The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #1951
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
5 pts with 30 seconds? Seems early to me. Odds were long for sure, but you see it happen often enough. Anyway, I guess they paid the price, ha.

To be fair and balanced, here's another Deadspin post showing some pretty cool photos of the Ray Allen shot. I always love looking at the freeze frames of faces in the crowd as they watch a big shot:

http://deadspin.com/ray-allens-shot-...ium=socialflow

The Ray Allen pick up sure looks like a terrific move now. Watching him shoot those three pointers is great. I love the spot three shooters. Like Kerr, Ellis and Miller.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #1952
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
The Ray Allen pick up sure looks like a terrific move now. Watching him shoot those three pointers is great. I love the spot three shooters. Like Kerr, Ellis and Miller.
He got labeled "traitor" by a few for leaving the Celtics for their rival, but it looks like he just saw the writing on the wall in terms of how things have fallen apart in Boston. Maybe Welker had similar premonitions of his former Boston team?
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #1953
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
He got labeled "traitor" by a few for leaving the Celtics for their rival, but it looks like he just saw the writing on the wall in terms of how things have fallen apart in Boston. Maybe Welker had similar premonitions of his former Boston team?
Not to mention, he was the subject of trade rumors in Boston too. Hardly like they were begging the guy to stay.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #1954
Bacchus

Wow, I was convinced this was a foul but this reply makes it look like a stuff. There is some body contact but I don't fault the refs for not calling it.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #1955
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

Wow, I was convinced this was a foul but this reply makes it look like a stuff. There is some body contact but I don't fault the refs for not calling it.
If they called a foul on that, the internet would have blown up. Literally.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #1956
Drunken.Broncoholic

That's not a foul.

That attempt shouldn't have existed. This game reminds me of our ravens game
Old 06-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #1957
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
That's not a foul.

That attempt shouldn't have existed. This game reminds me of our ravens game
Eh, mildly. We were a better team than Baltimore. There's no question we should have won that game. Most were picking the heat to win game 6, no shame in that spurs loss
Old 06-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #1958
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Eh, mildly. We were a better team than Baltimore. There's no question we should have won that game. Most were picking the heat to win game 6, no shame in that spurs loss
I think it's a little more comparable for me cause I'm spurs fan. People that aren't don't feel the sting. Whether its a 5 point lead with seconds left blown or a 7 point lead with seconds left blown. This is a little harder to swallow cause one was just a playoff win, while the other determined a championship lost.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #1959
Bacchus

Quote:
I think it's a little more comparable for me cause I'm spurs fan. People that aren't don't feel the sting. Whether its a 5 point lead with seconds left blown or a 7 point lead with seconds left blown. This is a little harder to swallow cause one was just a playoff win, while the other determined a championship lost.
Yeah, this is a terrible loss for Spurs fans. The game was won and your team laid down like a $2 whore.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #1960
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Yeah, this is a terrible loss for Spurs fans. The game was won and your team laid down like a $2 whore.
Yep. Pretty much. I did expect a loss though since the heat always win after a loss. But when the door was open for it the spurs fell on their face. I cannot believe pop went that lineup to start the 4th. That's where the big lead evaporated.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #1961
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

In other news, Poppovich brought this football machine to the gym for practice today. He told Ginobli to dribble through it several times without losing the ball because the refs obviously won't call a foul on him being mugged down the lane like last night.

KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #1962
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
In other news, Poppovich brought this football machine to the gym for practice today. He told Ginobli to dribble through it several times without losing the ball because the refs obviously won't call a foul on him being mugged down the lane like last night.

Cry more about it.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #1963
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:

Tell him to stop traveling.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #1964
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Cry more about it.
I love how the there is a ref conspiracy deciding the game, but no mention of that phantom call on LeBron (on the Leonard breakaway) in the opening minutes of the game. I'm thinking that if they're trying to give the game to the Heat they're not making that call on LeBron.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #1965
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

ginobli is a turnover machine - i would not trust him in a game 7
ludo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #1966
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Refs didn't decide this series. And the Heat didn't win this series.

The Spurs lost it. The minute Pop sat Duncan you knew something bad would happen.
Spurs won every important game and had this one won, but they gave it away.
There is no question that they outplayed the Heat last night until the final minutes, which is inexcusable.

Pop's coaching mistake might beat Fox's stupid mistake for coaching blunder of the year.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #1967
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

The Spurs lost it. The minute Pop sat Duncan you knew something bad would happen.
There is no question that they outplayed the Heat last night until the final minutes, which is inexcusable.

Pop's coaching mistake might beat Fox's stupid mistake for coaching blunder of the year.
The inbound pass to Kawhi hurt. All playoffs he's been missing the first making the 2nd. You put your best free throw shooters on the floor after that timeout.

Road team hasn't won a game 7 in decades. Not saying its over but it's about as close to over as you can get. If spurs win they'll do something that great teams over decades of ball did not do. Don't see that happening when you got ginobili out there ****ing up every possesion with his stupid passing.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #1968
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The inbound pass to Kawhi hurt. All playoffs he's been missing the first making the 2nd. You put your best free throw shooters on the floor after that timeout.

Road team hasn't won a game 7 in decades. Not saying its over but it's about as close to over as you can get. If spurs win they'll do something that great teams over decades of ball did not do. Don't see that happening when you got ginobili out there ****ing up every possesion with his stupid passing.
I agree. If I'm Pop I play Green and Neal way more than Ginobli tomorrow. I just don't trust him at this point.

I don't think you can expect Duncan to play as well as he did last night either.

I'd say there is about a 25% chance the Spurs win tomorrow. Miami has the momentum, history and home court on their side.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #1969
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

Why does it pain you to give Lebron any credit?
Old 06-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #1970
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Why does it pain you to give Lebron any credit?
He was playing terrible until the final minutes. He shot 30% most of the game and most of his success at the end was because Ginobli kept turning it over and giving them the fast break points.

I don't think he deserved THAT much credit last night, especially since the spurs blew it.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #1971
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
I'm a Celtics fan and I never felt that way about Ray. I never feel that way about any player moving. It's a game, it's their lives, it's a business. Plus, I love Ray Allen. Boston did better this year than I thought they would, but yes, the writing is on the wall.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #1972
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Well at least it's going 7 games. After that there is nothing till end of July. Please don't mention baseball because how long does it take to check a score or standings. Oh I hate this time of year!
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #1973
Johnykbr

Quote:

He hit him with his body first before he touched the ball. That is a textbook foul. However, you would have to be on the sideline or corner to see it.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #1974
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:

Right, because nobody has won it yet. There are at least 60 min to go. And the outcome of Game 7 can't be blamed on coaching decisions in Game 6. A potential chance at clinching the series, yes, was lost. But the Heat (or Spurs) will have earned it if they come out on top in Game 7.

Plus you have to give some credit to Miami for, you know, taking advantage of Spurs mistakes and hitting two 3-pointers in the dying seconds. Hardly a case of passively standing by while SA gave them everything. When Dallas beat the Heat in 2011, the series swung on a huge 4th quarter comeback in Game 2. Was that a choke or a great comeback? In sports it's usually a bit of both.

Quote:
Not sure how Game 1, 3 and 5 were more important than 2, 4, and 6? Seeing as they were all Finals games? And 6 was the only one so far with elimination potential? Both teams have risen up on different nights, both have obviously won important games given we're going 7.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #1975
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
He was playing terrible until the final minutes. He shot 30% most of the game and most of his success at the end was because Ginobli kept turning it over and giving them the fast break points.

I don't think he deserved THAT much credit last night, especially since the spurs blew it.
What was his final line? 32-11-10? Something like that? And all 16 of his 4th quarter points were off Ginobili turnovers? I'm sorry, you must have missed him abusing Diaw in the post, ducking under Duncan for lay-ups, chasing Tony Parker EVERYWHERE (by the way, he didnt exactly play well), rejecting the **** outta duncan, finding the open man as always, and oh yeah, hitting that three at the end.

How high has the bar been set for him? Yeah, no credit. He's ****ing terrible.

You're an idiot.

Last edited by SonOfLe-loLang; 06-19-2013 at 03:31 PM..