The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #101
Rolandftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
With respect, I think you are wrong about Geno. He's gonna be a great QB. He has no help from his defense or OL (which has struggled to adjust to Big 12 caliber DL).

Geno has such a good feel for the game. I think Barkley, Geno and Wilson will all have success in the NFL.
I think Geno has to work on a lot of things. Looks lost when you take away the deep route. Kid's going to have to show something the rest of the season to justify a top selection.

They could all be successful in the NFL but it doesn't usually happen that way (top 3 qb's taken all show themselves to be all-pro type players).

Obviously, KC needs to take a QB though. Pretty much anyone would be an improvement over their current situation
Old 10-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #102
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
With respect, I think you are wrong about Geno. He's gonna be a great QB. He has no help from his defense or OL (which has struggled to adjust to Big 12 caliber DL).

Geno has such a good feel for the game. I think Barkley, Geno and Wilson will all have success in the NFL.
I just don't see him working in a NFL system IMO.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #103
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
I think Geno has to work on a lot of things. Looks lost when you take away the deep route. Kid's going to have to show something the rest of the season to justify a top selection.

They could all be successful in the NFL but it doesn't usually happen that way (top 3 qb's taken all show themselves to be all-pro type players).

Obviously, KC needs to take a QB though. Pretty much anyone would be an improvement over their current situation
I think Geno has done really well on his short and intermediate routes. WVU runs a hell of a lot of them and it's worked (Steadman and Austin have looked awesome on these plays because of their awesome speed).

I think Pioli's biggest fault, aside from committing to Cassel, was passing up Andy Dalton. He had him high on his board, even one of the few QB's to come in for a pre-draft visit that year.

If Dalton is a Chief, I think the team looks completely different right now.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #104
menonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I just don't see him working in a NFL system IMO.
So you're saying a black man is too lazy to work?

RACIST!

/KCPud
Old 10-22-2012, 10:49 PM   #105
Mile High Salute

Quote:
I would take a horrible season this year if it meant getting Barkley, Geno or Wilson.

The Chiefs have problems, but by far the biggest problem on the field for this team is the QB.

Cassel accounted for more turnovers himself than 29 NFL teams through 5 games. That alone is mind boggling.

Chiefs have a nice team set up for a rookie QB. Good defense (with proper coaching) and a pretty good OL with the AFC's leading rusher. Not bad.
...and you expect to get that from Romeo Crennel??
Old 10-23-2012, 12:05 AM   #106
menonite

Unless the NFL replaces overtime with a winner take all pie eating contest, I don't see Romeo coaching any QB's to victory.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:19 AM   #107
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
...and you expect to get that from Romeo Crennel??
Actually that was meant to imply the next coach.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:33 AM   #108
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
You argue like a woman.

Take away all logic, reasoning, and discount the professional opinions of 32 teams that keep passing him by, including scouts, coaches, and the people that drafted him.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #109
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Any one else remember back during the '07 draft thread, Quinn was falling and Bob was all hot and bothered for the Chiefs to snatch him up? Well Bob, your Chiefs finally got their man. Happy?
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #110
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

c'mon Brady, boost the chefs right up into the stratosphere of mediocrity!! It's a mighty mountain to climb, but I know you're just the guy who can get kc there!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #111
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
Unless the NFL replaces overtime with a winner take all pie eating contest, I don't see Romeo coaching any QB's to victory.
Even that wouldn't work. To get to overtime would mean the Chiefs would need to be competitive during the first 4 quarters.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #112
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

with the QB talent in college right now (based on what i see all the smart college people saying anyway) it does kind of suck to have brock on the bench instead of a MLB or a safety from that same spot.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #113
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
with the QB talent in college right now (based on what i see all the smart college people saying anyway) it does kind of suck to have brock on the bench instead of a MLB or a safety from that same spot.
This QB class looks pretty good, we might be glad we drafted one this year.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #114
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

I hope Quinn lights it up the rest of the season. Barely losing the two Bronco games. Hope he becomes comeback player of the year.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #115
Agamemnon

Quote:
This QB class looks pretty good, we might be glad we drafted one this year.
Not sure how other quarterbacks from this class looking good reflects on Osweiler one way or the other, but okay.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #116
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
I hope Quinn lights it up the rest of the season. Barely losing the two Bronco games. Hope he becomes comeback player of the year.
I don't think you understand what comeback player of the year means. A guy sucking for five years and then suddenly becoming good would not qualify.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #117
menonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Not sure how other quarterbacks from this class looking good reflects on Osweiler one way or the other, but okay.
I assumethat he means that the Broncos shouldn't have spent a second round pick on a project QB this year when their appears to be better crop of QB's coming out next year that could have been chosen in the same round. Since this year was (possibly) a weaker year for QB prospects, a team like the Broncos that is in "win now" mode would have been better served to fill a position of need this year .
Old 10-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #118
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
I assumethat he means that the Broncos shouldn't have spent a second round pick on a project QB this year when their appears to be better crop of QB's coming out next year that could have been chosen in the same round. Since this year was (possibly) a weaker year for QB prospects, a team like the Broncos that is in "win now" mode would have been better served to fill a position of need this year .
The post he's responding to (dbroncos4life's) states the exact opposite. That is why agamemnon was questioning it.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #119
Rolandftw

Quote:
I think Geno has done really well on his short and intermediate routes. WVU runs a hell of a lot of them and it's worked (Steadman and Austin have looked awesome on these plays because of their awesome speed).

I think Pioli's biggest fault, aside from committing to Cassel, was passing up Andy Dalton. He had him high on his board, even one of the few QB's to come in for a pre-draft visit that year.

If Dalton is a Chief, I think the team looks completely different right now.
He's done well against teams with awful defenses, such as Baylor and Texas. As looked completely lost the last couple weeks. Really needs a good showing November 17th against OU

Yeah, passing on Dalton was stupid. Dunno why they did that; I would have took him where they took Baldwin. Don't think they're completely different, but their offense probably resembles an NFL offense at least.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #120
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
The post he's responding to (dbroncos4life's) states the exact opposite. That is why agamemnon was questioning it.
It appears that this QB class is unbelievably strong, nothing wrong with getting a guy in that class most people thought had lots of talent just needed time to develop some things. Brock's age makes the move important as well.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #121
Agamemnon

Quote:
It appears that this QB class is unbelievably strong, nothing wrong with getting a guy in that class most people thought had lots of talent just needed time to develop some things. Brock's age makes the move important as well.
Brock's youth and inexperience only serve to make him more of a lotto ticket than your average 2nd round QB. It's neither a good or bad thing per se, but it does mean his ceiling is higher and his floor is lower than your average 2nd rounder. People acting like the guy is anything but a lotto ticket our FO just had to have for some reason tickle me.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #122
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Forget about winning, for a second. The Chiefs STILL have to play with a lead, in regulation...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #123
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
Any one else remember back during the '07 draft thread, Quinn was falling and Bob was all hot and bothered for the Chiefs to snatch him up? Well Bob, your Chiefs finally got their man. Happy?
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...0&postcount=36

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...3&postcount=40

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...6&postcount=41

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...4&postcount=43

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...5&postcount=54

There's Gold in Them Thar Hills!

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #124
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
The Osweiler pick to me was a cover our asses pick. It was in case Peyton couldn't play anymore. If that happened you have a guy with a lot of potential who learns from 2 of the best ever who becomes our starter. Now that Peyton has shown himself to be what we all hoped, Osweiler can absorb like a sponge for a few years instead of being a day 1 starter with 2 great teachers like I think he would have been had Peyton not been able to go.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #125
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
The Osweiler pick to me was a cover our asses pick. It was in case Peyton couldn't play anymore. If that happened you have a guy with a lot of potential who learns from 2 of the best ever who becomes our starter. Now that Peyton has shown himself to be what we all hoped, Osweiler can absorb like a sponge for a few years instead of being a day 1 starter with 2 great teachers like I think he would have been had Peyton not been able to go.
hope you are right! I still think it was a wasted pick because of the need and pressure to win on this team. Say we could have used it on a LB? I am worried that when it's all said and done, Peyton will retire in say.. 2-4 years. What if we stink it up with him in his final season, or with Brock in his first and we are stuck with a really high draft pick that would enable us to draft a top franchise QB. Would Elway's ego allow him to bypass that talent in favor of Brock (a 4 year vet by then)?

I really think that, heaven forbid, Peyton gets injured and Brock is thrust into the fire with a team that can't run the ball... he will fail miserably.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote