The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #251
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
If Obama acted like Bush did, Hillary would be getting the Presidential Medal of Freedom like Tenet and L. Paul Bremer got.
Dude, can you post something more relevant and interesting like this?

Old 05-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #252
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
^ Ah, yes. The use of attempted humor to deflect when losing an argument. Textbook.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #253
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
^ Ah, yes. The use of attempted humor to deflect when losing an argument. Textbook.
Right and what would you call the last three pages of deflection from BO to Bush........
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #254
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Then why should I feel the need to defend my position, which is that, in this particular case, you're a conspiracy theorist who is trying to stir up anti-establishment sentiment based on a bunch of vagaries, half truths, outright lies, conjecture and suspicion.

Now I'm as mistrustful of politicians as the next reasonable person, but nothing you have provided...nothing...provides even the slightest HINT at your "truth" that the is some mass global conspiracy that will result in the enslavement of the human race (by lizard people?).

Your concept of "Enslavement", if and when it occurs, occurs on an individual level, and only exists if you allow it to. People become slaves to their pocketbooks, the want for more stuff, the need to be better than their neighbor. It causes irrationality, fear, suspicion. It is a far more dangerous form of "Enslavement" than you, or any of your peers can come up with, and worse...it's real.
You can't defend your position you are asleep you have no position.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #255
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
So who ****ed up? I guess we don't care. No lessons to learn. We'll learn from our mistakes on the next one right. Maybe when a Republican is in office. It's o.k. for our government to lie to us. Let's do some spinning. The Iraq war, according to you libs, was a big lie and to this day you want head to roll. But here, meh not a big deal. Lies from a democrat taste much sweeter than from a republican.

There is the possibility this is way more than a screw up.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #256
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Tenet ****ed up and let a war happen. Bush gave him the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Bremer ****ed up as American proconsul in Iraq. Bush gave him the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Republicans reward the most colossal ****ups with medals.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #257
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Right and what would you call the last three pages of deflection from BO to Bush........
If you can show me where I've done that then you might have a point. And the comparisons to Bush aren't necessarily "deflections". They're more comparisons. Some of you guys seem to be okay with the far, far worse sin of the Bush administration. While troubling and unfortunate, this really isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. Your outrage is a bit hypocritical.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #258
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Your outrage is a bit hypocritical.
The Right's outrage is always incredibly selective.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #259
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Your outrage is a bit hypocritical.
And your lack of isn't?
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #260
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Good deflection. Heartwarming.

Okay I'll play your game. Lets assume I don't care about the troops. Lets assume everything you want to believe about me in order to pigeonhole me into your fantastic, yet somehow narrow view of the world. Lets assume I'm the worst person in the world...a liberal in-the-flesh hybrid of Dr. No, Joseph Stalin and King Herod.

How does pointing out my perceived, yet untrue, hypocrisy absolve you of your own?

Contrary to your claim, I have been quite vocal about my views on all wars. I have admitted plenty of times on this forum that, despite the majority of my family being in the military, I am for all intents and purposes a pacifist, and have endured the requisite criticisms from your ilk, including being called a p***Y and a coward. It is neither cowardly nor the sign of a weaker person to speak out against war. Being complicit, on the other hand...
So even your own brother doesn't like you. I have a great relationship with my family. Not having a good relationship with your family explains a lot about you.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #261
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

OUTRAGE! we are upset because our govt blamed us for the attacks. They blamed a stupid video and the fact Americans are not politically and religiously correct. Thats what they basically said. That video was wrong and look what happened because of it. Its such a spewing of **** that it's hard to believe it was our sec of state saying it.

And you people want her to be President? She is ****ing done. She will never be President.

You think some liberal won't use all this against her in a primary? She won't even make it to the general election. She will get Obamad again by some new Obama.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #262
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
So even your own brother doesn't like you. I have a great relationship with my family. Not having a good relationship with your family explains a lot about you.
My brother has never made any comment of the sort. Nice deflection.

"The police are going to need the help of armed citizens!"

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #263
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Right now armed citizens fending for themselves all over the country Houghtam. Police can't always get there in time and sometimes you have to take care of your own.

Not surprised you don't feel that way since you said even your own ilk don't see eye to eye with you and think you are a p***Y. BWAAAAA!
Old 05-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #264
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Right now armed citizens fending for themselves all over the country Houghtam. Police can't always get there in time and sometimes you have to take care of your own.

Not surprised you don't feel that way since you said even your own ilk don't see eye to eye with you and think you are a p***Y. BWAAAAA!
Okay. You have serious reading comprehension issues. Here is what I said:

Quote:
I am for all intents and purposes a pacifist, and have endured the requisite criticisms from your ilk, including being called a p***Y and a coward.
I was speaking to ant199e. That means his ilk. It does not mean my brother.

And I also like your mischaracterization of what I was saying about you. I have no doubt that, in limited instances, people help the police department.

I was referring to this gem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown
We can protect ourselves unless the govt takes our AR's away. Someday we may have 100 terrorists fan out with assault rifles like what happened in India. Local police would need all the help they can get.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=463

Should I post the 30 replies you got, including those from fellow conservatives, about what a colossally stupid statement this is? Or have you had sufficient shaming for today?

Old 05-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #265
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:

No it doesn't
Old 05-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #266
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

No Houghtam you also said your brother drives a hummer then b****es about gas. That means he is one of us not you. Oh and by the way my brother loves me.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #267
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
No Houghtam you also said your brother drives a hummer then b****es about gas. That means he is one of us not you. Oh and by the way my brother loves me.
You drive a Hummer and then b**** about gas? You're dumber than I thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown
We can protect ourselves unless the govt takes our AR's away. Someday we may have 100 terrorists fan out with assault rifles like what happened in India. Local police would need all the help they can get.
OOPS! Spoke too soon!
Old 05-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #268
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Actually, I don't want Hillary to be president. I don't want anybody to be president. I want the people to rise up, close down this government, hold a constitutional convention, and create a new government. In case nobody has noticed, our government is irreparably busted. It no longer works, unless you define "working" as taking bribes and serving the interests of one percent of the population. If that's the case, it works fine.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #269
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Woody Harrelson for president.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #270
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The President and Hilliary both said it was our best intell at the time. That was a ****ing outright lie and they hoped by having Rice tell it they would avoid the fallout if it went bad.

But Hilliary says what does it matter? It matters because she is a lying b**** and can never be President now.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #271
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
It’s like a man calling 911 when his house is on fire and his family is trapped inside. The Fire Chief responds with tell the fire trucks to stand down because they wouldn’t get there in time to save anyone. Oh and we will change the taking points from a house fire to a mass suicide.
Exactly! I love how the Obama administration is claiming that support wouldn't have arrived in time....my question is how did you know how long the battle would last?

Not sending in troops guaranteed it wouldn't last for long
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #272
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Obama and his team screwed up and four Americans died.

Too bad the Bush regime's screwups didn't cost only four lives.

I understand your frustration....like your stance on abortion....too bad your mother didn't abort you.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:35 AM   #273
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:40 AM   #274
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It's the little things on the Mane that make me happy. You know like when you get someone all riled up and you can make them argue about whether or not their brother loves them.

Mine by the way loves me. Houghtam I guess needs to work on the relationship with his brother. Most likely the brother was the star athlete and got all the girls and poor Houghtam was good at being a puss.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:07 AM   #275
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
It's the little things on the Mane that make me happy. You know like when you get someone all riled up and you can make them argue about whether or not their brother loves them.

Mine by the way loves me. Houghtam I guess needs to work on the relationship with his brother. Most likely the brother was the star athlete and got all the girls and poor Houghtam was good at being a puss.
The only one you are making look bad is you.