The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2014, 08:33 PM   #701
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

No doubt Saddam had his chance to play ball with the USA. Showing a picture from that time means nothing. All it means is that our govt gave him plenty of chances to be a good little dictator and in the end he decided to go the other way. Obviously our relationship with him soured.

Then he decided to be a full on enemy of the USA and the world. Probably crazy in the head just like his sons were. He became an enemy, and it took 3 administrations to finish him off.

But with Libya and Egypt they were playing ball. Obama let them be routed out of office with no support from the USA. Meanwhile in Syria they wisely align with Russia and get saved by them.

Guess who now has more pull in the world? The USA who lets people go down? Or Russia who will go to bat for you?

Egypt was a huge failure because Mubarek listened to the USA. Any new leader will say hmmm Russia or China is a better ally as they will go to bat for you at the UN and with weapons.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:34 PM   #702
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Obama is so bad at foreign policy. Now that he is nearing the end you will see more think tanks and scholars start to critic it.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #703
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
Fair enough.

If it was an error then I have less confidence in the WH. However show me any President that didn't have such foreign policy errors occur on his watch. I would be far more concerned if such security oversights were the norm and nothing was being done to correct them.

Sure I think that whoever was personally responsible should be held to account. What do you think would be appropriate (assuming it was an error)?
You know what, I'd first like Obama to admit it was gross negligence! When has Obama ever accepted responsibility for anything bad that has happened lol!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:20 AM   #704
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #705
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

You are citing Faux News?... but, but, but, it's Faux News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #706
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

The State Department and the WH both knew that intelligence pointed to a terrorist attack, several posts here have already proven this point. The fact that the Brits moved their ambassador out of Benghazi, the fact that the CIA increased its security, the fact that Morrall acknowledges that the State Department did nothing but sit on its hands.

However, at least CBS acknowledges that this can all be seen as nothing more than the WH trying to make BO look good in an election cycle. Also, I hate Hillary Clinton. This video just proves she's a complete moron and a waste of a human being.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 05-05-2014 at 03:42 PM..
Old 05-05-2014, 12:05 PM   #707
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Obama is so bad at foreign policy. Now that he is nearing the end you will see more think tanks and scholars start to critic it.
Obama is simply following orders (from the financial elite). How could that be bad?
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:10 PM   #708
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

rightwads just keeping this in the spotlight to try to chip away at the colossal lead that Hillary has on their 'candidates'.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:39 PM   #709
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Faux News... So predictable...

W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #710
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Faux News... So predictable...

Man! Did they bail on Bundy or what?
Old 05-05-2014, 12:58 PM   #711
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
rightwads just keeping this in the spotlight to try to chip away at the colossal lead that Hillary has on their 'candidates'.
She had a pretty nice lead in the '08 primary as well. Known almost always trumps unknown early on.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:32 PM   #712
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Like I have stated many times, liberals already knew a few years ago they were voting for Hillary in 2016 despite their weak denials. They don't like it when people can easily figure them out, but oh well.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:52 AM   #713
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Old 05-06-2014, 07:58 AM   #714
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

"The suggestion that anybody in my team, whether the Secretary of State, our U.N Ambassador, anybody on my team..would play politics or mislead when we've lost four of our own governor, is offensive. That's not what we do. That's not what I do as President, that's not what I do as Commander in Chief."

It's EXACTLY what they do. Just like Stewart points out above, it's face saving, spin, bull****. They all do it ,both parties, and they all have done it in the past. I for one, would have much more respect for our leaders if they would just own up to some ****.

"Listen..We ****ed up here, we missed a few things, here's what we are going to do to fix it, and be sure that I won't rest until those responsible are brought to justice."

Something like that.
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:02 AM   #715
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I would like to think you would read this article, linked below, and perhaps gain a slightly different perspective on Obama's foreign policy and why it might be "unpopular" despite the fact that he's doing what polls suggest people want. But, I'm not sure you'll understand it. Worth a try. You can lead a horse to water...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...d74_story.html
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:49 AM   #716
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Obviously Faux is banging on Benghazi as the GOP's propaganda machine, in order to taint Hillary as much as possible, she being the presumptive Democratic nominee for President in 2016.

Faux's just getting warmed up. They'll end up the Benghazi-all-the-time channel.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:07 AM   #717
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhat01 View Post
"The suggestion that anybody in my team, whether the Secretary of State, our U.N Ambassador, anybody on my team..would play politics or mislead when we've lost four of our own governor, is offensive. That's not what we do. That's not what I do as President, that's not what I do as Commander in Chief."

It's EXACTLY what they do. Just like Stewart points out above, it's face saving, spin, bull****. They all do it ,both parties, and they all have done it in the past. I for one, would have much more respect for our leaders if they would just own up to some ****.

"Listen..We ****ed up here, we missed a few things, here's what we are going to do to fix it, and be sure that I won't rest until those responsible are brought to justice."

Something like that.
Agree with this.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:11 AM   #718
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

So here's a question. Let's say the panel doesn't uncover anything more substantive than what has already been uncovered so far. Perhaps there's some more email or innuendo that further substantiates what is already known but there is no real smoking gun that the right is looking to find after two years already. If that is the case who reimburses the American people for the millions spent for what really amounted to a witch hunt?

Last edited by ghwk; 05-06-2014 at 09:14 AM..
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:12 AM   #719
TonyR
Franchise Poster

I haven't been following this story or thread very closely, and this is a few days old, so maybe I'm behind or posting something already discussed. But here it is anyway...

Quote:
Rhodes sent his email at 8 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 14. Nine hours earlier, the CIA had sent its first set of talking points. The very first line of the first CIA talking point read: “The currently available information suggests that the demonstrations in Benghazi were spontaneously inspired by the protests at the US Embassy in Cairo and evolved into a direct assault against the US Consulate and subsequently its annex.” (The original copies are here, released by the White House last May.) What was causing the protests in Cairo that the CIA mentions? The video.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...a_cover.2.html
Old 05-06-2014, 09:13 AM   #720
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhat01 View Post

Something like that.
Agreed as well. We really should be spending the money on the "how do we prevent this from happening again" part instead of the who said what part.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:13 AM   #721
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Same disclaimer as with my post abvoe...

Quote:
2:23 p.m.: The CIA’s office of general counsel adds a line about the “inspired by the protests” theory being inconclusive.

3:04 p.m.: The talking points are sent to relevant White House aides, including Ben Rhodes.

4:42 p.m.: The CIA circulates new talking points but removes a mention of al Qaida.

6:21 p.m.: The White House (Tommy Vietor, not Ben Rhodes) adds a line about the administration warning, on September 10, of social media reports calling for demonstrations.

7:39 p.m.: State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland objects to some of the language because “the penultimate point could be abused by members to beat the State Department for not paying attention to Agency warnings.”

8:09 p.m.: Ben Rhodes sends the “smoking gun” email, nine hours after the first draft of talking points from the CIA said that the attacks grew out of a demonstration.
http://swampland.time.com/2013/05/16...nghazi-emails/
Old 05-06-2014, 09:14 AM   #722
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Conclusion?
Quote:
The White House’s shifty-sounding excuse, that the “demonstration” story line came not from its spin factory but from the CIA, remains surprisingly accurate.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/20...se_agreed.html
Old 05-06-2014, 09:16 AM   #723
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
So here's a question. Let's say the panel doesn't uncover anything more substantive than what has already been uncovered so far. Perhaps there's some more email or innuendo that further substantiates what is already known but there is no real smoking gun that the right is looking to find after two years already. If that is the case who reimburses the American people for the millions spent for what really amounted to a witch hunt?
What more do you need to see? It's obvious what happened. It's like finding a dude on top of your naked wife but you couldn't see his cock inside her. What are you going to believe? Do you need to see it penetrate?
Old 05-06-2014, 09:20 AM   #724
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

If there is no more to see why the special investigative committee. If this is all there is it's a waste of valuable taxpayer time and money.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:25 AM   #725
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

This is what happens when the White House lies. It's not the repubs fault. Tell the truth or face investigations. People died so there has to be an accounting. The Obama admin has been so secretive and corrupt this is what they get.