The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #2101
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
You actually think Chris Bosh helped them win a championship this year. Whatever expertise you think you have on the subject, trust me, you don't.

Pau Gasol

I needed that chuckle.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #2102
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Lets hear more dissecting of the Heat since you know everything about them Agamenmon. Tell me more. I need a couple more laughs before I head out tonight.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #2103
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Take a good look at Greg Oden's knees. Your options are VERY limited considering you probably spend the exception on Birdman.
Also wanted to add Dalenbert could be an option if he's willing to come on lower money and go for a ring.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #2104
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I don't think bosh had anything to do with spurs missing 3 free throws in the final minute. Just one of those go in and everyone is talkin about how bosh got abused in the paint throughout the playoffs. One can argue he put them in position to win that game? That would be Lebron and Allen. You could say his rebounds were clutch? Only cause duncan was sitting.
It still blows my mind that Popp made that move.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #2105
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
It still blows my mind that Popp made that move.
I hope he takes some heat for that and letting ginobili handle the rock. Sometimes that FO treats him like he's God and can do no wrong. He pretty much controls the personnel decisions lately from what I've seen. Stephen Jackson was a solid contributer off the bench all season yet it was his decision to cut him. He would've provided a spark off the bench in these playoffs. Instead bonner stunk it up the whole year and in playoffs. Useless bum taking up a spot and Jackson's minutes. Another questioning move is not letting Blair do anything. Weird year for Pop.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #2106
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
I hope he takes some heat for that and letting ginobili handle the rock. Sometimes that FO treats him like he's God and can do no wrong. He pretty much controls the personnel decisions lately from what I've seen. Stephen Jackson was a solid contributer off the bench all season yet it was his decision to cut him. He would've provided a spark off the bench in these playoffs. Instead bonner stunk it up the whole year and in playoffs. Useless bum taking up a spot and Jackson's minutes. Another questioning move is not letting Blair do anything. Weird year for Pop.
Popps seemed to me to make some horrible decisions.
Sitting Parker, putting Ginobli on the court after making horrendous decisions, sitting Duncan, I mean crap. What the hell?
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #2107
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Popps seemed to me to make some horrible decisions.
Sitting Parker, putting Ginobli on the court after making horrendous decisions, sitting Duncan, I mean crap. What the hell?
I think they were gassed out. No energy left. They look like terrible decisions now because it didn't work out for the Spurs.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #2108
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Odd to dump someone before the playoffs start. Just odd. We will not know because maybe he was becoming a cancer in the locker room. Pop runs a tight ship. Spurs almost won a chip. Can't say it was a horrible move since they came so close.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #2109
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Tough for the Spurs to win against the Heat when guys like Battier and Chalmers are raining long distance 3's off the backboard.

Consistently playing defense 7 feet off Lebron won't help your chances either.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #2110
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Looking over the Heat roster.

Ray Ray needs to pick up his option. Rio will have his option picked up by the team. Birdman will hopefully pick up his option.

Hopefully the Heatles can run a C rotation of Dalembert/Oden/Anthony. PF of Bosh/UD/Birdman.

If the Heat can get a Dalembert to finally come down and play for a ring. Oden would be in an excellent situation to make a comeback. We can do this.

Wade needs a ton of rest on his knees, and hopefully no more surgery.

Dagger shooters in Miller/Battier will be back for spacing.

I like our chances for a 3peat! Oh yah!
Old 06-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #2111
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Odd to dump someone before the playoffs start. Just odd. We will not know because maybe he was becoming a cancer in the locker room. Pop runs a tight ship. Spurs almost won a chip. Can't say it was a horrible move since they came so close.
The story went that he refused to accept a diminished role and thought he shoujd be playing more than ginobili and green. Pop cut him then.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #2112
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Tough for the Spurs to win against the Heat when guys like Battier and Chalmers are raining long distance 3's off the backboard.

Consistently playing defense 7 feet off Lebron won't help your chances either.
It's pick your poison with Lebron. When he's playing like he did in game seven, good luck
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #2113
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
One could make a similar argument the other way with Danny Green. Without him playing way above his normal output are the Spurs even in the series?
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #2114
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
This is true. Miami got the outside shooting they needed, when they needed it. It's kind of admirable that San Antonio was even in it to the end like they were, given that Miami had the 3 going and considering how game 6 unfolded. And it wasn't like they got anything from Green or Neal in that last game either. I guess being aggressive helped SA since they shot well from the line.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #2115
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
I think they were gassed out. No energy left. They look like terrible decisions now because it didn't work out for the Spurs.
Sitting your best rebounding option in Duncan, when the Heat had Bosh out there anyways, was stupid. Helped the Heat gain 2 offensive rebounds that enabled them to come back and tie it in game 6.
And Ginobli was playing awful every game except game 5 basically.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #2116
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
It's pick your poison with Lebron. When he's playing like he did in game seven, good luck

Not even guarding the best player in the world is probably about the worst defensive plan I can think of.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #2117
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Rumor: Paul Pierce to Cavs for 2nd round picks #31 & #33

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/6/21...nd-picks-31-33

I doubt it happens, and he should retire a Celtic.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #2118
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Paul Pierce deserves better than to waste the rest of his career in ****ing Cleveland.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #2119
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
He's becoming a better jumpshooter and 3ball. Will need to continue his post work. He will need to continue to develop them as he ages.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #2120
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Paul Pierce deserves better than to waste the rest of his career in ****ing Cleveland.
Ill have to agree with this. He should come to Miami and backup the King if hes bought out. He only has a year left on his contract with a $5 million buyout.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #2121
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
The story went that he refused to accept a diminished role and thought he shoujd be playing more than ginobili and green. Pop cut him then.
It was Kawhi. At least that's what had been circulating through local SA media. After his kid died he kinda lost it. Was seeing less playing time and not taking it well. Kawhi was an easy target to vent his frustrations.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #2122
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
This is true. Miami got the outside shooting they needed, when they needed it. It's kind of admirable that San Antonio was even in it to the end like they were, given that Miami had the 3 going and considering how game 6 unfolded. And it wasn't like they got anything from Green or Neal in that last game either. I guess being aggressive helped SA since they shot well from the line.
The Heat rely on the 3 ball and it worked. drive and kick to the open 3 or rotate the ball for open 3. Battier was huge game 7 with the hot hand. He finally came alive.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #2123
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
It was Kawhi. At least that's what had been circulating through local SA media. After his kid died he kinda lost it. Was seeing less playing time and not taking it well. Kawhi was an easy target to vent his frustrations.
I wonder if he will be back.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #2124
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I wonder if he will be back.
They waived him after march 1 so he couldn't join a playoff roster. Apparantly 3 teams were interested the day he was waived. He'll for sure be on a team next year. Just not the spurs. He can just be a headache. Good on the court wild off. Losing his child during the season did something to his brain, and I don't blame him for that.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #2125
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Paul Pierce isn't going to Miami for ****.

I'd love to see him and Rivers go to LA and team up with CP3 and Griffin. Would be awesome to see.