The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #51
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Great signing! This kid will break one if he gets enough chances.
Bump for Ham rep!
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #52
Bacchus

I loved the fact he is playing offense now!!!

Denver now has a playmaker at the RB position!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #53
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

I didn't go thru the whole thread, but does anybody know why Houston released him?
They must have a heck of a guy that took his job because Holliday can fly and is pretty good at reading the blocks. Another hell of a gem found by Elway and the FO.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #54
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
I didn't go thru the whole thread, but does anybody know why Houston released him?
They must have a heck of a guy that took his job because Holliday can fly and is pretty good at reading the blocks. Another hell of a gem found by Elway and the FO.
My guess would be that was for stupid **** like tossing the football before you cross the line of scrimmage. Here's hoping he smartens up as a player, because he is an amazing athlete.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #55
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

How was this kid not on a roster? He looks way too good at this to have gotten this lucky on him. He's a real weapon now and other teams will have to kick away from him pretty soon. It really screws with your punt game when you start asking the punter to keep the ball away from the returner.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #56
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Yeah can a coach get in this kid's ear and tell him to cut that tossing the ball away **** immediatly?
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #57
TNF
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

At least on today's TD he kept running full speed until the stupid toss-away. Last week he slowed down at the ten yard line to look back and gloat. In other words, he's improving.
TNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #58
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
My guess would be that was for stupid **** like tossing the football before you cross the line of scrimmage. Here's hoping he smartens up as a player, because he is an amazing athlete.
Maybe, but that is easy to fix. During film study this week, I am sure that coaches- and players alike-- will give him **** for that. He does it again, and Fox won't hesitate to sit him and put Leonard back there to teach him a lesson.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #59
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Holliday was outstanding today, 44 yards on 2 kick returns and 125 yards on punt returns and 1 reception for 15 yards.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #60
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Maybe, but that is easy to fix. During film study this week, I am sure that coaches- and players alike-- will give him **** for that. He does it again, and Fox won't hesitate to sit him and put Leonard back there to teach him a lesson.
I'm not saying it can't be fixed. I'm just guessing at why Houston released him. His lackadaisical way of starting returns might have driven them crazy too.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #61
nyuk nyuk

I'm wondering how long a guy that small will last.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #62
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
He sucks as a KR. I sure hope he is a better CB.
Bolden sucks at CB also. He dropped a pretty easy INT in the back of the endzone.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #63
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
I'm not saying it can't be fixed. I'm just guessing at why Houston released him. His lackadaisical way of starting returns might have driven them crazy too.
I noticed that too, but because he started having success with it, I just thought he was reading his blocks. Anyway, as long as he doesn't fumble and gets clean catches, i am very happy with him.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #64
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I have said this in a couple other Holliday threads,

If he keeps executing in practice and on gameday's he will work himself into the offense.

He cannot flip the ball into the endzone though. He has to stop celebrating until AFTER he scores, that could have hurt if it was a close game. He also started celebrating on his 1st TD return 2 weeks ago.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #65
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
I also think he is just taking time to setup his blocks. You can tell people who execute by their patience and ability to see things before they happen.

If he cleans up the mental errors he will be a great steal.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #66
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I also think he is just taking time to setup his blocks. You can tell people who execute by their patience and ability to see things before they happen.

If he cleans up the mental errors he will be a great steal.
I wasn't commenting on the matter one way or the other, just pointing out that his style of returning would drive some coaches bat-**** crazy.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #67
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

He got released because some team was sniffing around one of the texans PS o-lineman. They wanted to keep that Ol guy and cut trindon so they could put the Ol on the active 53 roster.

Why they chose trindon instead of some other guy? They said he had ball security issues and would not fair catch or would try to field punts at inappropriate times. They said he was forcing it. He doesn't need to force here because JL can only get 5 yards on a return anyway.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #68
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
He got released because some team was sniffing around one of the texans PS o-lineman. They wanted to keep that Ol guy and cut trindon so they could put the Ol on the active 53 roster.

Why they chose trindon instead of some other guy? They said he had ball security issues and would not fair catch or would try to field punts at inappropriate times. They said he was forcing it. He doesn't need to force here because JL can only get 5 yards on a return anyway.
They are right about both issues. He had a brain fart last week when he didn't cover the free kick on a kick off and he had the muff on his 1st PR attempt.

He needs to keep the mental errors down and protect the ball, if he can do that he will be special in this league.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #69
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

I thought they were trying to shuffle him to the practice squad after the Cushing injury? They got stuck trying to bring in the LB replacement, and shuffle Trindon to the PS. Maybe I heard that wrong.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #70
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

The best pickup off the waiver wire this season? The guy has played what 4 games and has two TD returns.

He repeatedly setup the offense with great field position. It's hilarious that for years we kept drafting for a guy that could also return kicks (Dwill, Hixon, etc etc) and we just pick a stud returner for nothing off another team!
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #71
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

He needs to hold onto the ball until he's well into the endzone. Both touchdowns he's had he's let go of the ball right at the goalline. Just hold it for 2 steps more!
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #72
XXXII&III
Pro Bowler

He told one of our local reporters that Fox told him, "next time you cross the goal line you bring me the ball."
XXXII&III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #73
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXII&III View Post
He told one of our local reporters that Fox told him, "next time you cross the goal line you bring me the ball."
I hope he has the chance to do that.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #74
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Doubt it. That's his method, and clearly it works for him. He has space, id rather him survey the landscape rather than just running.

If i recall, when Cushing went down, they needed a back up linebacker or something. They cut Holliday to make room. He may have some ball security issues, and a team like the Texans who are so efficient on offense dont wanna deal with it, but the guy is electric. Not to mention, we dont use him in likely fair catch situations.

But please just hold on to the ball through the end zone
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #75
jutang
Perennial Pro-bowler

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...d-line-gets-td

Coaches really need to hammer this home to him. That would have been a Leon Lett type gaffe. Replay officials got lazy on this one.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote