The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
TerrElway
Pro Bowler

Default Anyone else concerned...

...about the Saints game?

Their offense has started to roll and they are starting to get coaches and players back. Everyone acts like it's a cake-walk for the Broncos from here on out but for some reason this game scares the hell right out of me.

I try to calm myself by telling myself that the Saints last two wins have been against the Chargers and Bucs but the Broncos last two wins have been against Oakland and the Chargers so, with apologies to Woody Paige and his revised prediction of 12 wins, I'm not convinced that suddenly the Orange and Blue are a juggernaut on it's way to the Super Bowl.

Please slap me back into full on homer mode oh true believers!
TerrElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

No, I'm on board with that take. The Saints are a scary bunch and are nowhere near the dumpster fire they were to start the season. Their defense is still pretty bad, however, so if we can get the run game going, we can offset that resurgent passing game.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

No, I'm with you. Saints scare the crap out of me. I'm hoping that a loud and rockin' SAF@MH will deliver for us, and that Peyton will take care of business at home, but that's far from a guarantee.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

I have no doubts that we can score on NO....I also have no doubts they can score on us...I just hope we do it more
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #5
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Completely agree. This is NOT going to be an easy game. It looks like they're starting to hit their stride a bit, even though BOTH San Diego and the Bucs have some of the worst secondary play in the league (ranked 25th and 31st against the pass). Graham is injured, but their receivers are getting healthier, and that's scary :/

I see our D doing a MUCH better job than their last two opponents, but it's Drew Fricking Brees, and THAT is the part that worries me the most.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:14 AM   #6
DENVERDUI55

If we avoid turning the ball over then I think we can beat them in a shoot out. If we turn the ball over like we have been it could be ugly.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #7
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Completely agree. This is NOT going to be an easy game. It looks like they're starting to hit their stride a bit, even though BOTH San Diego and the Bucs have some of the worst secondary play in the league (ranked 25th and 31st against the pass). Graham is injured, but their receivers are getting healthier, and that's scary :/

I see our D doing a MUCH better job than their last two opponents, but it's Drew Fricking Brees, and THAT is the part that worries me the most.
I'm not concerned with their receivers actually, I would be concerned if Jimmy Graham comes back....Number one concern: Sproles
Old 10-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Only a fool wouldn't be apprehensive about going up against Drew Brees.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #9
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
I'm not concerned with their receivers actually, I would be concerned if Jimmy Graham comes back....Number one concern: Sproles
I partially agree...yes, they've played poorly, but they're STILL ranked 1st in the league in YPG for passing. Sproles worries me, but I think there's a legit concern with their passing attack.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #10
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

All we need is for John Lynch to walk the sidelines before the game and look/point at Drew. He'll have flashbacks and go into panic mode, then unleash Von and Doom!
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #11
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

totally agreed
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #12
ElwayMD
It Stinks!

Meet the New Boss...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sammy Winder

NO will get their points. If we can keep their Offense out of rhythm we have a great chance of keeping them under 30. If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot like we have in every game but Oakland, we should be able to put 30 on them.
ElwayMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #13
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Only a fool wouldn't be apprehensive about going up against Drew Brees.
This....

And lets just face it, there really aren't any easy games in the NFL anymore.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #14
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

We can beat the Saints if we avoid mistakes. Our defense is quite a bit better than their defense and as long as Jimmy Graham is not playing the offenses are about equal.

I watched them play the Chargers and the Bucs, it is quite obvious that the way to try to stop their offense is by jamming at the line and trying to get pass rush up the middle. Brees is a master at stepping up in the pocket to avoid the pass rush from edges, so that puts a huge emphasis on getting pressure down the middle so he can't do that.

On 3rd down and in the red zone they move Colston to the slot and in that situation you REALLY need to jam him hard at the line and have your SS come down a bit to try to take away the inside stuff. They love getting Colston on those shallow routes in the key situations when they use Moore and the other guy (I forget his name) to clear out the outside coverage and force the safeties back.

On defense they have no pass rush at all, they are very aggressive against the run and really swarm so stretch plays and off tackle runs are very difficult to make against them since the entire front flows to the ball - it looks very undisciplined but I didn't see a lot of obvious chances to cut back against it. I think power running, intermediate passes in the middle and deep double move routes are going to be the ticket. Their linebackers are not good in coverage and their safeties lack the speed to make a difference, getting a reciever or TE cutting across the middle 15 to 20 yards deep looks wide open every time. Their outside cornerbacks try to play aggressively with inside leverage, so they can be beat with double moves. None of their CBs are top notch, Greer is okay and is good at using the sideline, but the rest of them are pretty bad - I am looking for Thomas to really take advantage of matching up with Patrick Robinson when he lines up on the left, he has every opportunity to make big plays from that matchup.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #15
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Coach Manning has two weeks to prepare for the Saints. We got this...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #16
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

They like to throw the ball down field a lot it seems. Hopefully Von Doom can keep getting pressure. Their offense seems to be clicking now. We can't afford any stupid turnovers.
maher_tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #17
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
I partially agree...yes, they've played poorly, but they're STILL ranked 1st in the league in YPG for passing. Sproles worries me, but I think there's a legit concern with their passing attack.
Oh I am concerned with the passing....the passing to Sproles. The Saints have played weak pass defenses all year, and played from behind. I think Champ, Porter and Harris can match up with the WR, we have no one matching against the passes to the RBs.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #18
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Yep with Brees passing I completely agree. We cannot get behind like we have been because it will be much more than 24-0 at halftime.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #19
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Coach Manning has two weeks to prepare for the Saints. We got this...
This. Rested, healthy players with 2 weeks to prepare. I'll take the Broncos even at -6.

And it goes without saying that you shouldnt turn the ball over. A bunch of Idiots on here. Thats like saying... we're going to win as long as the bus taking the team there doesnt break down. Or if everyone doesn't get food poisoning the night before.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #20
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Agreed w/most posters here.

Not abnormal to be a little worried about a Drew Brees/Darren Sproles led offense.

I don't think yesterday's game gave me anymore need for concern, though. We knew what they were capable of.

If anything, I'd be more worried if they were coming in 1-4, 1-5, 0-6 and desperate for a win. We have a solid team. I really believe that.

If we play our best, and NO plays their best, I think we should win. It's been a few years since I actually believed that was the case, but John Elway & Peyton Manning have me believing it again.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #21
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
I have no doubts that we can score on NO....I also have no doubts they can score on us...I just hope we do it more
It will be all about stupid turnovers ie. switching ball to different hand. I will love to see us play the 1st half against a good team like we did waaaaaay back in preseason against the 49ers. It is a home game and would love to see us get the home field advantage back in Denver.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #22
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

If they come out flat like they have been in the first half then it could be too hard to catch up with Brees and co., so they better play lights out from the beginning

The question is can they?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #23
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

Always worried when an offense like the Saints come to Town. They can light up the scoreboard, but Peyton has to be licking his chops waiting for the Saints D to come to Town. They are awful. No turnovers and TD's not FG in the redzone and we should be ok.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #24
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Aints comin off a bye almost lost to TB..color me unimpressed.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #25
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
This. Rested, healthy players with 2 weeks to prepare. I'll take the Broncos even at -6.

And it goes without saying that you shouldnt turn the ball over. A bunch of Idiots on here. Thats like saying... we're going to win as long as the bus taking the team there doesnt break down. Or if everyone doesn't get food poisoning the night before.
Why even talk about it then. Just say whoever scores more points will win.