The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #76
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Don't give me that crap about how just because NFL talent evaluators haven't seen something that it isn't there. Look at Warner, a backup that got cut and played Arena league. How long was Steve Young a backup? How did Brady last to the 6th round. Why did Rodgers slide into the 20s on draft day in another weak draft class where he was a possible #1 overall.

Weak draft or not, Quinn was a 1st round talent and for bad circumstances never got a shot.

And give me a break on the take Orton or Tebow's job crap. Orton is notorious for looking like Peyton during practice and then looking like Archie Manning in games so he had no chance of beating out Orton in practice. And the Tebow situation was so stacked against Quinn that he had no chance to beat out Tebow. Fans would have rioted had Quinn been named the replacement starter for Orton if it kept Tim on the bench. The calls for Orton's head weren't for a change at QB they were for Tim

This guy is mad... Over Brady Quinn.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #77
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
You argue like a woman.

Take away all logic, reasoning, and discount the professional opinions of 32 teams that keep passing him by, including scouts, coaches, and the people that drafted him.

Take away all that because maybe, just maybe, he can be the next Warner, Steve Young or Brady.

That's cute, you've got a man crush on Quinn.

Jack Nickelson in "As Good as it Gets".
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #78
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Ryan Leaf had first round talent.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #79
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Ryan Leaf had first round talent.
Because of "circumstances" he never got a shot.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #80
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
Because of "circumstances" he never got a shot.
Only had 21 starts too. Is that really enough time to judge him?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #81
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
You argue like a woman.

Take away all logic, reasoning, and discount the professional opinions of 32 teams that keep passing him by, including scouts, coaches, and the people that drafted him.

Take away all that because maybe, just maybe, he can be the next Warner, Steve Young or Brady.

That's cute, you've got a man crush on Quinn.

I'm going to ignore the woman remark as it just makes you seem ignorant and look at what I said. I said until he gets a true chance to play and grow as a player, he remains an unknown. In the NFL it is likely he is another failed 1st. rounder, but the argument that because NFL talent evaluators don't see it is bull****, because every year NFL talent evaluators are proved wrong on an annual basis. Every year forgotten or overlooked players become impact players once they get a shot to perform.

Bad mouth me all you want for my opinion, but QBs develop skills through game repetitions. You can know a playbook all through, but if you never get to work with it you won't be any good at it.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #82
DENVERDUI55

KC is tossing in the towel and hoping for Barkley.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #83
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
No way. He would be a hall of fame QB right now, if only he were given a shot.

Last edited by Lev Vyvanse; 10-22-2012 at 06:34 PM..
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #84
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
13 starts counting last weekend. And last week was his first game action in 3 years. Rust should be expected.

Edit: sorry thought this was about Quinn and not Leaf.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #85
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
He has looked scared and absolutely awful. He looked good early in his career took some hits and has played scared since.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #86
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
13 starts counting last weekend. And last week was his first game action in 3 years. Rust should be expected.
I was commenting on Leafs career starts. Sometimes you just know what you have real fast.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #87
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

For what its worth broncoman, I wanted Quinn starting over Orton.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #88
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Don't give me that crap about how just because NFL talent evaluators haven't seen something that it isn't there. Look at Warner, a backup that got cut and played Arena league. How long was Steve Young a backup? How did Brady last to the 6th round. Why did Rodgers slide into the 20s on draft day in another weak draft class where he was a possible #1 overall.

Weak draft or not, Quinn was a 1st round talent and for bad circumstances never got a shot.

And give me a break on the take Orton or Tebow's job crap. Orton is notorious for looking like Peyton during practice and then looking like Archie Manning in games so he had no chance of beating out Orton in practice. And the Tebow situation was so stacked against Quinn that he had no chance to beat out Tebow. Fans would have rioted had Quinn been named the replacement starter for Orton if it kept Tim on the bench. The calls for Orton's head weren't for a change at QB they were for Tim
Wow, I never ever thought I would here someone arguing for Quinn.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 10-22-2012 at 07:07 PM..
Old 10-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #89
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
I was commenting on Leafs career starts. Sometimes you just know what you have real fast.
I agree and most likely I am wrong and he is another bust; but the occasional start or 2 or 3 game streak ended from injury isn't really that much of a shot.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:47 PM   #90
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
For what its worth broncoman, I wanted Quinn starting over Orton.
Me too and over Tebow also. I jumped on the Tebow train with the wins, but at the start of the season wanted Quinn
Old 10-22-2012, 06:54 PM   #91
FearLanier

I would take a horrible season this year if it meant getting Barkley, Geno or Wilson.

The Chiefs have problems, but by far the biggest problem on the field for this team is the QB.

Cassel accounted for more turnovers himself than 29 NFL teams through 5 games. That alone is mind boggling.

Chiefs have a nice team set up for a rookie QB. Good defense (with proper coaching) and a pretty good OL with the AFC's leading rusher. Not bad.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #92
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
I'm going to ignore the woman remark as it just makes you seem ignorant and look at what I said. I said until he gets a true chance to play and grow as a player, he remains an unknown. In the NFL it is likely he is another failed 1st. rounder, but the argument that because NFL talent evaluators don't see it is bull****, because every year NFL talent evaluators are proved wrong on an annual basis. Every year forgotten or overlooked players become impact players once they get a shot to perform.

Bad mouth me all you want for my opinion, but QBs develop skills through game repetitions. You can know a playbook all through, but if you never get to work with it you won't be any good at it.
Compare his TD's to INTs, Woops he has one more INT than TD's!

Look at his QB Rating: 65.4 lifetime rate, anemic

Look at his Completion %: 52.9
FIFTY TWO POINT NINE!

Over 13 games (16 appearances) he only has 2114 yards passing. YAWN

Even Cassel is + on the TD to INT's over his career.

Quinn has been in the league for 5 years now, he is a journeyman backup for a reason. He is inconsistent and ****s down his leg when under pressure. He is better than the Winless Wonder but he will not suddenly blossom into being worth a 1st round pick just because he gets playing time.

Look at the one year he started the most, he was 2-7. Already this year he has Zero TD's and 2 INT's. The only thing he is better than Cassel at is mobility.

If he were worth a damn, Elway would have kept him around rather than use a 2nd round pick on a QB for insurance.

If you watch Quinn play you see bad footwork, poor grasp of the offense, inability to be accurate deep, unable to lead his WR's lots of poorly thrown balls that end up being dropped, more INT's than TD's, folds under pressure and his inconsistency.

I would say the only thing keeping him in the NFL is that he does get streaky and can make a few plays in a row but over the course of a game it is not nearly enough to win. He might get hot for a series or 2 then he disappears again for awhile until he gets it back together again. Couple the fact that he can look good for a series or 2 a game and his high draft pick status together and he is managing to bounce around the league and still collect a check a couple years after he should have been busted out.

I love the fact that KFC thinks all they need to do is make a change at QB rather than see the poor play calling, execution, lack of motivation and sub par personnel that is truly hampering their team.

I do hope they win just enough games to lose out on the best QB and or players in the draft and have to reach on another DT again this year!

Their franchise is funnier than NBC's Thursday night comedies.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #93
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I would take a horrible season this year if it meant getting Barkley, Geno or Wilson.

The Chiefs have problems, but by far the biggest problem on the field for this team is the QB.

Cassel accounted for more turnovers himself than 29 NFL teams through 5 games. That alone is mind boggling.

Chiefs have a nice team set up for a rookie QB. Good defense (with proper coaching) and a pretty good OL with the AFC's leading rusher. Not bad.
Typical bandwagon fan mentality.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #94
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

Geno Smith will set KC back 10 more years so I hope they draft him.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #95
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:

What did you get from last years horrible season?

I will say I am glad we have Von Miller on our team but that season was awful to endure and I hope we don't see anything like that for the next 5-10 years or more.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #96
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
How long before Cassel is back in NE?
As soon as he knows he did his New England duties and screw the Chiefs, he will be back with Belicheat and McDaniels to laugh it off and say, "I love how a plan comes together!" (Add the A Team gif here).
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:41 PM   #97
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

I will say I am glad we have Von Miller on our team but that season was awful to endure and I hope we don't see anything like that for the next 5-10 years or more.
Dude, that crap had not happened since something like 1982. It took over 27 years to suck that bad. Why would you expect that to happen in the next 5 or 10 years?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #98
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Dude, that crap had not happened since something like 1982. It took over 27 years to suck that bad. Why would you expect that to happen in the next 5 or 10 years?
Manning is going to retire sooner than later.

Plus I factored in 1999. I figured a team has to have a bad season every 10 years or so and with Manning due to retire with in the next 4-5 years if we are lucky that is why.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #99
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

Last year wasn't really horrible as far as the record goes. 7-9 and in the playoff race in the last game of the year doesn't really sound bad to me, even though it was far worse than the record implicated.
This year we should have a top 5 draft pick and fortunately there will be more than one quality QB to choose from.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #100
FearLanier

Quote:
Geno Smith will set KC back 10 more years so I hope they draft him.
With respect, I think you are wrong about Geno. He's gonna be a great QB. He has no help from his defense or OL (which has struggled to adjust to Big 12 caliber DL).

Geno has such a good feel for the game. I think Barkley, Geno and Wilson will all have success in the NFL.