The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #1926
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Lots of luv CB1
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #1927
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

****ing earned it. ****ing earned it.

Last edited by maven; 06-18-2013 at 11:54 PM..
Old 06-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #1928
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
I hate NBA officiating. A foul is a foul. If you body check a guy while shooting, it is a foul. B.S. to say "You don't call that" If you don't call it, never call it. If you are going to let guys play, let em play the whole game.

Nothing pisses me off more than the refs implementing some unwritten rule that sways the outcome of a game. Is it OK to make a call outside of 5 seconds to go? If not, when is it OK.

So annoying. It is what drove me nuts about our playoff loss to the Ravens too.
What the hell are you talking about. I've seen many calls made in the final seconds of a game. If it's blatent, they usually call it. If it's ticky tack, they usually don't. The point being, they don't want to reward a team with a possible win on a ticky tack foul. They'd rather the players decide the outcome. The Bosh block was a pretty good block. There is no way in hell that was a blatent call. That's a call that could go either way. The hand on the ball was clean. There was a little body contact but it wasn't that big and Bosh still would have blocked it even with no body contact. And the Ginobli drive at the end, that's never going to be called. You see that play a million time during the course of a game and it could be called and it might not get called. Depends on the angle the ref had. And it's not like that was some atrocious foul either. He got the ball first and then came across the arm a little bit.

I don't think either team will blow out the other next game. I think it will be very much like game 6. Stakes are too high. Both teams will show up.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #1929
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Game 7

This is it
Old 06-19-2013, 12:40 AM   #1930
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I predict the Spurs will win it this year. But I think the Heat will win it in 2014.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:39 AM   #1931
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

From Adam Schefter of all people:

Looking ahead to Thursday, it has been 35 years since road team won Game 7 in NBA Finals (Bullets beat SuperSonics in 1978).
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #1932
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

You know noothin

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
I hate NBA officiating. A foul is a foul. If you body check a guy while shooting, it is a foul. B.S. to say "You don't call that" If you don't call it, never call it. If you are going to let guys play, let em play the whole game.

Nothing pisses me off more than the refs implementing some unwritten rule that sways the outcome of a game. Is it OK to make a call outside of 5 seconds to go? If not, when is it OK.

So annoying. It is what drove me nuts about our playoff loss to the Ravens too.
Kind of like that Manu elbow to Lebron's throat and the announcer says "thats a flagrant 1 in the regular season, but not in the Finals"
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #1933
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
History doesn't mean ****. The Spurs and the Heat will determine their fate Thursday night.
ok bieber
Old 06-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #1934
Drunken.Broncoholic

I think I'm the only spurs fan on this site. The last 2 attempts shouldn't have been called fouls. Those are pretty much no calls. Spurs just blew it.

This is the 2nd time this year my team has had a monumental collapse by players and coaches in postseason. First was broncos ravens, now this.

There's a reason teams don't win game 7s on the road. Spurs lost this series in the last 20 seconds of the 4th quarter. Kawhi will have nightmares about that missed free throw.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #1935
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Balky needs to hang them up. The only thing more glaring than the drop in his game is that bald spot.
Manu sucked all night long he was the Heats leading assist man for sure with those Terrible wild passes right to Heat players . Must have had 10 TO by himself before it was over. Then that mind fart at the end with a 1point deficient and 10.2 on the clock and TP still stuck on the bench he races the full length of the court trying only to force a foul while traveling a mile! All he had to do was call TO immediately save the time , let everyone regroup and bring TP back in and run a damn high percentage play from half court!!! Then you go for two or a foul...

The key thing now may be whether Smiami has it in them to deliver another balls to the walls performance Thursday? The Spurs have pretty much had their number the last two games were it not for the cold 3 shooting and The bad case of Manu's revenge last night they would and should be Champions now.

The Spurs are a vet enough team to shake this off knowing they damn well lost this and were not outplayed
... A fact Miami knows as well. It could be a Spurs blow out in game 7... We'll see soon enough.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #1936
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I think I'm the only spurs fan on this site. The last 2 attempts shouldn't have been called fouls. Those are pretty much no calls. Spurs just blew it.

This is the 2nd time this year my team has had a monumental collapse by players and coaches in postseason. First was broncos ravens, now this.

There's a reason teams don't win game 7s on the road. Spurs lost this series in the last 20 seconds of the 4th quarter. Kawhi will have nightmares about that missed free throw.
I disagree, Ray Allen fouled. There was just so much contact I guess the refs did not want the game to end that way but it was a foul. IMO
Old 06-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #1937
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
Manu... Must have had 10 TO by himself before it was over.
Officially 8. But the Heat actually had more team turnovers, 15 vs. the Spurs 13.

The Heat also had more fouls called against them, 26-21, so those blaming the officiating need to just stop. The biggest thing I think is mostly that the Spurs didn't shoot as well as they have most of the series.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #1938
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
From Adam Schefter of all people:

Looking ahead to Thursday, it has been 35 years since road team won Game 7 in NBA Finals (Bullets beat SuperSonics in 1978).
Did GK coach the losing team
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #1939
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I expect a Miami blowout but, imo the only way Spurs win is if Manu has his best game of the series. He hasn't done much they need more scoring from him and less turnovers.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #1940
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Officially 8. But the Heat actually had more team turnovers, 15 vs. the Spurs 13.

The Heat also had more fouls called against them, 26-21, so those blaming the officiating need to just stop. The biggest thing I think is mostly that the Spurs didn't shoot as well as they have most of the series.
Spurs were shooting at a 60% clip till the 4th. Everyone is looking at what went wrong for the spurs. Sure ginobili stunk it up and ray Allen made the 3. But what lost the game was in bounding the ball to Kawhi and him missing that free throw. That shot goes in there's no controversy about duncan being on the bench. It's a 4 point game.

One missed free throw decided who wins this trophy.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #1941
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

It's a shame that one of the most entertaining performances between several of this generation's greatest players was wasted on a fanbase of fair-weather yacht clubbers.

http://deadspin.com/hundreds-of-heat...laug-514254371

Can you imagine a single other NBA arena in America where hundreds of people leave a ****ing Finals game with 30 seconds left, "their" team (which includes the best player in the world) with the ball...and then beating down the doors trying to get in once they found out it went to OT. Front running personified.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #1942
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I disagree, Ray Allen fouled. There was just so much contact I guess the refs did not want the game to end that way but it was a foul. IMO
On Manu? If anything that was a travel
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #1943
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Spurs were shooting at a 60% clip till the 4th. Everyone is looking at what went wrong for the spurs. Sure ginobili stunk it up and ray Allen made the 3. But what lost the game was in bounding the ball to Kawhi and him missing that free throw. That shot goes in there's no controversy about duncan being on the bench. It's a 4 point game.

One missed free throw decided who wins this trophy.
It was kind of a Murphy's Law last 30 seconds for the Spurs. But they played hard, sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way. But Miami fought back too, LeBron was a champion in the 4th quarter, ray hit a big three. They got a little luck, but it was a pretty awesome game of basketball all around. A classic.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #1944
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
It was kind of a Murphy's Law last 30 seconds for the Spurs. But they played hard, sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way. But Miami fought back too, LeBron was a champion in the 4th quarter, ray hit a big three. They got a little luck, but it was a pretty awesome game of basketball all around. A classic.
It is a game of bounces. But if that Kawhi free throw goes in. They aren't talking about how great Lebron was. They'd be talking about his missed shots during the game, his out of bounds play that was reviewed and the big turnover in the final minutes.

I credit the heat with pressuring the spurs at the end. Spurs crumbled under pressure and the heat rose to the occasion.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #1945
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
LeBron was a champion in the 4th quarter...
Yup. 16 points. The haters will have to wait at least another couple of days to talk about how much he sucks.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #1946
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
It is a game of bounces. But if that Kawhi free throw goes in. They aren't talking about how great Lebron was. They'd be talking about his missed shots during the game, his out of bounds play that was reviewed and the big turnover in the final minutes.

I credit the heat with pressuring the spurs at the end. Spurs crumbled under pressure and the heat rose to the occasion.
Sure, but you can point to tons of those moments in any sporting event. Its a mixture of both; i think to say that was simply a spurs collapse isn't quite fair to a pretty great Miami effort and another signiture LeBron moment that his detractors will conveniently forget the next time he doesn't come through in the big moment.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #1947
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yup. 16 points. The haters will have to wait at least another couple of days to talk about how much he sucks.
I bet if IAOFM wrote an article about LBJ your dick would explode.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #1948
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I bet if IAOFM wrote an article about LBJ your dick would explode.
I'm the angry one here!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #1949
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
It's a shame that one of the most entertaining performances between several of this generation's greatest players was wasted on a fanbase of fair-weather yacht clubbers.

http://deadspin.com/hundreds-of-heat...laug-514254371

Can you imagine a single other NBA arena in America where hundreds of people leave a ****ing Finals game with 30 seconds left, "their" team (which includes the best player in the world) with the ball...and then beating down the doors trying to get in once they found out it went to OT. Front running personified.

That happens everywhere and to be fair the Heat had lost the game. It must have been terribly depressing for the fans. I remember seeing thousands of fans streaming out of Mile High in a 1992 game against KC.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #1950
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
That happens everywhere and to be fair the Heat had lost the game. It must have been terribly depressing for the fans. I remember seeing thousands of fans streaming out of Mile High in a 1992 game against KC.
5 pts with 30 seconds? Seems early to me. Odds were long for sure, but you see it happen often enough. Anyway, I guess they paid the price, ha.

To be fair and balanced, here's another Deadspin post showing some pretty cool photos of the Ray Allen shot. I always love looking at the freeze frames of faces in the crowd as they watch a big shot:

http://deadspin.com/ray-allens-shot-...ium=socialflow

Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote