The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2014, 07:16 AM   #476
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Not really an update. We already knew at least one person in the military offered to see what he could do to help the ambassador. But the ambassador was afraid to step outside his chain of command to request what his State Dept superiors had already repeatedly denied him.

State was who wanted a low profile in Libya, since it was bad election-season politics for Libya to look like a hot mess after our careless intervention. But the unpreparedness for an easily predicted attack (on 9/11 no less) looked even worse. So they covered it up with a lie about a video protest that never happened.

Oh well. The ends justify the means. Right or wrong? Pffffft. Just win baby!
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:58 AM   #477
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Not really an update. We already knew at least one person in the military offered to see what he could do to help the ambassador. But the ambassador was afraid to step outside his chain of command to request what his State Dept superiors had already repeatedly denied him.

State was who wanted a low profile in Libya, since it was bad election-season politics for Libya to look like a hot mess after our careless intervention. But the unpreparedness for an easily predicted attack (on 9/11 no less) looked even worse. So they covered it up with a lie about a video protest that never happened.

Oh well. The ends justify the means. Right or wrong? Pffffft. Just win baby!
Is that all you read in the report??

Quote:
In the weeks that followed, Gen. Carter Ham, the head of Africa Command, twice asked Stevens to employ the team, and twice Stevens declined, the report said.

Last edited by DenverBrit; 01-16-2014 at 09:10 AM..
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:13 AM   #478
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Is that what you read in the report??
Basically the same thing we argued about just a few pages back in this very thread...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=382

In reference to the article Tony posted:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/05/1...#storylink=cpy

Quote:
One person familiar with the events said Stevens might have rejected the offers because there was an understanding within the State Department that officials in Libya ought not to request more security, in part because of concerns about the political fallout of seeking a larger military presence in a country that was still being touted as a foreign policy success.
Essentially you're reiterating the same old dumb argument. That if your employer kills you through negligence in service to company goals, it's ok. Because really you could've told them to just eff off and left or took matters into your own hands.

In hindsight, the ambassador probably should've told the State Dept to eff off and appealed for outside help in whatever way possible. But his mistake does nothing to absolve the State Department of their blood-handed political-expediency-above-life.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:31 AM   #479
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Basically the same thing we argued about just a few pages back in this very thread...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=382

In reference to the article Tony posted:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/05/1...#storylink=cpy

Essentially you're reiterating the same old dumb argument. That if your employer kills you through negligence in service to company goals, it's ok. Because really you could've told them to just eff off and left or took matters into your own hands.

In hindsight, the ambassador probably should've told the State Dept to eff off and appealed for outside help in whatever way possible. But his mistake does nothing to absolve the State Department of their blood-handed political-expediency-above-life.
Good grief.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:41 AM   #480
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Good grief.
Quote:
“The embassy was told through back channels to not make direct requests for security,” an official familiar with the case, who agreed to discuss the case only anonymously because of the sensitivity of the subject, told McClatchy.
Only a true believer could look at this and say "I blame the guy that followed his orders. The Democrats in charge who gave them? Yeah, not their fault"

It never is, is it?
Old 01-16-2014, 09:52 AM   #481
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Quote:
“The embassy was told through back channels to not make direct requests for security,” an official familiar with the case, who agreed to discuss the case only anonymously because of the sensitivity of the subject, told McClatchy.
Only a true believer could look at this and say "I blame the guy that followed his orders. The Democrats in charge who gave them? Yeah, not their fault"

It never is, is it?
Is that what the Senate report says, yes or no??
Old 01-16-2014, 10:19 AM   #482
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Is that what the Senate report says, yes or no??
You think a Democratic Senate report over a Democratic scandal is going to paint things that black and white? Laughable.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...paign=20140115

Quote:
One of the findings is that nothing changed even when “tripwires” meant to prompt an increase in security or suspension in operations had been crossed, and people in the Department knew it.

Why not? She doesn’t really have an answer; in the past, she has deflected questions by pointing out that Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, who died in Benghazi, was someone she knew well and cared about; there is no doubt that he was. Despite her performance at a hearing last year, when she wondered why exactly what happened really mattered, callous indifference is not the answer here. (That won’t stop the clip of her testimony from playing in political ads if she runs for President.) But her reluctance to change course may have been influenced by her heavy investment in the decision to take military action in Libya.
The pressure to keep Libya on the down-low was both well known and obvious. Do we have a document saying "This is exactly why I'm refusing these requests for additional security?" Of course not. That doesn't happen.

In reality we don't even know for sure who made those decisions. As is par for the course lately, we fall back to the "Mistakes Were Made, but we can't say by who" MO. Just in time for the cheerleaders to always declare each and every case closed.

That is unless it involves a popular Republican Governor of any of 50 states. Then, questions need answering.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:33 AM   #483
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
You think a Democratic Senate report over a Democratic scandal is going to paint things that black and white? Laughable.
Once more, were your 'quotes' from the bipartisan report?? Yes or no??

Quote:
A bipartisan report from the Senate Intelligence Committee
Old 01-16-2014, 10:49 AM   #484
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Once more, were your 'quotes' from the bipartisan report?? Yes or no??
Red Herring Lolz.

When the House report comes out, are you going to treat it as the only credible word on the matter as well?
Old 01-16-2014, 11:09 AM   #485
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Red Herring Lolz.

When the House report comes out, are you going to treat it as the only credible word on the matter as well?

So it's a "NO."

The full report.
http://www.intelligence.senate.gov/b...4/benghazi.pdf

Last edited by DenverBrit; 01-16-2014 at 11:11 AM..
Old 01-16-2014, 12:32 PM   #486
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Maybe you can point out for me where it says a Youtube video caused the whole thing.

If it's not in the Senate Report it didn't happen!

#EpicFail

Why is Susan Rice still employed?
Old 01-16-2014, 12:51 PM   #487
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Pretty predictable fare here.

As a conservative:

IF scandal is proven to exist AND is not a Republican, I say what a shame, typical Democrat.

IF scandal is proven to exist AND is a Republican, I say what a shame, politicians are all animals.

IF scandal is proven NOT to exist AND is Republican, I say the liberal media is out for blood.

IF scandal is proven NOT to exist AND is not Republican, I say the reports were doctored and there is a massive conspiracy.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:08 PM   #488
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Pretty predictable fare here.

As a conservative:

IF scandal is proven to exist AND is not a Republican, I say what a shame, typical Democrat.

IF scandal is proven to exist AND is a Republican, I say what a shame, politicians are all animals.

IF scandal is proven NOT to exist AND is Republican, I say the liberal media is out for blood.

IF scandal is proven NOT to exist AND is not Republican, I say the reports were doctored and there is a massive conspiracy.
Makes it a lot easier when you're so easily convinced about what exists and what doesn't.

I mean the White House sent out people to weave the 'spontaneous protest' line for days if not weeks, while knowing differently. Even the report outlines how obviously non-spontaneous the attack was.

Yet you'll claim there was no scandal whatsoever. Under what justification? The color of your pom-poms.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:20 AM   #489
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The liberals need this story to go away since it makes both Obama and Hillary look bad, which shows the liberals are selective in justice and finding out the truth. Gee, so unlike them. They cared more about our soldiers supposedly going around killing innocent Iraqis and just "knowing" the Bush Admin. had permitted such actions of course. We have the numerous threads around here to prove it. But what, our government lying and a democrat in charge of it all? Nah, it just can't be. Change the subject.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:37 AM   #490
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...32732276330284

Quote:
When I arrived in Tripoli on July 31, we had over 30 security personnel, from the State Department and the U.S. military, assigned to protect the diplomatic mission to Libya. All were under the ambassador's authority. On Sept. 11, we had only nine diplomatic security agents under Chris's authority to protect our diplomatic personnel in Tripoli and Benghazi.

I was interviewed by the Select Committee and its staff, who were professional and thorough. I explained this sequence of events. For some reason, my explanation did not make it into the Senate report.

To sum up: Chris Stevens was not responsible for the reduction in security personnel. His requests for additional security were denied or ignored. Officials at the State and Defense Departments in Washington made the decisions that resulted in reduced security. Sen. Lindsey Graham stated on the Senate floor last week that Chris "was in Benghazi because that is where he was supposed to be doing what America wanted him to do: Try to hold Libya together." He added, "Quit blaming the dead guy."

Mr. Hicks served as Deputy Chief of Mission at the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli from July 31 to Dec. 7, 2012.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:37 PM   #491
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Beavis is like Bill Oreilly. he doesn't care about the damn report!
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:46 PM   #492
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
Beavis is like Bill Oreilly. he doesn't care about the damn report!
Nothing's been more amusing than watching those Preachers of "Speak Truth to Power" instantaneously fall back back to "I'll believe it as soon as it's in the Government Report."

We know security was reduced, even in the midst of pleas for more security due to credible threats. We don't know why for sure that happened (although Motive isn't hard to imagine)

But the best you can come up with is "I blame the dead guy who repeatedly begged for more security. Case Closed."

"Traffic Jam Though? What did Chris Christie know and when did he know it!?!"
Old 01-23-2014, 02:55 PM   #493
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Nothing's been more amusing than watching those Preachers of "Speak Truth to Power" instantaneously fall back back to "I'll believe it as soon as it's in the Government Report."

We know security was reduced, even in the midst of pleas for more security due to credible threats. We don't know why for sure that happened (although Motive isn't hard to imagine)

But the best you can come up with is "I blame the dead guy who repeatedly begged for more security. Case Closed."

"Traffic Jam Though? What did Chris Christie know and when did he know it!?!"

Security was reduced due to financial cuts with your republican fingerprints all over it.

It sucks that it happened but it was a terrorist type attack.

There still is NO EVIDENCE of Prez Obama or democratic involvement

of any kind.

There is nothing here and yet you morons persist.

Besides being the dumbest of all you are all hypocrits.

When you put Bush and Cheny in jail for their at minimum

incompetence and stupidity and surely the evidence points to

the them both using facts with so many holes its likw swiss cheese

and then using those so called facts to put into two wars.

When you clowns address that then we will give a chit about your

made up BS over BENGAZI, bENGAZI, bENGAZI....bengazi.

YOUR BRAINS ARE STUCK ON STUPID !

HYPOCRITS, ONE AND ALL !
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:59 PM   #494
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
BENGAZI, bENGAZI, bENGAZI....bengazi.

YOUR BRAINS ARE STUCK ON STUPID !

HYPOCRITS, ONE AND ALL !
Lolz. 4 tries, and you couldn't spell it right once. Whilst calling others Stupid. Oh and it's Hypocrites. Dumbass.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:09 PM   #495
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Lolz. 4 tries, and you couldn't spell it right once. Whilst calling others Stupid. Oh and it's Hypocrites. Dumbass.
Nice reply, keep em coming.

Don't address the fact your a hypocrite.

Don't address there is no there there.

See I don't care about Bengazi enough to know how to spee the damn place..................you are are the FOX NEWS fixated bunch. Not me.

Do you how mnay terrorist attacks there have been in the last decade ?

A lot, its what they do. People and governements do what they can to

stop it but you aren't about to stop them all.

Get over it and address the over 3000 killed in 9/11 or thousands

killed in two stupid wars with no WMDs and OBAMA had to get Bin

Laden for Bush..................

Did I spell all that correctly ?
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:24 PM   #496
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
See I don't care about Bengazi enough to know how to spee the damn place..................you are are the FOX NEWS fixated bunch. Not me.
You don't care because you're a cheerleader. 4 Americans in foreign service can die for political purposes"

"Meh."

A Traffic Jam because of some state corruption in New Jersey?

"OMFG. Send in the Feds. We need to get to the bottom of this!"
Old 01-24-2014, 08:57 AM   #497
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You don't care because you're a cheerleader. 4 Americans in foreign service can die for political purposes"

"Meh."

A Traffic Jam because of some state corruption in New Jersey?

"OMFG. Send in the Feds. We need to get to the bottom of this!"
the repubs have been beating this drum for almost a year now. Don't act like there haven't been investigations into this.if you t believe faux news over the the bipartisan report hen that just reiterates what a sheep you are.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:04 AM   #498
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
the repubs have been beating this drum for almost a year now. Don't act like there haven't been investigations into this.if you t believe faux news over the the bipartisan report hen that just reiterates what a sheep you are.
Let's just get this on record Rigsy. Do you believe the government ever covers things up?
Old 01-24-2014, 09:42 AM   #499
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Let's just get this on record Rigsy. Do you believe the government ever covers things up?
of course they do.humans.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:45 AM   #500
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
of course they do.humans.
Do you believe the embassy attack was the product of a spontaneous youtube video protest?