The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #1751
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
they take it that way because all of them admitted that they felt that way and thought it would happen.

three straight finals, 1 ring so far. Spurs way, 5 finals, 4 rings so far.
Again, you're not making sense. No one is saying the Spurs is the "wrong way," obviously they are great. But guess what? There are several other teams in the NBA (the vast majority) that don't sniff a title. Miami, constructing their team to have the cap space to land those three guys in 2010, also clearly built their team "the right way."

Again, this "sports moralism" about how to build a team, like there's some sort of inherent good in getting lucky in the draft (the Spurs, after all, did land the number one pick to get Duncan) is ridiculous. Just ****in' get over it.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #1752
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Again, you're not making sense. No one is saying the Spurs is the "wrong way," obviously they are great. But guess what? There are several other teams in the NBA (the vast majority) that don't sniff a title. Miami, constructing their team to have the cap space to land those three guys in 2010, also clearly built their team "the right way."

Again, this "sports moralism" about how to build a team, like there's some sort of inherent good in getting lucky in the draft (the Spurs, after all, did land the number one pick to get Duncan) is ridiculous. Just ****in' get over it.
I think it just goes back to Lebron leaving Cleveland. I've heard people say it wouldve been more respected if he won 1 ring in Cleveland as oppose to 3 in Miami. Win a ring with the team that drafted you. Magic did it. Bird did it. Kobe. Duncan. Jordan. Etc etc. instead of moving on to a team that's better. But IMO that has to do with having great FOs as well as being a great player. I'm not sure Cleveland's FO at the time would be considered great like the players I mentioned FOs
Old 06-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #1753
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Someone last year had a meltdown when Lebron finally got his ring and said his championship would have an asterisk next to it because he needed great players. I get why people are mad about HOW he left Cleveland, but the why is one of more noble reasons I've seen in sports. I mean taking less money to be on a championship team? Good for them.

And anyone that thinks Lebron's ring is tainted has to think Elway's ring is tainted because he didn't win one until he got TD.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:37 AM   #1754
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Someone last year had a meltdown when Lebron finally got his ring and said his championship would have an asterisk next to it because he needed great players. I get why people are mad about HOW he left Cleveland, but the why is one of more noble reasons I've seen in sports. I mean taking less money to be on a championship team? Good for them.

And anyone that thinks Lebron's ring is tainted has to think Elway's ring is tainted because he didn't win one until he got TD.
Spurs 99 ring is tainted because of a shortened season. It was a shortened season last year I haven't seen Phil Jackson throwing any asterisks at them.

Not sure you can compare Elway though. He won it with the team who he had been with his entire career. If he had left the broncos to play for a stacked team and won it what would he look like?

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 06-18-2013 at 08:41 AM..
Old 06-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #1755
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I think it just goes back to Lebron leaving Cleveland. I've heard people say it wouldve been more respected if he won 1 ring in Cleveland as oppose to 3 in Miami. Win a ring with the team that drafted you. Magic did it. Bird did it. Kobe. Duncan. Jordan. Etc etc. instead of moving on to a team that's better. But IMO that has to do with having great FOs as well as being a great player. I'm not sure Cleveland's FO at the time would be considered great like the players I mentioned FOs
I'm a Cavs fan and I don't want him or his "fans" back. Sure there is a great chance he could bring a ring to Cleveland finally, but it's not worth it.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #1756
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I've read that the Cavs rejected a trade that would send them Marion and the 13th pick for Cavs 31, 33 and a future pick. Thoughts on that?
Old 06-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #1757
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #1758
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:

if they had built themselves through draft or through trades no one would care.
but to hold the league hostage and stall FA for every team while you try to figure out how to get everyone to Miami is BS.

you can call it whatever you want to or so get over it but what they did was complete horse**** and you know it.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #1759
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Not sure you can compare Elway though. He won it with the team who he had been with his entire career. If he had left the broncos to play for a stacked team and won it what would he look like?
Still awesome?

Was Neil Smith a sellout? In KC, maybe...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #1760
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Still awesome?

Was Neil Smith a sellout? In KC, maybe...
I would think he was. But the general public wouldve thought "ya but he couldn't get it done in Denver". Doesn't make it right though.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #1761
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

A pair of LeBron James-brand Nikes are already calling him a ’2-Time Champion’

Nike has created a pair of low-top sneakers for LeBron that actually say “2-Time Champion” on right heel insert and “11-12 12-13” (referring to the seasons that LeBron’s Heat would presumably take the title) on the left insert. It’s a pretty audacious and bodacious claim, what with Miami currently down 3-2 to the San Antonio Spurs prior to Tuesday’s Game 6.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...161113547.html
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #1762
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

Nike has created a pair of low-top sneakers for LeBron that actually say “2-Time Champion” on right heel insert and “11-12 12-13” (referring to the seasons that LeBron’s Heat would presumably take the title) on the left insert. It’s a pretty audacious and bodacious claim, what with Miami currently down 3-2 to the San Antonio Spurs prior to Tuesday’s Game 6.

If spurs win those wont end up in Africa. They'll be highly sought after.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #1763
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
If spurs win those wont end up in Africa. They'll be highly sought after.
they will be collectors items. especially if he never wins the 2nd title.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #1764
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I've read that the Cavs rejected a trade that would send them Marion and the 13th pick for Cavs 31, 33 and a future pick. Thoughts on that?
I'd reject that too...what good what that do them?

I know you have mixed feeling towards LeBron, but if he wanted to come back, you wouldn't want him Really?
Old 06-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #1765
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
if they had built themselves through draft or through trades no one would care.
but to hold the league hostage and stall FA for every team while you try to figure out how to get everyone to Miami is BS.

you can call it whatever you want to or so get over it but what they did was complete horse**** and you know it.
Nope, i just don't agree with you. Sorry.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #1766
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I'd reject that too...what good what that do them?

I know you have mixed feeling towards LeBron, but if he wanted to come back, you wouldn't want him Really?
Marion will be off the books after this season. Cavs need a SF pretty bad, so you can draft Porter or sign a guy for a season then hope LBJ comes back. If you draft a SF first overall you are pretty much saying no to James coming back. And yes I don't want James back. despite what people think the Cavs did everything they could to please James and he still left.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #1767
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Marion will be off the books after this season. Cavs need a SF pretty bad, so you can draft Porter or sign a guy for a season then hope LBJ comes back. If you draft a SF first overall you are pretty much saying no to James coming back. And yes I don't want James back. despite what people think the Cavs did everything they could to please James and he still left.
That's not true...James can play a stretch four. He just needs good players around him no matter who the player. He's adaptable. Who do you wanna see with the overall pick?

The Cavs did everything they could, true, but they couldn't get the proper team around him. They just didnt have the flexibility at the time. I think it'd be an awesome story for him to come back and win clevelands first championship since god knows when. (the last time the browns won one?)
Old 06-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #1768
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I'm reading that the Cavs might select Alex Len number one. So they will have that whole at SF still. So maybe they make the trade for Marion and the 13th pick or they find away to get Granger from the Pacers. I have heard Paul Pierce
name kicked around as a guy the Cavs could try and get. I would hate to see him leave the Celtics though.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #1769
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
That's not true...James can play a stretch four. He just needs good players around him no matter who the player. He's adaptable. Who do you wanna see with the overall pick?

The Cavs did everything they could, true, but they couldn't get the proper team around him. They just didnt have the flexibility at the time. I think it'd be an awesome story for him to come back and win clevelands first championship since god knows when. (the last time the browns won one?)
Otto Porter with the first pick. Maybe Kelly Olynyk at 19? I think Porter is the best player in the draft. Olynyk fills a need, and he is a scorer. Andy could start the year at C and let Olynyk work his way into the line up. Ship Andy at the trade deadline.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #1770
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Otto Porter with the first pick. Maybe Kelly Olynyk at 19? I think Porter is the best player in the draft. Olynyk fills a need, and he is a scorer. Andy could start the year at C and let Olynyk work his way into the line up. Ship Andy at the trade deadline.
That sounds alright to me. I've never seen Alex Len play, but that just sounds like a **** idea.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #1771
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
That sounds alright to me. I've never seen Alex Len play, but that just sounds like a **** idea.
Either have I, though what I have read he is better on offense then Noel.

It really makes no sense to draft Noel when Cavs need more scoring. You get that with Porter and Olynyk. Plus you can still use Andy (better D) as the C and run Olynyk at PF at times. That is just my two cents. Even if James cameback as you said you can run him at PF with this line up,
PG Irving
SG Waiters
SF Porter
PF James
C Varejao or Olynyk
Old 06-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #1772
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

Those shoes are Fugly
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #1773
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Either have I, though what I have read he is better on offense then Noel.

It really makes no sense to draft Noel when Cavs need more scoring. You get that with Porter and Olynyk. Plus you can still use Andy (better D) as the C and run Olynyk at PF at times. That is just my two cents. Even if James cameback as you said you can run him at PF with this line up,
PG Irving
SG Waiters
SF Porter
PF James
C Varejao or Olynyk
I originally heard rumors they could move the pick for Kevin Love, but dunno whatever happened with that. THAT would be sweet though.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #1774
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I was just in Dallas last weekend and the word down there is that Mark Cuban is going to go HARD after both CP3 and Howard.

He's pulling all the stops. Literally everything.

CP3, Dirk and Howard would be a pretty interesting 3.
KCStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #1775
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I was just in Dallas last weekend and the word down there is that Mark Cuban is going to go HARD after both CP3 and Howard.

He's pulling all the stops. Literally everything.

CP3, Dirk and Howard would be a pretty interesting 3.
I wonder how Howard would get along with CP3. On paper seems like it should work, but Howard appears to be one stubborn ahole