The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Who still wants to move Franklin to G?

PFF has Franklin rated as the #1 RT in the league.

Clady is the #7 LT
Beadles is the #7 LG
Walton is the #6 C
Ramirez is the #18 RG

I guess knowing what you're supposed to be doing is helpful to an OL.

In case anyone isn't familiar with PFF, this isn't just someone's opinion. They break down every play, looking at the responsibilities of each player and determining how well each player is doing what they are asked to do.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

The Manning effect...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #3
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The Manning effect...
The Well Known Manning Effect.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Franklin has made amazing improvement with his footwork. He's the best offensive lineman on the team. If Kuper can come back at 100% this is the best line in the whole league. Hell even Walton looks to be really improved.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #5
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Clady is going to be a very rich man
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #6
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Yeah that is the Manning effect! He gets the ball out alot quicker than Tebow and Orton who don't get rid of the ball at all!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #7
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Franklin has been absolutely solid, he has held up against the pass rush very well even against speed rushers who really gave him fits last year and he is still a beast in run blocking.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
The Well Known Manning Effect.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #9
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Franklin is lights above his rookie season...he gets it! One reason to not judge too quickly on some positions during a player's rookie season. I think cornerback is one tough position to adjust from college.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #10
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
PFF has Franklin rated as the #1 RT in the league.

Clady is the #7 LT
Beadles is the #7 LG
Walton is the #6 C
Ramirez is the #18 RG

I guess knowing what you're supposed to be doing is helpful to an OL.

In case anyone isn't familiar with PFF, this isn't just someone's opinion. They break down every play, looking at the responsibilities of each player and determining how well each player is doing what they are asked to do.
I do not want to tell everyone i told you so but......

The line was not nearly as bad as everyone was saying. Tim Tebow was the problem, not the offensive line. A real QB does wonders for how we the public perceives the OL and how they are playing.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #11
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

He's good at recovering fumbles, too. Oh, wait.........
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #12
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I do not want to tell everyone i told you so but......

The line was not nearly as bad as everyone was saying. Tim Tebow was the problem, not the offensive line. A real QB does wonders for how we the public perceives the OL and how they are playing.
It's amazing how well it helps, when the offensive line doesn't have to hold their blocks. We just need to work on the WR routes, and we'll be solid...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #13
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Franklin has made amazing improvement with his footwork. He's the best offensive lineman on the team. If Kuper can come back at 100% this is the best line in the whole league. Hell even Walton looks to be really improved.
Franklin has looked awesome, but Beadles has been beastly so far this season.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #14
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

None of this surprises me. Obviously, the coaches see Franklin everyday in practice and knew his only problem was getting experience. Same thing with Beadles and Walton.

But the experts on this board watches a rookie in preseason and already expect him to be playing at the level of a solid veteran. I.E., we have countless threads and posts asking, or demanding, that Franklin gets kicked inside to guard because he struggled in preseason as a rookie & had growing pains as a starter. Not everyone can play like Clady as a rookie. That's why Clady was a high #1 pick and Orlando was a mid-to-low 2nd round pick.

Phillip Blake is already a bust to some because he struggled as a rookie. I will not believe it until he is cut from the team. He was stashed on IR because he just isn't ready, but they want to give him another year to improve. I don't believe for a minute that he was drafted to start this year. They are obviously, very happy with Walton and Beadles.

These Broncos coaches are good, folks, real good; esp. Maguzu & JDR. Which is why I won't worry about Rahim Moore until the coaches themselves give up on him and cut him.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #15
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Franklin has looked awesome, but Beadles has been beastly so far this season.
It's only been two games into the season, but I'm just baffled as to the Pro-Bowl season Beadles is having so far, given his performance last year.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #16
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i never had an issue with Franklin. i don't know if it's Elway or Elway listening to his people, but dude is beastly at drafting.
it's kinda starting to freak me out with the players he's brought in in just two drafts.
but i must wholeheartedly apologize to Zane Beadles.
i dogged that man out something fierce last season and he and Franklin have been beasts this season.

i don't know what happened to Zane, if the change in offense is helping him, studying with Manning or he just finally "gets it." but the boy has been a bad, bad man this year.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #17
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

I've got to admit... hated when the Broncos drafted Franklin. Then, I wanted them to move him to guard. But after the first two games, he's been great at right tackle. Great pick by the Broncos, gotta give credit where credit is due.

BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #18
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
None of this surprises me. Obviously, the coaches see Franklin everyday in practice and knew his only problem was getting experience. Same thing with Beadles and Walton.

But the experts on this board watches a rookie in preseason and already expect him to be playing at the level of a solid veteran. I.E., we have countless threads and posts asking, or demanding, that Franklin gets kicked inside to guard because he struggled in preseason as a rookie & had growing pains as a starter. Not everyone can play like Clady as a rookie. That's why Clady was a high #1 pick and Orlando was a mid-to-low 2nd round pick.

Phillip Blake is already a bust to some because he struggled as a rookie. I will not believe it until he is cut from the team. He was stashed on IR because he just isn't ready, but they want to give him another year to improve. I don't believe for a minute that he was drafted to start this year. They are obviously, very happy with Walton and Beadles.

These Broncos coaches are good, folks, real good; esp. Maguzu & JDR. Which is why I won't worry about Rahim Moore until the coaches themselves give up on him and cut him.
I do not even know how many times I said much the same thing.

Whe it comes down to OL play in particular it is knowing and trusting the guy next to you. Absolutely knowing what the guy next to you will do in every situation. Trusting it will happen. That does not come in a few games. In some cases years look at the really great OLs KC had one in front of Trent green they led the league in running and pass protect hell it was so good TY was all pro a few years. They did not have the best talent but it was good and they were together for almost a decade at the end.

But alas they all got old at the same time and one of the huge reasons that led to the chefs sucking like they do today.

Instead of infusing a new guy every few years to keep them less than ancient.

What we have in DEN is good if they all stay healthy. Lupe has a area more great years in him then it is time to make him a backup and put a stud in there. Give it a couple of years after that and do the same with Clady.

IMO LOS talent should be drafted #1 like every other year. One year OL and next time DL. Keeps the talent young that way.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #19
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Doesnt this show what kind of a joke PFF is?

According to them we had a terrible line last year
I think Walton, Franklin, and Beadles were all ranked like among the worst of their position
And Clady was garbage to according to them

All of a sudden they are among the best?

I do not think any line could effectively block for the player nicknamed "pocket sloth" and the guy who takes 8 seconds to throw like our guys were asked to do last year

Line looks good though, very happy with Franklin
Still not convinced Beadles and Walton can be long term starters, but they will have time to prove it
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #20
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i never had an issue with Franklin. i don't know if it's Elway or Elway listening to his people, but dude is beastly at drafting.
it's kinda starting to freak me out with the players he's brought in in just two drafts.
i dogged that man out something fierce last season and he and Franklin have been beasts this season.

i don't know what happened to Zane, if the change in offense is helping him, studying with Manning or he just finally "gets it." but the boy has been a bad, bad man this year.
Being a third year guy having a real offseason this year to get the weight room reps in with guidance from professionals. Having a real OL coach and manning behind him have all helped.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #21
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
It's a combo of both. To his credit, last year he put his ego aside and was willing to learn the job. He took-in tremendous input from Matt Russel, Fox, and yes, Xanders. I assure you that taking Von Miller instead of Marcell Dareous(the consensus pick) and Wolfe before all the usual suspects is because he listens to Fox & the scouts, esp on defense.

Quote:
Two things: Maguzu & time. Believe me on this, Maguzu is the 2nd best OL coach the Broncos has ever had, behind Alex Gibbs, and the gap is closing.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #22
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

I don't know about the best O-lineman but he has been pretty damn good.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachm...1&d=1348078173

and he reminds me of this dude which in one bad mother ******er

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachm...1&d=1348079604
Attached Images

Quoydogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #23
Drunken.Broncoholic

You could cut his head off and send that head into the game and it would block a defender.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #24
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
It's a combo of both. To his credit, last year he put his ego aside and was willing to learn the job. He took-in tremendous input from Matt Russel, Fox, and yes, Xanders. I assure you that taking Von Miller instead of Marcell Dareous(the consensus pick) and Wolfe before all the usual suspects is because he listens to Fox & the scouts, esp on defense.

Two things: Maguzu & time. Believe me on this, Maguzu is the 2nd best OL coach the Broncos has ever had, behind Alex Gibbs, and the gap is closing.
i know Maguzu is good, i just thought Walton and Beadles were a lost cause.
Beadles has become a beast though so far. he and Kuper will be a very nice guard tandem to go along with a very nice tackle tandem of Clady and Franklin.

i kind of figured it was a combo of both. he's been really smart in most of his decisions and has been money on them for the most part.
we just need a MLB and a DT and we'll be set on D.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #25
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Cant wait to see Kuper back in that line, then we'll be a top 5-10 line for sure and moving upward quickly.
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote