The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
GoHAM
Ring of Famer

36, now that's shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Unrein
Default Tracy Porter Out for Sunday

"Denver Broncos cornerback Tracy Porter will miss Sunday night's game against the New Orleans Saints as he continues to experience symptoms following a seizure he suffered in August.

Porter missed practice Thursday to see a doctor and had been hoping to get medical clearance to play against his former team...."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...ay-due-illness

Hopefully Harris and Moore can continue playing well.
GoHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
Action

And Tony Carter...

Maybe we get our first look at Bolden Sunday.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Gotta think there is more to this story. A seizure is a symptom telling you something is not right. It happened in August and only now are they taking it seriously? Seems a strange protocol.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Gotta think there is more to this story. A seizure is a symptom telling you something is not right. It happened in August and only now are they taking it seriously? Seems a strange protocol.
Absolutely - there is likely more here than a single simple seizure 2 months ago. It may be possible that Porter is reconsidering the risks of playing football since it is certainly possible that additional head trauma could worsen a seizure condition, however I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he actually has a more serious medical condition. Hopefully he is doing all right.
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

He was dizzy and had a racing heart rate the Saturday before the Chargers game... The same symptoms he had just before the seizure in August... I think after the Bears pre_season game.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #6
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

The Injury report doesn't have him listed as out, just Questionable.

WEEK 8 - DENVER BRONCOS VS. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
Sunday, Oct. 28, 2012, Sports Authority Field at Mile High
DENVER BRONCOS
QUESTIONABLE: CB Tracy Porter - Illness.
PROBABLE: G Chris Kuper - Forearm. S Mike Adams - Knee; CB Chris Harris - Ankle; DT Sealver Siliga - Non-injury related; TE Jacob Tamme - Hip; LB Danny Trevathan - Thumb; WR Matthew Willis - Not Injury Related.
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
OUT: TE Daniel Graham - Knee; WR Joe Morgan - Chest.
QUESTIONABLE: TE Jimmy Graham - Ankle; LB David Hawthorne - Hamstring.
PROBABLE: RB Darren Sproles - Non-Injury Related.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
Action

http://www.denverbroncos.com

watch Porter's interview... sounds to me like Broncos are just taking extra precautions to make sure when he does come back, he's 100% ok to play.

Porter said he's healthy and feels healthy to play and wants to play.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #8
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
And Tony Carter...

What's wrong with Carter?
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #9
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappys View Post
Absolutely - there is likely more here than a single simple seizure 2 months ago. It may be possible that Porter is reconsidering the risks of playing football since it is certainly possible that additional head trauma could worsen a seizure condition, however I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he actually has a more serious medical condition. Hopefully he is doing all right.
Or, it could be just like what they said. He had the one seizure in August. Then, 2 months later, he felt the same weird feeling he got right before having his first seizure in August and the team held him out for safety and precautionary reasons.

It also is being reported that he is questionable because he was trying to get a doctor to clear him to play. It is also being reported that even if he does get cleared, he wont play because the defensive gameplan put in place has Chris Harris at RCB and Tony Carter playing NB.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #10
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
What's wrong with Carter?
I was finishing up the end of his post... he said Hopefully Harris and Moore continue to play well. My mistake
Old 10-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #11
GoHAM
Ring of Famer

36, now that's shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Unrein

Quote:
And Tony Carter...

Oops, that's who I was thinking of when I typed Moore, my brain has already checked out for the weekend.
GoHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #12
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
It is also being reported that even if he does get cleared, he wont play because the defensive gameplan put in place has Chris Harris at RCB and Tony Carter playing NB.
Yeah, whoever reported that is providing false information and doesn't know much.... Tony Carter has not played a snap at the NB this whole season, and Harris attributes are best used at Slot. Colston lines up there and would eat Tony alive because of height and physical mis matches... Harris would be much better to get physical with Colston unless Bailey shadows him throughout the game.

Tony Carter doesn't really have the technique of a NB to begin with, he's much better suited for an outside corner.

And yes, Porter is QUESTIONABLE as Fox said in the interview. And as a fresh reminder:

Questionable = 50% chance a player will play
Old 10-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #13
swaiy

Quote:
Yeah, whoever reported that is providing false information and doesn't know much.... Tony Carter has not played a snap at the NB this whole season, and Harris attributes are best used at Slot. Colston lines up there and would eat Tony alive because of height and physical mis matches... Harris would be much better to get physical with Colston unless Bailey shadows him throughout the game.

Tony Carter doesn't really have the technique of a NB to begin with, he's much better suited for an outside corner.

And yes, Porter is QUESTIONABLE as Fox said in the interview. And as a fresh reminder:

Questionable = 50% chance a player will play
Wasnt false, i just made a mistake in relaying it because i cant quote from this device.

It said tony would see time in nickel and dime situations so based on what you said, harris would slide inside on nickel an ddime situations.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #14
swaiy

Quote:
He missed Thursday's practice because of a doctor's appointment. Porter told the Denver Post late Thursday afternoon that he still hoped to be cleared to play against his former team.

But with the Broncos having worked on the defensive plan without Porter through the week, it is unlikely the Broncos would put Porter in the lineup even if he were to be cleared later Friday or Saturday. The Broncos started Chris Harris in the right cornerback spot against the Chargers and used Tony Carter in the nickel (five defensive backs) and dime (six defensive backs) packages.
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2AQekOeOI

There you go.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #15
Action

Quote:
Wasnt false, i just made a mistake in relaying it because i cant quote from this device.

It said tony would see time in nickel and dime situations so based on what you said, harris would slide inside on nickel an ddime situations.
Well of course Tony would see time in Nickel and Dime, he's next on the DC, but he'd line up outside.

Porter has spent the past 4 years of his life practicing against Brees and the Saints WR's...I'm sure that experience will cancel out the fact that he didn't practice much this week.

If he can get medical clearance I think he plays....Porter knows the formations and plays the Saints run like the back of his hand.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #16
Action

Quote:
I'm not putting stock into that, but it doesn't really matter at the end of the day, because it is pure speculation.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #17
swaiy

Quote:
Well of course Tony would see time in Nickel and Dime, he's next on the DC, but he'd line up outside.

Porter has spent the past 4 years of his life practicing against Brees and the Saints WR's...I'm sure that experience will cancel out the fact that he didn't practice much this week.

If he can get medical clearance I think he plays....Porter knows the formations and plays the Saints run like the back of his hand.
Dude, im not arguing with you. I even posted the article after my reponse. I misread it.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #18
swaiy

Quote:
I'm not putting stock into that, but it doesn't really matter at the end of the day, because it is pure speculation.
Thats why i said its being reported. Everyone is speculating. Even you. I just posted it. Do you always make a debate out of everything?
Old 10-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #19
Action

Quote:
Thats why i said its being reported. Everyone is speculating. Even you. I just posted it. Do you always make a debate out of everything?
I'm not debating you

Yeah, it's all speculation at the end of the day, even my opinion.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:09 PM   #20
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Hmmm... thought I saw Carter playing more outside than Harris...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #21
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I initially thought that comment about the staff being mad at Porter was bogus, and I think it probably mostly is. However I did hear on the local radio yesterday one of the reasons the coaching staff isn't pushing Porter is because they like Harris and Carter a bit better.

Just a rumor.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #22
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Wow this game is going to end up like 52-42.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #23
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
That would be the work of The Greek.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:12 PM   #24
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
From the article.

Quote:
Porter said. "... Things happen, it was unfortunate, it happened, I just have to deal with it and move on."

Read more: Broncos' Tracy Porter listed as questionable for Sunday's game - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2ARgpAcyW
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

That does not sound like he is talking about a seizure that happened in August.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #25
swaiy

Quote:
From the article.

That does not sound like he is talking about a seizure that happened in August.
Duh, Columbo. It's in reference to the symptoms he had leading up to the Chargers game this month.