The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #1976
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
Right, because nobody has won it yet. There are at least 60 min to go. And the outcome of Game 7 can't be blamed on coaching decisions in Game 6. A potential chance at clinching the series, yes, was lost. But the Heat (or Spurs) will have earned it if they come out on top in Game 7.

Plus you have to give some credit to Miami for, you know, taking advantage of Spurs mistakes and hitting two 3-pointers in the dying seconds. Hardly a case of passively standing by while SA gave them everything. When Dallas beat the Heat in 2011, the series swung on a huge 4th quarter comeback in Game 2. Was that a choke or a great comeback? In sports it's usually a bit of both.

Not sure how Game 1, 3 and 5 were more important than 2, 4, and 6? Seeing as they were all Finals games? And 6 was the only one so far with elimination potential? Both teams have risen up on different nights, both have obviously won important games given we're going 7.
It's pointless arguing with him. Last year, he said something to the effect of "lebron can thank James Jones for his championship." He hates him, and I'm not sure why. Maybe LeBron stole his girl or something.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #1977
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Just to hit on an earlier point, LeBron played 40 something minutes and seemed to be spending the entire night chasing around Tony Parker. Do you understand how exhausting that must have been? I don't know why people criticize his game, keep pushing the goal posts on him, and find every excuse to hate him even though he consistently puts up great numbers and plays beautiful basketball. He exists in this odd vacuum where every single one of his plays is scrutinized and his "legacy" is at stake every night even though he's already had a sensational career and is only 28. He has had the most pressure of any player in sports over the past three seasons (and maybe EVER in a career) and has handled himself incredibly well and has exceeded expectations time and time again.

The hate is exhausting, we should be celebrating this. I cant remember if people were as critical of Jordan, but they probably were at the same point in his career. I assume history will look back kindly on LeBron as well, even if he never approaches 6 championships.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #1978
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
It's pointless arguing with him. Last year, he said something to the effect of "lebron can thank James Jones for his championship." He hates him, and I'm not sure why. Maybe LeBron stole his girl or something.
I'm no Heat fan. I like the Bulls, so I love to see Miami lose. I get how LeBron has become a villain for a lot of people. But I find myself sometimes rooting for him just because the arguments against him get so so dumb. He's pretty clearly one of the best athletes we'll watch in our lifetimes. At some point you have to let go and try to enjoy it as a sports fan, even if you want to see him not cruise to 8 titles (or whatever silly post-Decision predictions he made) too easily.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #1979
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
I'm no Heat fan. I like the Bulls, so I love to see Miami lose. I get how LeBron has become a villain for a lot of people. But I find myself sometimes rooting for him just because the arguments against him get so so dumb. He's pretty clearly one of the best athletes we'll watch in our lifetimes. At some point you have to let go and try to enjoy it as a sports fan, even if you want to see him not cruise to 8 titles (or whatever silly post-Decision predictions he made) too easily.
Agreed. I'm a knicks fan, but find the anti-LeBron arguments absolutely retarded. If he's not perfect every night, he's ****. The expectations on him are insane.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #1980
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

his triple double was not triply-doubly enough
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #1981
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

The best way to stop LBJ, is bang his mom. Then he quits.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #1982
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
The best way to stop LBJ, is bang his mom. Then he quits.
Thats one of my favorite stories. That and the Peyton Hillis/McD's wife thing.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #1983
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Thats one of my favorite stories. That and the Peyton Hillis/McD's wife thing.
Oh West, I don't understand how teams don't sign him to F with James. If I was West I would let James know how much the "Chosen One" tore up his moms Va Jay Jay every minute I could during the game!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #1984
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Rumor Jazz are bringing back Jerry Sloan.

He is better than Ty Corbin but thank God I'm not a Jazz fan. They are a joke, primarily their management who just don't get it.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #1985
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

Quote:
Agreed. I'm a knicks fan, but find the anti-LeBron arguments absolutely retarded. If he's not perfect every night, he's ****. The expectations on him are insane.
Jeff VanGundy said it the best: "When Jordan didn't have a good game, the media would make it seem like he had a better game than he really did. When James has a good game, the media makes it seem he didn't have a good enough game. I have never seen the national media root against one individual to fail soo much."

Now, I'm not debating that he had a good or bad game. It just baffles me that people can't get over the hate and appreciate greatness.

Last edited by OrangeCrush2724; 06-19-2013 at 06:17 PM..
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #1986
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

i thought corbin did a fine job this season filling in...

Isn't Sloan like 100 years old>?
Old 06-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #1987
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

What's wrong with him, exactly? I think he's a phenomenal coach.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #1988
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
i thought corbin did a fine job this season filling in...

Isn't Sloan like 100 years old>?
Corbin sucks. That is the most boring team in the NBA. And it's because management has narrow vision. It's a "family" affair. No it's a business. Before Hornacek went to Phoenix there were rumors they might bring him in as coach. I don't even think Hornacek wanted the job.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #1989
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
What's wrong with him, exactly? I think he's a phenomenal coach.
Since Malone and Stockton left he did nothing phenomenal with the team. But I will say he'd be an improvement over Corbin.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:15 AM   #1990
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
The hate is exhausting...
It is ridiculous. Charles Barkley had a lengthy call in on a Philly sports radio show I listen to yesterday afternoon. He said LeBron haters are idiots. Said he's a great player, best in the game, and a good guy. About the only remotely negative thing he said is that he doesn't have an "aggressive personality" the way some guys like Jordan and Kobe have. And he said the most underappreciated part of his game is his defense. Every series he totally knocks the guy he covers off his game. And he does everything. Scores, rebounds, assists, defends.

Barkley predicted the Heat will win by 20+ tonight. Said the Heat are the better team, will be hard for the Spurs to recover from that loss, and that Duncan likely used up most of what he had in that last game. But, he added that if Popovich can get them off the mat and get them to win that game it will be one of the greatest coaching achievements he's ever seen.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #1991
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post

Barkley predicted the Heat will win by 20+ tonight.
I said they'll win by 10-20 and agameman assumed I'm on crack. Looks like there's a crack shortage cause pretty I've seen a lot of 10-20 win heat predictions.

Game 7 on the road after falling on your face equals a loss by the road team and easy win by the home team.

Ginobili will be throwing it away several times tonight. Can't win like that.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #1992
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I said they'll win by 10-20 and agameman assumed I'm on crack. Looks like there's a crack shortage cause pretty I've seen a lot of 10-20 win heat predictions.

Game 7 on the road after falling on your face equals a loss by the road team and easy win by the home team.

Ginobili will be throwing it away several times tonight. Can't win like that.
I think if any team is equipped to come back from that kind of loss, its SA. I dont see them folding. They are professionals.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #1993
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I think if any team is equipped to come back from that kind of loss, its SA. I dont see them folding. They are professionals.
They'll have to play a perfect game all around. Turnovers go into the high teens its over. I didnt expect a team like SA and its coaching to fold in that entire 4th quarter but they did. They cannot have a lineup like they put on the floor to open the 4th quarter that game. We'll see
Old 06-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #1994
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Miami blowout coming 25 pt victory
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #1995
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Corbin sucks. That is the most boring team in the NBA. And it's because management has narrow vision. It's a "family" affair. No it's a business. Before Hornacek went to Phoenix there were rumors they might bring him in as coach. I don't even think Hornacek wanted the job.
with the players they have it is designed as a boring team. Corbin is not the reason for that.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #1996
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
with the players they have it is designed as a boring team. Corbin is not the reason for that.
You are absolutely right, designed by the muddled mess they call management/ownership. But Corbin does suck. And Jerry Sloan is not coming back as coach. He's and "advisor". Ty can call him up and get advice. Call him Ty, you got nothing to lose, except another game.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #1997
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think it'll be close for most of the game, but the Heat will pull away at the end and win by 10-15 points.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #1998
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

doubt this one is another blowout.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #1999
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Since Malone and Stockton left he did nothing phenomenal with the team. But I will say he'd be an improvement over Corbin.
Fair point. When he was at the helm Utah was always tough. IDK, I'd take him I think.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #2000
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

My best friend flew into Miami this morning for a wedding this weekend. I can't imagine how crazy Miami will be if the Heat win tonight.

If they lose there will probably still be massive parties anyway. It's Miami. Jealous he's around all the fine ass women on the beach.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote