The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 06:54 AM   #76
BroncoDoom
Solid Starter

Methwolfe Headwear Super Store

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ricky Nattiel

Not worried... I think both positions are a strength and judging by the response it seems no one "saw what you were seeing" either
BroncoDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #77
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Contender doesnt necessarily equal BY FAR BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE ZOMG. I don't know how you can look at our team right now and think we're not one of the AFC contenders.

Exactly. Heck we even played Atlanta and Houston pretty tough when we were still learning how to play together. The team is light years better that those early games. To say we are not in the mix for an AFC SB berth is silly
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #78
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

CUT THAT MEAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
I think you guys are pretty dumb.

I happen to agree that Hillman probably isn't ready, but even if you don't agree you guys are nuts. Do you think the Broncos are going to look at the film this week and be like WHELP GUYS I THINK THAT'S IT WE'RE PRETTY AWESOME LETS PACK IT IN AND JERK EACH OTHER OFF. A week ago most everyone here would have agreed that the LB corps isn't up to snuff.

There is always room for improvement, and improving matters more to good teams, not less. After TDs Peyton brings the offense together to review the drive and go over mistakes. According to you guys that would make him a terrible person, he should probably just sit down and work off the wood.
Yes because going over film and correcting mistakes is the same as trading for a bunch of new players mid season just when the team is starting to click.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #79
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Exactly. Heck we even played Atlanta and Houston pretty tough when we were still learning how to play together. The team is light years better that those early games. To say we are not in the mix for an AFC SB berth is silly

I agree with this but, I still think physical teams and the way NE plays exposes our weaknesses on our D the most.

Ok we are contender that could give team problems

A true contender though actually can beat every team in your conference home or away. We have made huge strides but, we need to prove we can beat the top tier teams so far we haven't. No mulligans in football.

Saying this I'm still thrilled how we are getting better and better its fun to watch. I wish we could start season over to see how we would do against NE ATL HOU now that we have gotten more reps with O. We are better on offense now.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 10-29-2012 at 09:56 AM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #80
fwf

We just saw what happens when the opposing defense stacks the middle knowing our RB lacks the speed to hit the edge.

I'm not a huge Hillman fan, but the coaches have to show different looks and not just run the god damn power every time. We cant throw a sweep or reverse in there?

Teams will watch this tape and know what they have to do. This will be our downfall if Hillman cant effectively spell McGahee. Willis is no longer a 20 carry back.

Its looking like that 3rd rounder for DeAngelo Williams was the right move. This is on Elway for not giving our 31 yr old back a better backup.

Im still not sold on Wesley either, but i'm getting there. Sick performance today by our defense. Props to Doom,Wolfe and the D-line for sure.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #81
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
We just saw what happens when the opposing defense stacks the middle knowing our RB lacks the speed to hit the edge.

I'm not a huge Hillman fan, but the coaches have to show different looks and not just run the god damn power every time. We cant throw a sweep or reverse in there?

Teams will watch this tape and know what they have to do. This will be our downfall if Hillman cant effectively spell McGahee. Willis is no longer a 20 carry back.

Its looking like that 3rd rounder for DeAngelo Williams was the right move. This is on Elway for not giving our 31 yr old back a better backup.

Im still not sold on Wesley either, but i'm getting there. Sick performance today by our defense. Props to Doom,Wolfe and the D-line for sure.
I don't know why everyone just assumes that because Hillman is "fast" that he can't run between the tackles. When I watched his highlights (after we drafted him), I was pretty surprised how much of his game was between the Tackles. He's a rookie, he's learning. I think he is coming along at the right time in the season to start making a difference.

I think he needs more carries before we even know what type of player he is.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #82
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Is someone going to flush this turd?
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #83
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post

I think he needs more carries before we even know what type of player he is.
Thats fair, but going by how little we saw Hillman today, id say the coaches werent that impressed with what he did last week in his first real audition. He needs to run harder
Old 11-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #84
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Thats fair, but going by how little we saw Hillman today, id say the coaches werent that impressed with what he did last week in his first real audition. He needs to run harder
I have absolutely no idea how you can reach that conclusion.

This was a strong front that runs out of a lot of different looks and generates a lot of pressure. Remember Hillman essentially missed all of training camp. I think they were worried about him in protection.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #85
Drunken.Broncoholic

So our RB lacks the speed to hit the edge, and you're calling for sweeps?
Old 11-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #86
swaiy

There are two things the Bengals are good at. Throwing the ball to Green no matter who is on him and stopping the run. Their DL is stout at stuffing the run so I dont know how people expected to run over them. All that matters is when yards were needed on critical runs, they got them.

Also, I thought Hillman looked good making that 1st down catch.

Last edited by swaiy; 11-04-2012 at 05:13 PM..
Old 11-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #87
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
So our RB lacks the speed to hit the edge, and you're calling for sweeps?
Its another look at me post trying to get attention.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #88
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Eh, Hillman is nothing special, not real impressive overall. Dude is about the size of Eddie Royal. He'll make some plays here and there but he has a long way to go to be an impact player.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #89
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Eh, Hillman is nothing special, not real impressive overall. Dude is about the size of Eddie Royal. He'll make some plays here and there but he has a long way to go to be an impact player.
You expect IMPACT in the third round?
Old 11-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #90
OrangeSe7en

I share a similar concern but I don't feel like it's an issue to the same degree as it was last year. This year, Manning can win games by passing. This, in theory, can lighten the load. It's not ideal because being balanced would be ideal. But relying on McGahee early has allowed Manning to get his legs under him after a long time out with his health problems. Manning seems to be progressing, although Id also be worried about over relying on Manning...just not as much as I was early in the season.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #91
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Yeah your right dude, our running game is fine. Willis is better then ever.
You're probably the guy that avoids the hurricane warnings and has to get rescued off your roof.
Our backs are sub par. There's really no denying it.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #92
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
And what do you want me to post? Just yay team! Go broncos. We're here to discuss
Old 11-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #93
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:

Wow you really just bumped your abortion of a thread. SMH
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #94
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
You're probably the guy that avoids the hurricane warnings and has to get rescued off your roof.
SUb par

Dude you are either a troll or full of Shiit. My vote is troll.

Over worked yes not sub par

Now go jump in the lake.......
Old 11-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #95
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
McGahee is working on his second 1,000 yard season while averaging more than 4 1/2 yards a carry.

Last edited by Lev Vyvanse; 11-04-2012 at 06:07 PM..
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #96
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
And what do you want me to post? Just yay team! Go broncos. We're here to discuss
I want you to gt banned, comeback like the biggest baby in OM history and troll the board..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #97
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
SUb par

Dude you are either a troll or full of Shiit. My vote is troll.

Over worked yes not sub par

Now go jump in the lake.......
There are about 20 other backfields I'd rather have them ours. That makes Willis and Hillman subpar partner
Old 11-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #98
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I like Magahee...but, I too think our depth at RB is weak. It only works if we are using the pass to set up the run. Otherwise, we are in trouble.

I'm a Wolfe fan here....but, wouldn't have b****ed if we would have taken Martin. I know there were a few of us that were lobby for him!

Personally, I think we could have gotten Wolfe where we took Osweiler...and Osweiler where we took Hillman.

The difference would have been Martin over Hillman.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #99
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
There are about 20 other backfields I'd rather have them ours. That makes Willis and Hillman subpar partner
Really?

Name them.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #100
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
I like Magahee...but, I too think our depth at RB is weak. It only works if we are using the pass to set up the run. Otherwise, we are in trouble.

I'm a Wolfe fan here....but, wouldn't have b****ed if we would have taken Martin. I know there were a few of us that were lobby for him!

Personally, I think we could have gotten Wolfe where we took Osweiler...and Osweiler where we took Hillman.

The difference would have been Martin over Hillman.
Man that would have been sweet!