The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #101
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Nice signing!
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #102
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
How do we get this guy involved in our offense?
Ummm, we don't. Last time I checked, our offense wasn't short on playmakers. Why risk having the guy getting hurt out there if he's not needed? He's infinitely more valuable returning kicks..
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #103
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Do we have the best return unit in the NFL? Anyone have stats on this?
SeedReaver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #104
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Ummm, we don't. Last time I checked, our offense wasn't short on playmakers. Why risk having the guy getting hurt out there if he's not needed? He's infinitely more valuable returning kicks..
Says you sir. Unless the guy is a QB or kicker, the "risk getting hurt" argument is whack. These guys are football players. You see the punishment Welker and all the other small receivers take? There's no reason the Sprint Champion cant run a sweep or catch a few screens a game. Then once he breaks a couple he's the perfect opposite side decoy.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #105
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Says you sir. Unless the guy is a QB or kicker, the "risk getting hurt" argument is whack. These guys are football players. You see the punishment Welker and all the other small receivers take? There's no reason the Sprint Champion cant run a sweep or catch a few screens a game. Then once he breaks a couple he's the perfect opposite side decoy.
I remember cringing every time Rod Smith went out for PR. Always thought that was a terrible idea. So I'm not sure if the reverse is a good idea either. Although it's obviously a different question.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #106
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
How do we get this guy involved in our offense?
We dont
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #107
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Yes says me, as do all of our coaches seeing as how he hasn't seen a single snap of offense. Looks like you are alone on this one. Some people might consider that a red flag, I'm guessing you'll take it and run with it as a merit badge.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #108
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
We dont
Yeah, at this point I'd say prolong his career and help him and the team out by allowing him to hone his craft at KR/PR. Less time on the field means less chance for the little guy to injure himself... also allows him to focus on the jugs machine practicing ball security.

Take away the fumble risk, and we seriously might have the next Duante Hall/Josh Cribbs/Devin Hester.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #109
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
We dont
Quoted for truth...

Holliday's role is returning kicks. There is no reason to get him involved in other facets of the game. The Bears tried to do that with Devin Hester, with mediocre results. Leave Holliday where he is...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #110
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
Yeah, at this point I'd say prolong his career and help him and the team out by allowing him to hone his craft at KR/PR. Less time on the field means less chance for the little guy to injure himself... also allows him to focus on the jugs machine practicing ball security.

Take away the fumble risk, and we seriously might have the next Duante Hall/Josh Cribbs/Devin Hester.
Might? He's had 5 returns for TD's in how many games? 17? I'd say hes on par with those dudes as a returner.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #111
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Quoted for truth...

Holliday's role is returning kicks. There is no reason to get him involved in other facets of the game. The Bears tried to do that with Devin Hester, with mediocre results. Leave Holliday where he is...

Agreed. But in regards to fwf's point.....

55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #112
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Agreed. But in regards to fwf's point.....

So im stupid for suggesting that we get a playmaker more touches because you think he might get injured? I'm assuming you think because of his size he's more likely to get hurt? If you want to make that argument then fine, but if your argument is to just "save" his talents for kickoffs and punts then you're way off. I guess I just come more from the Herm Edwards school than the John Fox one
Old 09-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #113
menonite

No, you're stupid because you start threads claiming to have "inside info" becasue you were butthurt over getting a temp ban.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #114
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Trindon has a high risk/reward ratio. He could go 81 yards for a score at anytime. He could field a punt at the one and fumble it. And he would need to become part of the regular offense to take advantage of his skills. You create a package play or two for him, defenses will know the likelyhood he's getting the ball is high.

So he's fine on PR and KR.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #115
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Trindon has a high risk/reward ratio. He could go 81 yards for a score at anytime. He could field a punt at the one and fumble it. And he would need to become part of the regular offense to take advantage of his skills. You create a package play or two for him, defenses will know the likelyhood he's getting the ball is high.

So he's fine on PR and KR.

Or he becomes the ultimate decoy. Am i stupid to think Holliday couldnt get behind most corners in this league in man? The guy has OLYIMPIC SPEED!!!

From his wiki:

He demonstrated his sprinting ability in the 100-meter dash at the 2007 USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships, where he recorded 10.07 seconds in the final ahead of Walter Dix and second only to Tyson Gay

At the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championship later that year he set a personal record in the semifinals and finished runner-up in the final to Walter Dix. The following year he took third in the 100 m NCAA final and anchored the 4100-meter relay team to victory in 38.42 seconds the fastest collegiate time that year.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #116
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Or he becomes the ultimate decoy. Am i stupid to think Holliday couldnt get behind most corners in this league in man? The guy has OLYIMPIC SPEED!!!

From his wiki:

He demonstrated his sprinting ability in the 100-meter dash at the 2007 USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships, where he recorded 10.07 seconds in the final ahead of Walter Dix and second only to Tyson Gay

At the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championship later that year he set a personal record in the semifinals and finished runner-up in the final to Walter Dix. The following year he took third in the 100 m NCAA final and anchored the 4100-meter relay team to victory in 38.42 seconds the fastest collegiate time that year.
To me he would be more a decoy than anything. Fake a bubble screen to him, hand the ball off on a delay to Moreno or something else.
But seriously, we have 2 Pro Bowl WR's, a solid #3 guy in Decker, a promising TE in Thomas, why bring a questionable guy on the field?
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #117
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

This is not the Chip Kelly offense people. We are not a scheme based high tempo matchup issues offense that Holliday would thrive playing a limited role.

This is an execution based option scheme where we do it better than you can defend it scheme. That means Peyton has to trust you to do your job every play and you have to do it better than the guy next to you. Holliday is not that kind of WR/RB. He is a speed guy, not a beat the guy across from you in everything kind of guy.

Inserting a few plays to take advantage of his speed element is not a bad idea at all, it would keep the opposing defenses honest with their film preparation. However, he has no real role in this kind of offense and we are still scoring 40+ points a game right now. Why role something like that out early in the season? If you were going to do it, wait until the playoffs so it is a new look the defense will have never seen.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #118
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
So im stupid for suggesting that we get a playmaker more touches because you think he might get injured? I'm assuming you think because of his size he's more likely to get hurt? If you want to make that argument then fine, but if your argument is to just "save" his talents for kickoffs and punts then you're way off. I guess I just come more from the Herm Edwards school than the John Fox one
No. You're not stupid. I just thought that was a good opportunity for me to use that video.....since others were starting to point out that they thought Holliday at WR was a bad idea.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #119
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
This is not the Chip Kelly offense people...
I digress, but care to opine on that offense? Sustainable?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #120
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I digress, but care to opine on that offense? Sustainable?
It is sustainable, as long as they can keep Vick Healthy. And, we all know how easy that is to do

The thing is it will get harder to defend the later in the season it sustains. Defenses get worn late in the year and it becomes one on one matchups. Which that offense can really exploit. I just find it hard to not MAKE the QB run every time and hit his ass every time as well. I would blitz like a mother and play all read option plays for the QB to keep it. I would rather go down swinging and pounding than the thousand cuts of death WAS rolled out week one....

I want to get physical and hit those guys and make them work on the OL a little more than SD and WAS did to date.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #121
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Defenses get worn late in the year...
Won't their O-line possibly wear down some as well? And no faith in Foles running a modified version of that offense?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #122
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Trindon has a high risk/reward ratio. He could go 81 yards for a score at anytime. He could field a punt at the one and fumble it.
Welker showed he can muff/fumble at the goal line, too. If I understand correctly, the reason Houston cut Trindon was over fumbling -- but it seems that he has done a better job holding on to the ball for us than he did with them. Has he turned the ball over since the game at SD last year? I can't remember one albeit I'm obviously not counting the premature touchdown drop at Carolina since he got away with it.

Hopefully it's that he has improved his ball security and not just luck.
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #123
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Won't their O-line possibly wear down some as well? And no faith in Foles running a modified version of that offense?
The OL benefits from not running all over the place on sweeps and power a lot. As for Foles, he lacks the traditional mobility let alone the legs to play that fast. Chip Kelly said the same thing...
Old 09-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #124
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
The OL benefits from not running all over the place on sweeps and power a lot. As for Foles, he lacks the traditional mobility let alone the legs to play that fast. Chip Kelly said the same thing...
Which is why I was surprised Barkley was drafted by the Eagles.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #125
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Bump for some Trindon love.

Dude has 4 TD's in his last 5 games (2 of those in a playoff game when it counts the most). Impressive.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote