The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #726
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Yeah it's over. Time to let Karl go. He needs to coach college ball. His philosophy will work better at that level. I think everyone knows even with Galo the nugs were never going to make it all the way. Time to turn the page.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #727
bombay
Ring of Famer

George fully let a douche like mark jackson control the lineups and pace of the series. Pathetic. That team is garbage but they're killing the nuggets.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #728
Drunken.Broncoholic

I don't know if its on Karl or not, but those one hand passes trying to thread the needle resulting in turnovers don't help you win. I've seen the nugs try alot of those ending in warrior fastbreak points
Old 04-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #729
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

GK sucks in playoffs
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #730
bombay
Ring of Famer

It's like the clock struck midnight, and guys like koufos, brewer, chandler, etc turned back into mice. Or pumpkins. Or something.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #731
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

Herlocker ABatar MOJO

Yea , this is a total WTF moment ...

I hadn't really been following the first round and was expecting it to just go chalk and everyone win who was the higher seed. Ouch.

Thought the Nugs had a chance to get to the West finials or even the Finals with Westbrook being out ... But no ...
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #732
SimonFletcher73
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Goose Gonsoulin

Worst time of year for sports after this series ends.
SimonFletcher73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #733
bombay
Ring of Famer

According to the jackass that sits next to hastings, the nuggets have run into a juggernaut. Really, marlowe? Buy a dictionary. I don't think that pile of crap is a juggernaut.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #734
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I think GS did get hot in this series but, what's the excuse for sloppy Nugget play and no answer? Really the only shocker is GS didn't sweep this series
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:40 PM   #735
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

San Antonio will beat them in 5. Pop is a real coach, and will figure out an answer to 4 midget shooters and bogut.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:59 AM   #736
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

They're an absolute disgrace, choking useless ****s. I'd dump the whole team again.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:51 AM   #737
spiralism

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
They're an absolute disgrace, choking useless ****s. I'd dump the whole team again.
Couldnt agree more. If the team is ever moved nobody should feel sorry, in fact people should boycott game 5. Let the ****ers end their season on their own because they don't deserve support.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:25 AM   #738
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

GANGNAM STYLE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

What a ****ing embarrassment. I have tickets to Game 5, no ****ing way I'm going. I know that makes me a horrible fan but this series has been over for a while now and I'm not going to personally witness us getting embarrassed at home again.

The one major winner here? Gallo. We did need him. I was wrong regarding Chandler. I still like Chandler alright, but in the reserve role we had him in. This team does need Gallo to do anything productive in the playoffs. I guess we'll see next year.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:02 AM   #739
spiralism

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
What a ****ing embarrassment. I have tickets to Game 5, no ****ing way I'm going. I know that makes me a horrible fan but this series has been over for a while now and I'm not going to personally witness us getting embarrassed at home again.

The one major winner here? Gallo. We did need him. I was wrong regarding Chandler. I still like Chandler alright, but in the reserve role we had him in. This team does need Gallo to do anything productive in the playoffs. I guess we'll see next year.
Too right. Either don't go or if you're sitting somewhere visible, bring a sign saying "we're only here cause it's broncos offseason". This team deserves nothing but contempt...

As for next year, we've been saying that after first round exits how many times now? It's just never going to happen really. You'd be as well off taking up a different hobby instead of watching the Nuggets next season. Heroin for example...
Old 04-29-2013, 06:07 AM   #740
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

GANGNAM STYLE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Well, to be fair, I do have a lot of faith in Masai Ujiri. I think he's the best GM in Denver, with all apologies to John Elway. We haven't had him running this team in year's past. So I'm still with the team, I'm still excited for the future. I think he's an incredibly bright guy who can lead us somewhere.

Anyways, regarding my last post, if anybody wants lower level tickets (anywhere from 1 to 4) for face value, shoot me a PM. It can all be done electronically through flashseats.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:13 AM   #741
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

I'd take the tickets if someone would sponsor a flight from Dublin to Denver.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:16 AM   #742
spiralism

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Well, to be fair, I do have a lot of faith in Masai Ujiri. I think he's the best GM in Denver, with all apologies to John Elway. We haven't had him running this team in year's past. So I'm still with the team, I'm still excited for the future. I think he's an incredibly bright guy who can lead us somewhere.
Until George Karl is fired, this team will never go anywhere. Even then it probably wont anyways. Nuggets just aren't cut out for success at the end of it all, ultimately like the Falcons of the NBA. Least effective good team ever.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:47 AM   #743
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

the talent level is far apart between the Nuggets and the Warriors and it's starting to finally show.
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:54 AM   #744
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
San Antonio will beat them in 5. Pop is a real coach, and will figure out an answer to 4 midget shooters and bogut.
It would certainly help that they are smaller with Diaw and splitter hurt. Spurs have Joseph and Neal finding their shot.

Helps that they haven't won in SA since like around 1997.

I still don't count out the nugs. I think they win it making it 2-3.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #745
spiralism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
It would certainly help that they are smaller with Diaw and splitter hurt. Spurs have Joseph and Neal finding their shot.

Helps that they haven't won in SA since like around 1997.

I still don't count out the nugs. I think they win it making it 2-3.
Quite possible. But Oracle will be mental in game 6 - no chance.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #746
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Quite possible. But Oracle will be mental in game 6 - no chance.
Ya they would have to steal that game. Pretty hard to do that place is chaos. But I could see the nugs winning their 2 home games at home. Just have to somehow win that 1 road game.

Out here in Cali I get alot of warrior coverage and all morning they've been talking about currys hamstring. He took shots for it. Obviously it didnt bother him in the game but could play a role as hamstrings are sketchy.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #747
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I'm not a nuggets fan, but you guys are awfully hard on a team that overacheived and raised your expectations. Basketball is the one game where the best player on the court, a superstar, can impose his will on the entire game. Take a look at the last 30 years of NBA champions and every team (with the exception of maybe 2004 pistons...and you can even argue the Mavs of a couple of years ago) had a transcendent star. And the current nuggets team has no one even in the vicinity of Dirk or probably even an '04 Billups (though that team did have a lot of talent).

It's a stars league and until you get one, I'm not sure what you expect the nuggets to do. (well you actually had one with that kind of ability (potential), but I understand he had no interest in playing for you, so be it, athletes can be a-holes).

So you can blame the coach and all that, but the real reason the nuggets won't win anything is because they'll never have the best player on the court.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #748
Drunken.Broncoholic

Warriors were 3-18 without Lee this season. Won 3 already in the playoffs. They are just stepping up right now
Old 04-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #749
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

My take on this…

First, when the matched up with GSW, I thought this was the worst possible matchup they could have in the first round. I was concerned about Curry as he is just flat out good and can take a game/series over. He proved this out in college and is proving it again.

Gallo’s absence is really starting to show his value. I thought he played pretty bad down the stretch, but it’s clear his length and play-making ability is desperately needed. He consistently can get to the foul line and is one of their best shooters.

I think George Karl’s system is very friendly for an 82 game season. The season is a grind and can be mentally and physically draining. He can employ his pace with the different lineups against teams that are less talented and/or take advantage of the scheduling. Karl allows for more freedom on the offensive side of the ball while making his demands on defense. I think he tends to get a bit more out of a team in the regular season, but his team is unable to shift gears in the post-season like other teams. In the post-season I think the team needs coaching on both sides of the ball when each possession becomes more precious.

Karl is out-coached in the playoffs. He seems to have no feel of the game. He’ll let a team go on an extended run before he calls a timeout. His teams are constantly outplayed right after a time-out. This is not isolated to this year, but has plagued him for years. I get the desire to play Andre Miller and in game 1 he was needed, but he’s been pretty bad since then. Putting Miller on Curry in game 4 is simply unforgivable, which was a catalyst for their big run. That’s a coach who choked under pressure. I love Miller but his minutes need to be limited in this series. I get that they need some play-making ability on offense, but Miller is a net-loss to the team unless he has a career night. GK leaves guys on the bench that should get a shot. I get that you want to dance with the guys who got you there, but at some point you got to allow some to have a shot.

Bogut is making Kofus and McGee look like boys. The most physical guy you got on the team is Mosgov…at least give him a few minutes to see how he matches up. It took way too long for Stone to get some playing time. He’s a good perimeter defender, which is where they are getting destroyed.

It’s a long shot for them to turn this around but I will be rooting for that. That said, if they lose this series, it’s time for the Nuggets to get a playoff caliber coach.

Last edited by bronco_diesel; 04-29-2013 at 09:59 AM..
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #750
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

The Heat move on and the Nuggets tank as usual.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote