The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2014, 09:33 AM   #726
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

But there hs been no conclusive evidence so far. 2 years later. Is this what they get or is this "let's make sure Hillary looks as bad as possible" in 16 regardless of the truth?

Even a Republican congressman stated today that the investigation needs to have a time limit so it doesn't appear political. That is in itself a statement about the politics of it. He is willing to accept an incomplete job so the Republicans don't look bad.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:29 AM   #727
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

The "new and improved" Benghazi frenzy is just Fox's way of distracting the dumb crackers away from their Bundy debacle. Yank their chains and get them to bark after a new fear.

Meanwhile, Monica Lewinsky has written a new book and comes clean (I'm guessing that's dry clean) on her affair with Bubba. Darrell Issa says he intends to launch a new investigation and will try to impeach Clinton.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:41 AM   #728
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The "new and improved" Benghazi frenzy is just Fox's way of distracting the dumb crackers away from their Bundy debacle. Yank their chains and get them to bark after a new fear.

Meanwhile, Monica Lewinsky has written a new book and comes clean (I'm guessing that's dry clean) on her affair with Bubba. Darrell Issa says he intends to launch a new investigation and will try to impeach Clinton.
. Issa = right wing hack.

I saw the Lewinsky thing and actually felt bad for her. Her acknowledgment that it was consensual and just the impact of the whole thing on her given the investigation started out wth Whitewater that morphed into a let's vilify Clinton escapade is actually kind of sad. This was really between her, Hillary and Bill.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:47 AM   #729
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
. Issa = right wing hack.

I saw the Lewinsky thing and actually felt bad for her. Her acknowledgment that it was consensual and just the impact of the whole thing on her given the investigation started out wth Whitewater that morphed into a let's vilify Clinton escapade is actually kind of sad. This was really between her, Hillary and Bill.
So you're saying Monica was doing Hillary too
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:59 AM   #730
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
If there is no more to see why the special investigative committee. If this is all there is it's a waste of valuable taxpayer time and money.
If there was nothing to it, why did the WH have to be sued for the emails? What did Obama need to hide? If there is nothing more to the story, it sure doesn't make Obama look competent if he was warned and then they lied about the attack at a minimum.
I have no idea if there is more of an agenda (arms to Syria?) to what happened but I do know it sure isn't right. Obama let this story grow when it would have been done with now. Of course ghwk worrying about it being political, why do you think Obama like the idea of his talking points and not what actually happened? Politics by any chance?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:26 PM   #731
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
If there was nothing to it, why did the WH have to be sued for the emails? What did Obama need to hide? If there is nothing more to the story, it sure doesn't make Obama look competent if he was warned and then they lied about the attack at a minimum.
I have no idea if there is more of an agenda (arms to Syria?) to what happened but I do know it sure isn't right. Obama let this story grow when it would have been done with now. Of course ghwk worrying about it being political, why do you think Obama like the idea of his talking points and not what actually happened? Politics by any chance?
For the same reason he refused to answer the Birthers. Let the conspiracy nuts get louder and louder and more and more unglued. Darrel Issa looks like a blabbering buffoon to most Americans at this point who could care less about Benghazi and aren't going to care no matter how hard Republicans hammer this issue. It makes the Republicans look further out of touch with the concerns of average Americans.
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:40 PM   #732
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The liberal plan to act like everything is a made up right wing farce is going to run thin come midterms.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:19 AM   #733
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
The liberal plan to act like everything is a made up right wing farce is going to run thin come midterms.
I don't think it'll make much difference in the midterms. When it will bite them is when this becomes SOP for every administration from now on. Ignore congressional subpoenas. Slow leak the news as you'd like it told (and when). Prosecute and persecute anyone who attempts to tell a different story from the inside under the Espionage Act.

Suddenly these guys will turn on a dime after giving it the Standing Ovation for years.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:22 AM   #734
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...rt-prosecution

Quote:
Downie, an editor during the Post's investigations of Watergate, acknowledged that Obama had inherited a culture of secrecy that had built up since 9/11. But despite promising to be more open, Obama had become "more aggressive", stepping up the Espionage Act to pursue those accused of leaking classified information.

"The war on leaks and other efforts to control information are the most aggressive I've seen since the Nixon administration," Downie said in the report, which was commissioned by the Committee to Protect Journalists.

"Those suspected of discussing with reporters anything that the government has classified as secret are subject to investigation, including lie detector tests and scrutiny of their telephone and email records," the report says.

This had a chilling effect on government accountability, even on matters that were less sensitive, it said.

David Sanger, the chief Washington correspondent for the New York Times and one of 30 journalists interviewed by Downie, says in the report: "This is the most closed, control-freak administration I've ever covered."
"BRAVO!" they shout. "ENCORE! ENCORE!"

That they shall have. Even when the day comes they no longer want it.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:35 AM   #735
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

Quote:
The Dems will lose the midterms because the Obamacare rollout was a disaster, the economy still stinks, and real inflation(nondiscretionary goods) is hitting average Americans hard and is not offset but cheaper electronics in most peoples minds.
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:00 AM   #736
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
This is what happens when the White House lies. It's not the repubs fault. Tell the truth or face investigations. People died so there has to be an accounting. The Obama admin has been so secretive and corrupt this is what they get.
Still haven't seen definitive proof the WH is connected or lied....

Guess it's time for my LABF impersonation:

Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:08 AM   #737
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

The Right Wingers have voted to take down Obamacare fifty times. They have held four Benghazi investigations. I imagine by the time the midterms roll around, they'll be on their sixth or seventh Benghazi investigation, and Fox will be breathlessly urging them along. This is the new nature of American politics.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:12 AM   #738
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Your image fails to account for the new Democratic Iraq/Libya math that only American lives count.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:25 AM   #739
Obushma
Ring of Famer

Bring your lunch pail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

How many of those 60 deaths were American Ambassadors who were running guns to Al-Qaeda through the CIA?

Fast and Furious 2: Middle East Edition
Obushma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:32 AM   #740
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

Glaring facts which the indoctrinated Right, living in their dogma bubble, are completely impervious to.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:35 AM   #741
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obushma View Post
How many of those 60 deaths were American Ambassadors who were running guns to Al-Qaeda through the CIA?

You sure it wasn't nano-thermite?
Old 05-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #742
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Glaring facts which the indoctrinated Right, living in their dogma bubble, are completely impervious to.
How many people died in the Valerie Plame incident?
Old 05-07-2014, 08:40 AM   #743
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
How many people died in the Valerie Plame incident?
You mean that episode where a Republican vice president used his political power to out a CIA agent in order to lie the country into an unnecessary war which cost us thousands of American lives needlessly, while flushing a trillion dollars down the ****hole and allowing that VP to get millions in after war kickbacks? I guess you'd have to say that, incidental to the Plame treason, the cost was whatever the costs of the Iraq war were.

Oh, that's right: Treason in the name of Republican values is A-ok.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:50 AM   #744
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You mean that episode where a Republican vice president used his political power to out a CIA agent in order to lie the country into an unnecessary war which cost us thousands of American lives needlessly, while flushing a trillion dollars down the ****hole and allowing that VP to get millions in after war kickbacks? I guess you'd have to say that, incidental to the Plame treason, the cost was whatever the costs of the Iraq war were.

Nice fiction you got going for yourself there.

The tanks were already rolling in Iraq months before Novak's Plame column came out. How exactly did that enable a war that had already started?
Old 05-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #745
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I hadn't heard about this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerie_Plame

Quote:
Agreeing with the Bush administration, the Obama Justice Department argues the Wilsons have no legitimate grounds to sue. On the current justice department position, Sloan stated: "We are deeply disappointed that the Obama administration has failed to recognize the grievous harm top Bush White House officials inflicted on Joe and Valerie Wilson. The government’s position cannot be reconciled with President Obama’s oft-stated commitment to once again make government officials accountable for their actions."[55]
On June 21, 2009, the U.S. Supreme Court refused to hear the appeal.[56]
The implications were so totally turrible that both the Courts and Obama administration agreed that she had no grounds to file suit.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:10 AM   #746
Johnykbr
Pro Bowler

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:

1. Halliburton was the gold star for pretty much all government contracts.
2. Halliburton REMAINS the gold star for much all government contracts.
3. Halliburton is used just as much now under the Obama regime as it was under the Bush regime...and the Clinton regime...
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:18 AM   #747
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

can anyone tell me what the repubs have done to help this country since Obama was elected? anyone?
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:23 AM   #748
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
can anyone tell me what the repubs have done to help this country since Obama was elected? anyone?
A question far too many people fail to ask.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #749
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obushma View Post

Got links proving this actually was happening?
Old 05-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #750
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
Proposed delaying the employer mandate before it was "Cool"?