The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #26
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

As we saw last week, I think this guy is going to be huge for our special teams....and I like how they are beginning to involve him some on offense. Not saying we need to get him 5 touches on offense or anything but I certainly like the idea of lining him up in the backfield once or twice on some flare passes or screens, and maybe once or twice as a WR for some bubble screens or something. The idea, get the ball in hands fast, let this dude crank up the YAC and maybe even get a TD. Even if the defense reads the screen or swing pass, he's so fast he's going to get to the corner and get at least 5-10 yards. Yet another thing the opposing defense has to account for.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #27
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
As we saw last week, I think this guy is going to be huge for our special teams....and I like how they are beginning to involve him some on offense. Not saying we need to get him 5 touches on offense or anything but I certainly like the idea of lining him up in the backfield once or twice on some flare passes or screens, and maybe once or twice as a WR for some bubble screens or something. The idea, get the ball in hands fast, let this dude crank up the YAC and maybe even get a TD. Even if the defense reads the screen or swing pass, he's so fast he's going to get to the corner and get at least 5-10 yards. Yet another thing the opposing defense has to account for.

Based on what has been said here about Hillman, I'd think he could take that role but hey, variety is the spice of life.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #28
canadianbroncosfan

Surprisingly (for the Mane) reading back to last months posts there was a lot of support to give Holliday more chances. In no way am I saying we shouldn't have given him another shot after the Chargers game, just surprised that this thread didn't get flooded with negative nancy's calling for him to be cut.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #29
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Let's thank the lord this guy isn't in charge of our ST.
For that matter anything to do with the Broncos.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #30
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

I'd like to see him carry with more ball security in mind. As small as he is the defender are not trying to tackle him as much as strip the ball. Lots of grabs at his arms as he wings it by them.

Not to mention kick his ass if he ever pulls the celebration stuff again. Act like he has been there before and that he plans on coming back real soon.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote