller are all the same size/bigger and more well built and much more explosive.

Those who compared him to Sproles coming out are retarded. Sproles was clearly on a different level in terms of speed and explosiveness last night, which was evident on the catch and run.

Hillman can play a role, but I'm not sure at this point he passes the eye test as an early 3rd round pick, "scat back." Not impressed with his speed, especially for his size. And he can't step out of a tackle to save his life. Doug Martin sure would be nice.

That said, he did have some nice runs last night, and I hope he proves me wrong.

Last edited by IBeWriteGood; 10-29-2012 at 09:41 AM..
Old 10-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #22
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

He plays hard but dang he needs to hold onto the ball!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #23
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Don't the Saints have the worst ranked rush defense in the entire NFL?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #24
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Don't the Saints have the worst ranked rush defense in the entire NFL?
Yes....

McGahee carved up the middle all night long with some nifty footwork on cutbacks. I think the fumbles are a product of the increased mental aspect to Mannings Offense.

Hillman doesn't quite get it yet. Saw him trying to bounce it too far to the outside on some runs instead of knowing when to turn it upfield.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #25
Mile High Salute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
He fumbles WAY too much…

Hillman looked great tonight...
All running backs are going to fumble occasionally. Over McGahee's 2109 career touches, he has 26 fumbles, or one fumble every 81 touches. Given about 20 touches/game, that's a fumble about every 4 games. I don't think that's unreasonably high. And if you look at McGahee, one of his best qualities is that he's tough inside, fights for extra yards, and always falls forward. He is usually fighting for extra yards whenever he fumbles, so you take the good with the bad. I would rather have that than a back with better ball security that runs into the pile every time for a yard or gets dropped for a loss all the time.

Hillman? He's a nice change of pace back, but nothing more at this point in his development. He needs to stop dancing around back there and just hit the hole hard. Also, his first instinct is to bounce it outside, which is great if it works, but as we saw last night, it's a lot harder for him now than it was in college. In the NFL, everybody has great speed in getting to the edge. You've gotta be able to get the tough yards inside if you wanna be a great NFL back.