The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 05:28 AM   #26
HorseHead
Ring of Famer
 
HorseHead's Avatar
 
Stay thirsty my friends..

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,377

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay
Default

Wish we had him now? Hell yes...

He used Fido's pee? I wonder if he tested positive for snausages..
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:09 AM   #27
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
Wish we had him now? Hell yes...

He used Fido's pee? I wonder if he tested positive for snausages..
He did not use animal urine, lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:28 AM   #28
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,566

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

I don't want him in my community if he's going to drive around drunk. Football is secondary.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:33 AM   #29
Broncomutt
Looking for
 
Broncomutt's Avatar
 
the Sunflower Samurai

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Waxhaw, NC
Posts: 1,255
Default

We've been getting scorched on 3rd and forever for years now, I don't get why people think having DJ back is suddenly going to reverse that. I remember McNabb absolutely blowing DJs doors off on a 3rd and 33 play a few years back.

I can't stand Mays, but at least his suspension was related to ferocity on the field.
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:51 AM   #30
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
I don't want him in my community if he's going to drive around drunk. Football is secondary.
In a Hummvee no less
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #31
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,406

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Te'o is out of reach in the draft.
Hopefully
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:17 AM   #32
~Crash~
My new dog
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper
Default

if we are wishing lol Dawkins
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:19 AM   #33
~Crash~
My new dog
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper
Default

I wonder if he is feeling better ?
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #34
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: St Augustine, FL
Posts: 7,115

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Miss DJ? Only if he's replacing Mays. WWIII has done a good job of replacing DJ's production.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #35
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,459
Default

DJ is still a very strong player - we need him bad. It's a real pity he was such a moron.. repeatedly.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #36
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,176

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

I wish DJ was playing...

in Houston.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #37
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
He did not use animal urine, lol
He really did.

"Their absence in the sample caused testers to conclude that Williams had provided non-human urin"

http://blogs.denverpost.com/crime/20...ocuments/4168/
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #38
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,406

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
He really did.

"Their absence in the sample caused testers to conclude that Williams had provided non-human urin"

http://blogs.denverpost.com/crime/20...ocuments/4168/
I thought it was part synthetic, part simian?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:15 AM   #39
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Hopefully
I'm sure you have looked at some of the MLB prospects coming out this year, outside of Te'o I don't see a three down MLB in the draft at the moment giving their current skill sets. None who will make a day one impact as a three down player...
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:21 AM   #40
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I'm sure you have looked at some of the MLB prospects coming out this year, outside of Te'o I don't see a three down MLB in the draft at the moment giving their current skill sets. None who will make a day one impact as a three down player...
He's saying that he's hoping the Broncos will have a good enough record the Teo will be out of reach.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #41
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
He's saying that he's hoping the Broncos will have a good enough record the Teo will be out of reach.
I Understand, I was hoping to stir some conversation about prospects and that no matter where we finish, we need to address MLB. I have looked ahead at Free Agents, and unless we lure Urlacher over, we better grab Te'o no matter where we are! There aren't quality free agent MLBs, or MLB draft prospects.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #42
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,189

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Dumb question.......does the bye week count towards his nine weeks?

Or does he have to miss nine GAMES?

Yes....I asked.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #43
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 7,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I Understand, I was hoping to stir some conversation about prospects and that no matter where we finish, we need to address MLB. I have looked ahead at Free Agents, and unless we lure Urlacher over, we better grab Te'o no matter where we are! There aren't quality free agent MLBs, or MLB draft prospects.
I think a few draft prospects would be upgrades for us...maybe not superstars in the making, but Guys like Skov, Niko Johnson or Minter could be productive in the pros.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #44
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,406

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Dumb question.......does the bye week count towards his nine weeks?

Or does he have to miss nine GAMES?

Yes....I asked.
Games
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #45
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Go Avs!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 44,504

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

The truth is that DJ is a mutated dog. It's the secret of the ooze.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #46
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,406

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I'm sure you have looked at some of the MLB prospects coming out this year, outside of Te'o I don't see a three down MLB in the draft at the moment giving their current skill sets. None who will make a day one impact as a three down player...
Who needs to cover? Let's get 11 pass rush specialist and rush them all at the QB every play!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

/Elway
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #47
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,228

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
I think a few draft prospects would be upgrades for us...maybe not superstars in the making, but Guys like Skov, Niko Johnson or Minter could be productive in the pros.
I would take CJ Mosley in a heart beat.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #48
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,406

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

All seriousness, I'd like to see us grab Mauti (maybe being somewhat homer) in the 2nd.

Good size, great leverage and play in traffic. Very good at diagnosing plays. He's slow (and has had surgery on both knees), but he can make plays in passing lanes.

Oh he's also crazy high-character.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #49
menonite
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Who needs to cover? Let's get 11 pass rush specialist and rush them all at the QB every play!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

/Elway
That's just crazy talk...let's get 11 "quarterbacks of the future" and sit them on the bench every play!

/Elway
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #50
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,406

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
That's just crazy talk...let's get 11 "quarterbacks of the future" and sit them on the bench every play!

/Elway
All will warm up for a Hail Mary that will never come.

/Fox and McCoy
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Denver Broncos