The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: grade demaryius
A: Numbers speak for themselves 18 13.85%
B: Good so far, too many damn fumbles 73 56.15%
C: Hold on to the damn ball, D. Less drops too. 36 27.69%
D: Misleading numbers, he's the #1 WR by default 3 2.31%
F: **** DONNIE, You had one job! 0 0%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2012, 11:56 PM   #101
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
What's funny is DT and Miller are playing the best on the whole team. Minus any OL that I do not pay attention to.
Absolutely YES
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #102
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Another great post by Mediator12.... some posters make me a smarter football fan, and he's at the top of the list. (along with the boys on the OM podcast, of course)

/thread with that post, IMO
Absolutely not. DT has not played avg this season.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #103
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Lets enlighten the people

Game one: 7 targets, 5 receptions
Game two: 11 targets, 8 receptions
Game three: 11 targets, 3 receptions
Game four: 6 targets, 5 receptions (+ one huge fumble)
Game five: 11 targets, 9 receptions (+ one huge fumble)

Other than game three, he's done a damn good job catching the ball. Drastically changed the game on the first drive? It's 0-0. No team is winning or losing.

Two of the three fumbles can be considered long punts since they were big plays that lost the ball/and yes also missed opportunities. Were the turnovers game killers? The 3rd fumble I believe was at the end of the falcons game(tossing the ball around to score a TD on the last play)?

He's been a hell of a player this year. Can he get better? Sure!
I think Mediator12's point is that the positive impact plays have been canceled out by the negative impact plays to date, and that a fair assessment of his complete games (not just plays where he's targeted, but all plays) shows a player who can occasionally be a negative when on the field.

Am I glad he's on our team? Absolutely.
Do I think his arrow is pointing upward? Absolutely.
Is he grading out as an A or B in the first five games of this season? Probably not (objectively speaking)
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:37 AM   #104
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
I think Mediator12's point is that the positive impact plays have been canceled out by the negative impact plays to date, and that a fair assessment of his complete games (not just plays where he's targeted, but all plays) shows a player who can occasionally be a negative when on the field.

Am I glad he's on our team? Absolutely.
Do I think his arrow is pointing upward? Absolutely.
Is he grading out as an A or B in the first five games of this season? Probably not (objectively speaking)
Yes, we have a disagree in opinions. I've already responded to it and I don't agree with him.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #105
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Bump
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #106
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Right?!? I don't see how anyone could even consider giving him a C. That's just silly. A B? Okay, understandable. But a C means average and he's way above average. Come on, people. I give anyone who gives him a C or lower an F. You've failed at logic and reasoning.
What he said!!!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #107
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Through five weeks he was a C. Pretty much after that an A+. His growth was amazing and I love watching him play.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #108
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
GOAT
I say important things... never enough credit.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #109
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

I mean... boner on those TDs
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #110
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Tsunami View Post
30 catches, 513 yards, 2 TD
Projected: 96 catches, 1,642 yards, 6 TD

misleading? accurate portrayal of his talents? where does he stand among all WR's?
Came close 94 rec 1,434 yds 10 tds
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #111
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Just wanna say DT should have a huge year amongst the 3 headed monster.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #112
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

There is nothing wrong with this thread. DT was a raw prospect who came out of a primarily running offense and then had to play in a primarily running offense. His first five games were a mixed bag of big plays and big mistakes. It has taken some time and repetition and I still don't think he's reached his potential yet. I would still give him a C for those first five games. This is like saying it was stupid Rod Smith wasn't starting right out of college because he turned into an amazing receiver.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:08 AM   #113
Bacchus

What Mediator said....... the guy is a god.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #114
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

We all know DT has talent, when he cut out making mistakes he was downright outstanding last season. And, he became a Playmaker as the year progressed. DT finished much better on the year according to DYAR and DVOA. He did improve his focus and play by play value. DYAR is total value of a Player, while DVOA measures the impact of the plays they made across the league.

He finished 3rd in DYAR and Decker finished just slightly behind with 4th in DYAR! Decker did finish higher in DVOA as he ranked 8th and DT finished 13th. Stokely finished 2cd in DVOA as well. Meaning Stokely had the 2cd highest value per play in the NFL last season! Amazing what Manning did with quality WR's last year.

Now, they have Welker instead of Stokely! Welker was 19th in DYAR and 30th in DVOA last season. He did all the short work for Brady and only caught 6 TD passes on 175 targets. However, he did NOT have 2 pro-bowl caliber WR's requiring Deep outside coverage to help him last season. He had 2 inside seam guys in Gronk and Hernandez so the safety help was always there when he caught a bunch of short and intermediate routes. Manning is the best in the league in finding the open guy no matter what. Brady relies a lot more on the intricacy of the scheme and works matchups more.

The hard part of this is all of DEN's WR numbers may drop as Manning spreads the ball around, but their total value and Value per play may still be tops in the league IMHO. Especially, if they can run the ball inside and force teams out of 2 deep safeties all the time.

Just real Glad Welker is here. BAL took DT out for most of the Playoff game, and if anyone tries that this year Welker and Decker will have a Reggie Wayne on Roc Alexander type of field day in single coverage.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #115
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
We all know DT has talent, when he cut out making mistakes he was downright outstanding last season. And, he became a Playmaker as the year progressed. DT finished much better on the year according to DYAR and DVOA. He did improve his focus and play by play value. DYAR is total value of a Player, while DVOA measures the impact of the plays they made across the league.

He finished 3rd in DYAR and Decker finished just slightly behind with 4th in DYAR! Decker did finish higher in DVOA as he ranked 8th and DT finished 13th. Stokely finished 2cd in DVOA as well. Meaning Stokely had the 2cd highest value per play in the NFL last season! Amazing what Manning did with quality WR's last year.

Now, they have Welker instead of Stokely! Welker was 19th in DYAR and 30th in DVOA last season. He did all the short work for Brady and only caught 6 TD passes on 175 targets. However, he did NOT have 2 pro-bowl caliber WR's requiring Deep outside coverage to help him last season. He had 2 inside seam guys in Gronk and Hernandez so the safety help was always there when he caught a bunch of short and intermediate routes. Manning is the best in the league in finding the open guy no matter what. Brady relies a lot more on the intricacy of the scheme and works matchups more.

The hard part of this is all of DEN's WR numbers may drop as Manning spreads the ball around, but their total value and Value per play may still be tops in the league IMHO. Especially, if they can run the ball inside and force teams out of 2 deep safeties all the time.

Just real Glad Welker is here. BAL took DT out for most of the Playoff game, and if anyone tries that this year Welker and Decker will have a Reggie Wayne on Roc Alexander type of field day in single coverage.
Ya but what does Med. say?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #116
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post

Can you imagine if OJ Thomas comes on to be the next Shannon Sharpe...
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #117
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I don't know if I'm the only one that noticed, but in that first game, DT looked beefier in his upper body than last year.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote