The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #1676
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Nope they are generalizing the entire team. Some of them had no clue who Kawhi even was, let alone only 21. Ginobili is looking his age. Parker is only 30. Don't know how that's considered old. Duncan plays better than most 25 year old forwards so again don't know how that computes. Duncan at 25 didnt have an outside shot or free throw consistency. I'd take duncan today over duncan yesterday.
i'd still take the 08-11 Duncan over the current one. he's on his last leg and fading. he's still better than most PF's in the league because they're only good at one thing.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #1677
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Why not? I'm not talking mid 2000s He's producing/playing better than he did in 2008-11. His weight is down and He played really great last year. It's amazing to see him go from low 60s free throws to into the 80s and consistently hit the top of the key jumper. Before it was just low post. For a while there his body showed signs of cracking. Knees. Feet. He's leaner and faster than through 09-11
I like Duncan. Always have, always will. Loved his game. Master of the glass shot. This is his best chance to secure another ring with the series tied 2-2 right now. Good move on him trimming weight, because well you have to. I play pick up ball a lot, and as you age it hurts more and more the next day/days. Playing full court/half court is rough on your body. He's slowed down a lot, kinda tough watching him out there at times, but I feel him. He's giving it his all.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #1678
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
A Nuggets fan talking smack about chances to win a ring? I've heard it all now.

Try getting your first conference title for crying out loud. The Thunder aren't even 8 years in the NBA and we already have one.

KD is very young and will get his ring in due time. Can't say the same about the Nuggets.
Damn you're just dumb. Do you even follow this thread at all or just write dumb ****?

Never assume a guy will eventually get a ring/rings. KD could blow his knee and never be the same. The time is now.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #1679
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
No even more laughably, he said it was James Jones!
James Jones? .........

Old 06-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #1680
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush2724 View Post
Yes, most fans have jumped on the band wagon. A lot of non basketball fans have started rooting for the heat, just bc of the US vs the world hype.
Yep. They are the "in" team right now. There's going to be lots on the bandwagon train. 3 years straight in the finals with superstar players will do that.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #1681
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Coward.
Damn, you just...

Old 06-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #1682
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Damn you're just dumb. Do you even follow this thread at all or just write dumb ****?

Never assume a guy will eventually get a ring/rings. KD could blow his knee and never be the same. The time is now.
KD is 24 ****ing years old moron. He's got about a decade of elite play left.

And anyone can blow their knew out at anytime.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #1683
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
I was surprised Hollins is out in Memphis. Lot of coaching opportunities out there. I want to see who lands with clippers
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush2724 View Post
Doc Rivers might be leaving Boston...
Guy doesn't want to rebuild, and knows his roster needs a huge overhaul. I believe Pierce will be bought out, KG traded, and then full on tank mode.

Rivers to the Clips? If there's long term commitment in LA to win(organization) I could see this. And I could see KG going there.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #1684
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
KD is 24 ****ing years old moron. He's got about a decade of elite play left.

And anyone can blow their knew out at anytime.
No ****? I did not know this....And here's more............

He had an excellent opportunity to win last year and didn't. He may never get there again.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #1685
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
The spurs will hit a wall if Parker isn't up to par. MRI showed just a mild strain. Hamstrings are no good and can ruin this series for spurs.
I remember watching game 4 and thinking wait until 2nd half for Parker. Yep, it tanked him. Now with two full days off and the game Sunday night. We'll see how Parker plays in the 2nd half again. Not the 1st, watch how he plays in the 2nd half. It will tell you how bad/good that hammy is.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #1686
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I wonder where George Karl will end up...
First thing he does is trade for a point guard and run a two point guard backcourt. I bet he's drooling over the Clips job if Paul stays with Billups/Bledsoe.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #1687
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Two crafty vets in ginoboli/allen

Old 06-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #1688
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No ****? I did not know this....And here's more............

He had an excellent opportunity to win last year and didn't. He may never get there again.
I highly doubt that.

The only team that could beat the Thunder in the West at this point is the Spurs, and this is their last run.

They're lucky to even be in the Finals right now. If Westbrook doesn't get hurt, it's a rematch of last year.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #1689
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/93...ording-sources

"
The Los Angeles Clippers and the Boston Celtics have formally opened serious discussions on multiple transactions that potentially could add up to a seismic trade arrangement that ultimately lands Celtics stars Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce and coach Doc Rivers in L.A., according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com the Clippers are concurrently weighing the prospect of offering star forward Blake Griffin in tandem with prized young guard Eric Bledsoe to the Los Angeles Lakers in a sign-and-trade pitch to land Dwight Howard after July 1"

Talk about blowing up the Clippers. I'd keep Blake somehow someway. I wouldn't trade Griffin/Bledsoe for Howard. I just wouldn't.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #1690
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
I highly doubt that.

The only team that could beat the Thunder in the West at this point is the Spurs, and this is their last run.

They're lucky to even be in the Finals right now. If Westbrook doesn't get hurt, it's a rematch of last year.
Just never assume KD will go on to win chips. We can't predict the future. While his star is certainly bright and he's a young player, you can't predict it. Also, I still can't understand why they didn't amnesty Perkins and re-sign the beard. Tax is a scary thing I suppose. But, you find a way to keep that trio. Just a total ****up by OK City.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #1691
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Game time in 6.5 hours! Big Big Big game tonight!
Old 06-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #1692
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i'd still take the 08-11 Duncan over the current one. he's on his last leg and fading. he's still better than most PF's in the league because they're only good at one thing.
His production this year has been better than 09-11. Back then his free throws were horrible. And I cringed every time he shot an outside shot. I never see him exhausted on the court either. Popovich keeps his minutes down. He's leaner now than back then too.

Ginobili on the other hand is showing flat tires all around. He's lost it. Years in Europe and years here with years of summer ball has caught up with him.

I'm nervous everytime he's got the ball. Expect a bad pass or brick.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #1693
bombay
Ring of Famer

Danny Green shoots the 3 pretty well.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #1694
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

I'm not one to complain about refs, but holy ****. The foul on Ginoboli's miss 3, Lebron getting fouled on the previous play. Ginoboli flopping all over the damn place. Not happy with the Hea'ts performance, but they've been penetrating finally in the 2nd Q and starting to make up the gap.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #1695
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Also to add the poor perimeter defense by the Heat. Got to execute better and stay with your damn man.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #1696
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

3rd Quarter is when the Heat come alive. If they don't, I expect a Spurs W.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #1697
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I'm not one to complain about refs, but holy ****. The foul on Ginoboli's miss 3, Lebron getting fouled on the previous play. Ginoboli flopping all over the damn place. Not happy with the Hea'ts performance, but they've been penetrating finally in the 2nd Q and starting to make up the gap.
Refs are blowin it on both sides. Kawhi gets fouled they call him out of bounds and its a 6 point jump by heat. Duncan got mauled a couple times. Pop was pissed. That was clearly a foul on Lebron though.

I think sometimes the dam refs blow a call then reward the team they blew the call on.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #1698
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I love me some Jay-Z (no homo) but what the **** was that commercial about?
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #1699
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

wow this isnt looking good for San Antonio

If James and Wade can continue to get into the paint then its over
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #1700
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
wow this isnt looking good for San Antonio

If James and Wade can continue to get into the paint then its over
The King misses a 3 to cut it to one. Danny green bad passes, heat go the other way, green comes back and steals the ball, comes back down and hits the 3. Other than that Heat intensity on defense is better, but the rotations are killing them. Gotta stay with their shooters. Early in the 3rd so we'll see how it goes.