The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #876
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Amazing how you post these ambiguous articles thinking that they somehow bolster your limp arguments. I'm guessing it's a failure of reading comprehension. If anything, the article disputes your point.
Sorry for assuming you might (or can?) read the article.

Quote:
Gary Schroen, a former CIA station chief in Pakistan, says the White House required the CIA to attempt to capture bin Laden alive, rather than kill him.
Quote:
A Democratic member of the 9/11 commission says there was a larger issue: The Clinton administration treated bin Laden as a law enforcement problem.

Bob Kerry, a former senator and current 9/11 commission member, said, “The most important thing the Clinton administration could have done would have been for the president, either himself or by going to Congress, asking for a congressional declaration to declare war on al-Qaida, a military-political organization that had declared war on us.”
Now please try to refrain from twisting this into me blaming Clinton. In hindsight, Washington as a whole was far too passive against the threat that we faced. But none of that is any one guy's fault. It was systemic, and that was only realized far too late. Now we've (predictably) gone overboard.

Which was again, no single person's fault.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:51 AM   #877
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
It's not avoidance. You're violating the definitional premise of your own question.

If you're sure something is true, there's no point in "investigating" it.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #878
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Hey I know, let's investigate something from 12 years ago where everyone involved is no longer around just so we can establish the (non)credibility of Michael Moore.

But this thing where a federal judge had to order the release of documents that had already been subpoenaed by the sitting Congress which was subsequently ignored by the sitting administration?

"Meh. Pass. Too much (D) in that for my taste."
Old 05-20-2014, 03:00 PM   #879
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Hey I know, let's investigate something from 12 years ago where everyone involved is no longer around just so we can establish the (non)credibility of Michael Moore.

But this thing where a federal judge had to order the release of documents that had already been subpoenaed by the sitting Congress which was subsequently ignored by the sitting administration?

"Meh. Pass. Too much (D) in that for my taste."
You can't even answer a simple question without it becoming a partisan pissing contest, and even then, you duck and avoid.

What a wuss!!
Old 05-20-2014, 03:07 PM   #880
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You can't even answer a simple question without it becoming a partisan pissing contest, and even then, you duck and avoid.

What a wuss!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question

Gaffnean, really.

Hey, Brit, if Bush orchestrated 9/11, should we investigate whether Bush orchestrated 9/11?
Old 05-20-2014, 03:32 PM   #881
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question

Gaffnean, really.

Hey, Brit, if Bush orchestrated 9/11, should we investigate whether Bush orchestrated 9/11?
Do you drink all day?
Old 05-20-2014, 03:42 PM   #882
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Do you drink all day?
Occasionally.

Not enough that I'll still be calling for new Congressional Investigations of the Benghazi cover-up in 2024 though.

That's the kinda drunk only the Blue Koolaid can provide.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #883
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
BS! Clinton did believe he was capable because it had already been proven in 1993 that they could pull it off. Clinton was ridiculed by republicans for attempting to kill OBL in 1998. You're being either completely naive or completely ignorant in thinking GWB &Co. Didn't screw up in not taking the warning seriously.
Wrong again lol.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #884
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Yeah, we know GW Bush pulled back from using the new Predator drone technology against bin Laden in Afghanistan in early 2001 -- despite the first successful tests of the Hellfire missile.

GW Bush even ordered the FBI to back off its bin Laden investigations.

All of the above to smooth the way to 9/11.

As we know, on the eve of the attack the president's daddy HW Bush was in chambers with one of bin Laden's relatives. The next day (9/11) the same bin Laden continued his meetings with the Carlyle Group -- even as the towers fell.

Later, bin Laden $$$ was quietly withdrawn from the Carlyle Group.

The Bush crime family had to maintain its teflon reputation.
MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:20 PM   #885
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Republicans have only one goal: to turn this tragedy into a scandal. Their relentless campaign to use the events in Benghazi to score cheap political points ahead of the midterm elections is appalling.

Over the last 20 months, the facts and circumstances surrounding the September 11, 2012, attacks have received unprecedented scrutiny:

• 9 different House and Senate committees have already investigated the attacks
• 17 hearings have been conducted
• 50 briefings have taken place
• 25 transcribed interviews have been conducted
• 8 subpoenas have been issued
• more than 25,000 pages of documents have been reviewed
• 6 congressional reports have been released

But, dissatisfied with the results of these exhaustive reviews, the GOP has now decided to create an openly partisan panel with only one goal: to further politicize this tragedy.
Here's one thing we know this new Select Committee won't be investigating: The budget cuts that House Republicans made to security at our embassies, consulates and diplomatic posts around the world -- cuts that Republicans have actually boasted about making.

Here's another thing the GOP won't be investigating -- the tragedy and scandal of more than 4,000 Americans killed in the Iraq War based on phony intelligence.
Between 1998 and 2013, there were at least 501 significant attacks against U.S. diplomatic facilities and personnel in 70 countries, which resulted in the deaths of 586 people, including 67 Americans. During the Bush administration, there were 166 attacks, which killed 116 people, including 18 Americans.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sen-ba...b_5315857.html
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:26 PM   #886
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Gee, shocking Boxer wants this to all go away. But Fox News is biased. Idiots.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:03 AM   #887
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

There was a time when liberals cared our government was supplying arms to rebel groups, or in this case, terror groups to bring down a regime. This is why I hope Ben Carson does run for president and watching these idiot liberals and democrats stumble and fumble around trying to dismiss him and attack him when they keep stating it is racist when that is done to Obama. But I know, they'll just spout their usual hypocritical line, "it's different."
Old 06-19-2014, 09:52 AM   #888
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

GOP criticism of Khattala's capture hits level of pure silliness

There seems to be no good news from the White House that cannot be reinterpreted as bad by conservatives. This anti-Obama negativity among Republican politicians and right-wing media is so predictable and reflexive that it has become comical.

This Obama-can-do-no-right contrarianism has attained a new comedic level following the announcement that one of the suspected leaders of the attack on the American Consulate and CIA station in Benghazi, Libya, has been captured by U.S. Delta Force soldiers and FBI agents. Rather than cheering the news, reaction on the right has been anything but celebratory.

Ahmed Abu Khattala, a local militia leader and Islamic militant, had openly bragged about his role in the mob assault that led to the murder of the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans on Sept. 11, 2012. He gave interviews to Western media. He did not bother to hide, apparently assuming he was protected by the chaos in Benghazi.

But Khattala was being watched. Late Sunday night, when Khattala took a drive along a dark stretch of desert highway, an American drone had him in its sights. The commandos closed in, took him into custody and delivered him to the New York, a U.S. warship stationed in the Mediterranean Sea off the Libyan coast.

President Obama had pledged that perpetrators of the deadly Benghazi attack would be brought to justice. Republicans had been urging him to keep that promise. Yet when the White House announced the capture, there were few, if any, voices on the right giving credit to the president. Indeed, there has been nothing but criticism and second-guessing.

In a blog post for MSNBC, Steve Benen came up with a list of the top 10 talking points conservatives have come up with to denigrate the arrest of Khattala. Among the goofiest assertions is the charge that the capture was timed to boost Hillary Rodham Clinton’s current book tour. As Benen said, “It’s hard to know how to respond to such obvious nonsense, but to believe that U.S. Special Forces, the FBI, and the White House hatched a military mission, months in the making, to help a former Cabinet official on a book tour seems rather delusional.”

Just as delusional is the contention that the commando raid was planned to distract attention from the IRS “controversy” (a bogus scandal that has seized the attention of almost no one outside the paranoid hothouse of right-wing radio). There were also those who blamed Obama for taking too long or failing to nab more suspects or playing politics with the whole thing

Arizona Sen. John McCain and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio criticized Obama for not sending Khattala to detention and a military trial in Guantanamo. This is a strange gripe, not only because McCain had called for closure of the Guantanamo prison camp back in 2008, but because hundreds of terror suspects have been successfully convicted in civilian courts while very few of the cases against internees at Guantanamo have been resolved. But that's the kind of pertinent detail that eludes Rubio, whose thoughts on foreign policy seem to be gleaned from a Cliff's Notes version of a Dick Cheney speech.

It has long been obvious that conservatives are unwilling to give Obama a shred of credit for anything good that happens on his watch. In a partisan political world, of course, it is perfectly normal for the opposition party to be grudging in praise, but, with their frantic rush to find something bad to say about Khattala’s capture, Republicans have gone far beyond serious skepticism and have attained a state of perfect silliness.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/topof...618-story.html
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:29 AM   #889
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The only thing you can count on is that a certain segment of partisans will always find something to criticize in everything their opponents do.

I mean look at this fine example from your friends at Mediamatters.

http://mediamatters.org/research/200...ief-pro/146381

Hopefully you'll agree that nobody should read mediamatters ever again.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:34 AM   #890
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Oh, and I love you sticking to your "IRS bogus scandal" guns.

"Oh, that division director that plead the 5th? Yeah. We lost her emails from that time period. Oh and from 6 or so other people that might've been involved.

Where's the hard drive we said crashed? Yeah, we threw that away somewhere for some reason. Where you'll never find it."

Are you ok with your government operating this way?
Old 06-19-2014, 10:42 AM   #891
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/v...ms-at-the-irs/

Quote:
Last Friday it was revealed that approximately two-years worth of Lois Lerner’s e-mails at the Internal Revenue Service were lost due to a hard drive failure. This revelation would have raised eyebrows even were the timing not incredibly convenient. The hard drive crash occurred approximately ten days after Congress first inquired about the targeting of conservative non-profits. And, despite dozens of Congressional inquiries, the loss of e-mails relevant to multiple congressional investigations was not revealed until last week. Were that not enough, subsequent reports suggest the IRS has lost e-mails from six others also implicated in the alleged targeting of conservative groups. One need not be skeptical hippo to be skeptical.
"Phony Scandal" say Rigs, Tony and the whole Donkey Cheer Squad.

Although it sounded more like "Mowney Scandow" with all that political pole deep throating them the whole time.

This kind of thing would lead to obstruction of justice charges and handcuffs in the real world.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:44 AM   #892
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/v...ms-at-the-irs/

"Phony Scandal" say Rigs, Tony and the whole Donkey Cheer Squad.

Although it sounded more like "Mowney Scandow" with all that political pole deep throating them the whole time.

This kind of thing would lead to obstruction of justice charges and handcuffs in the real world.
5 miilion emails lost during bush years
Old 06-19-2014, 10:50 AM   #893
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Oh, and I love you sticking to your "IRS bogus scandal" guns.

"Oh, that division director that plead the 5th? Yeah. We lost her emails from that time period. Oh and from 6 or so other people that might've been involved.

Where's the hard drive we said crashed? Yeah, we threw that away somewhere for some reason. Where you'll never find it."

Are you ok with your government operating this way?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/03/27/fired.attorneys/
Old 06-19-2014, 11:00 AM   #894
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Emails lost during the Bush years? I wonder if the liberals ignored that too like they are now? , sure.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:04 AM   #895
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Emails lost during the Bush years? I wonder if the liberals ignored that too like they are now? , sure.
I guess we can read this as a tacit apology to the legacies of Bush and Nixon.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:11 AM   #896
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I'm guessing that genius Biden considers Afghanistan a "success" too.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #897
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
your hypocrisy is more fitting
Old 06-19-2014, 12:38 PM   #898
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I'm guessing that genius Biden considers Afghanistan a "success" too.
permanent occupation is the right's solution right?
Old 06-19-2014, 12:41 PM   #899
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
your hypocrisy is more fitting
Unlike you, my current stance doesn't require me to pooh-pooh felonies for my favorite pin-up politician.

Nixon was impeached for IRS abuse of political adversaries and destruction of evidence.

Should it have never even been investigated?

Please try to remove the Burro shaft from your mouth before answering.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #900
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Unlike you, my current stance doesn't require me to pooh-pooh felonies for my favorite pin-up politician.

Nixon was impeached for IRS abuse of political adversaries and destruction of evidence.

Should it have never even been investigated?

Please try to remove the Burro shaft from your mouth before answering.
investigate it and move on. lets' see, we have bickering about obamacare and countless repeal attempts, Benghazi in which they haven't proven shet. now b****ing about Iraq which a republican prez started, followed by b****ing about negotiating a release of a US soldier. then the repubs complain about the economy, yet all they do is waste time on these 'scandals'. is this what governing is to you?