The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 06:51 AM   #1
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default The Chargers only scored on 1 drive when they started in their own territory.

Manning is fantastic, but let's not take away from the defense, who was put into some horrible positions on special teams. Really, if we aren't being idiots, this game is a blow out.

The Chargers fumbled four times and two they somehow managed to recover. The other two we recovered and scored on one.

We also picked Rivers four times and scored on one of those.

Rivers had amazing field position and even the one drive they scored from their own territory was great field position.

Honestly, if Decker doesn't fall down, and our special team doesn't turn the ball over twice, this game isn't even close.

This was a defensive win as much as a Manning win.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2012, 06:58 AM   #2
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Our second half adjustments have been pretty awesome so far this year.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
It was the first half too, though. They turn the ball over twice in our own redzone and hold them to ten points. They had one scoring drive and then the pick six. Really the defense held them to 17 under probably the worst circumstances you could ask for.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:13 AM   #4
Agamemnon

Turnovers are what are are killing us. I think this defense is honestly pretty solid despite the constant b****ing on this board, but the constant fumbling is a nightmare.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #5
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Manning is fantastic, but let's not take away from the defense, who was put into some horrible positions on special teams. Really, if we aren't being idiots, this game is a blow out.

The Chargers fumbled four times and two they somehow managed to recover. The other two we recovered and scored on one.

We also picked Rivers four times and scored on one of those.

Rivers had amazing field position and even the one drive they scored from their own territory was great field position.

Honestly, if Decker doesn't fall down, and our special team doesn't turn the ball over twice, this game isn't even close.
Astute observation.
This was a defensive win as much as a Manning win.
Astute observation.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:55 AM   #6
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Turnovers are what are are killing us. I think this defense is honestly pretty solid despite the constant b****ing on this board, but the constant fumbling is a nightmare.
I totally agree. Our D has gaps, as exposed in the Pats game, but no where near as bad as people make it out to be.

It is the turnover battle, and yesterday our D won the turnover battle to make up for our Special Teams blunders.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #7
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Yes, it's true.

Third down conversion % also improved. The turnovers really screwed the defense but I doubt we have another game where the STs turns over the ball twice in one half.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #8
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
I totally agree. Our D has gaps, as exposed in the Pats game, but no where near as bad as people make it out to be.

It is the turnover battle, and yesterday our D won the turnover battle to make up for our Special Teams blunders.
Our D had it's struggles in that game (as pretty much any defense would when facing a hurry-up offense all day), but even that game was heavily influenced by losing the turnover differential yet again (-2).
Old 10-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #9
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I always thought that was Jack DelRio's "thing" for years in Jacksonville!

Their second half defense was always tough to score on!!

Last edited by GoBroncos DownUnder; 10-16-2012 at 08:24 AM..
GoBroncos DownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #10
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

We haven't given up a point in the fourth quarter since week 1.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #11
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It was the first half too, though. They turn the ball over twice in our own redzone and hold them to ten points. They had one scoring drive and then the pick six. Really the defense held them to 17 under probably the worst circumstances you could ask for.
I was thinking more about the whole year. I agree with you they played well all day for the most part.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #12
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Welcome to fantasyland.........................3rd and 17, 3rd and 15, 3rd and 14....etc, etc.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #13
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Brooking made a few plays...which is good, but missed an open-field tackle.

He wasn't spectacular, but played a little bit better than Mays, and aligned the Defense well. Still need D.J., and a new MLB next year.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #14
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post

He wasn't spectacular, but played a little bit better than Mays, and aligned the Defense well. Still need D.J., and a new MLB next year.
Brooking seems to do a good job keeping the rest of the defense oriented and in position to make plays even if he struggles to do it himself once the ball is snapped. After watching the confused look on the faces of a number of young defenders against the Pats that talent alone makes it worth keeping him on the field.

It was nice to see Danny out there a little bit at LB - he seemed to do pretty well I thought. I'll have to review those specific plays. Nate Irving even made a few nice plays when Von had to step out.
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #15
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I know that going into the game last night we had a score of 58-8 in the 4th quarter, which was the best point differential of any team in any quarter this year - obviously we managed to pad that stat yesterday.

This team needs to be ready to play from the whistle, early mistakes killed us last night, they killed us against Atlanta and against Houston. The only reasonably complete games we have played were against Pittsburgh and Oakland. If we are ready to play and stop making careless mistakes we can run away with this division and challenge seriously for a playoff bye.

The defense is playing some pretty good football when they can dictate the game, when we get behind and the other team can get creative we are just not able to shut down the way we have to do.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #16
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post

I am pretty sure that our starting MLB and WLB next season are not currently on the roster. Mays have proven conclusively he is not up to it and the coaches have seen it, Irving looks like a decent SLB and Trevathan has shown a few flashes. I think we will be looking long and hard for an athletic well sized instinctive cover MLB and possibly a WLB as well. The FA market is looking slim at best when it comes to 43 linebackers so I wouldn't be surprised to see a LB in the first round.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote