The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
bombquixote
Ring of Famer
 
bombquixote's Avatar
 
11-5 in 2009

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Perineum
Posts: 1,114
Default Perspective

Our three losses have been to what are perhaps the three best teams in the league. Two of those losses were road games in notoriously tough venues, and in all three games the broncos played competitive football. We all knew the first part of this season was going to be murderers row, and considering that Manning is only now coming into form and the team only now beginning to gel, things aren't going too badly. Last week's beatdown of the Fade shows what this team is capable of, and where it's headed. If we can spank San Diego next week (and I think we will), we head into the bye week at 3-3, after which the schedule gets much easier. The sky is not falling. This team will be fine.

If we lose next week, then I'll be worried. For the moment, we're about where I thought we'd be at this point when the season began.
bombquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer
 
Broncos4Life's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 1,801
Default

This.

Kinda what I've been thinking.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,802

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Forget about the loss..Why do we start playing better only during 4th quarter..
This is the way we played last year also.
Until this is fixed..we will not win games against good teams.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
NorCalBronco7
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Good post sir
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #5
menonite
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

How can this team go deep into the playoffs? I just don't see it with this defense.

Winning the division would be nice and all, but if it's followed up by a playoff asskicking I just can't get too excited about it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,745

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

Really need the Saints to win tonight. Then we need to beat San Diego next week. Then I'll feel better.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #7
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,116
Default

3 plays could have turned a 31-7 game into 24-17 game

DT's fumble , a 3rd and 14 from NE 20 and a 3rd and 17 from NE 30

It doesn't take much to turn a rout into a close game
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #8
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,521
Default

We've lost 3 games to teams that are a combined 12-2.....with two of our losses on the road. Two of the teams are arguably this season's SB favorites (Texans and Falcons) and the other is a perrennial SB contender in NE.

Why half of the clowns on here choose to be self-loathing idiots is beyond me.....

We could be the Saints who wished they were 2-3 instead of 0-4....BTW, the Packers are 2-3 as well. Who would have thought the Cardinals would be 3-1?

We got beat by the ****ing Patriots on the road.....big deal...it happens. Unless you thought we'd go 14-2 this season, then why all the whining?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #9
Vine
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Moral victories are for losers only.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #10
menonite
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Immoral victories are for the Patriots.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #11
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,871
Default

Turnovers killed us more than anything. Even as bad as the D was, turnovers played a bigger role.

We stop dropping balls, getting stripped, etc... We will be just fine.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #12
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
3 plays could have turned a 31-7 game into 24-17 game

DT's fumble , a 3rd and 14 from NE 20 and a 3rd and 17 from NE 30

It doesn't take much to turn a rout into a close game
Exactly....

We probably score a TD on that opening drive...but we made way too many mistakes vs a very good Patriots team. Losing the turnover battle was one of the key reasons we lost today

McGahee dropped 4th down pass...not to mention Manning getting stripped of ball on sack gave them 7 points as well and fumbling the ball inside the 10 didn't help us either.


I know, I know... woulda, shoulda, coulda...but this team is not as bad as some of you clowns think they are.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #13
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
Moral victories are for losers only.
Do you recall that NCAA championship game where the Cornhuskers lost to the Canes?

What cost Nebraska that game?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #14
NorCalBronco7
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I know, I know... woulda, shoulda, coulda...but this team is not as bad as some of you clowns think they are.
If anyones remembers anything about today, its this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #15
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,338

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
3 plays could have turned a 31-7 game into 24-17 game

DT's fumble , a 3rd and 14 from NE 20 and a 3rd and 17 from NE 30

It doesn't take much to turn a rout into a close game
Willis dropped 4th down pass and his fumble. The retarded run play called on that 3rd and 5 after getting a stop. If we could cut the boneheaded **** from players and coaches we could be looking better. Its sad that our coaching staff is a liability.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #16
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 20,693
Default

It all boils down to beating the guy in front of you, and if they didn't beat the man in front of them then they need to get off they're asses and go to practice and work on getting better so they can!
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #17
Vine
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Do you recall that NCAA championship game where the Cornhuskers lost to the Canes?

What cost Nebraska that game?
I hate the Huskers. Nice try.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #18
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
I hate the Huskers. Nice try.
So you still don't recall the game?

Even the casual fan that saw the game remembers most of it....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #19
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombquixote View Post
Our three losses have been to what are perhaps the three best teams in the league. Two of those losses were road games in notoriously tough venues, and in all three games the broncos played competitive football. We all knew the first part of this season was going to be murderers row, and considering that Manning is only now coming into form and the team only now beginning to gel, things aren't going too badly. Last week's beatdown of the Fade shows what this team is capable of, and where it's headed. If we can spank San Diego next week (and I think we will), we head into the bye week at 3-3, after which the schedule gets much easier. The sky is not falling. This team will be fine.

If we lose next week, then I'll be worried. For the moment, we're about where I thought we'd be at this point when the season began.

Hell I thought we would be 1-4 at this time.. I did not think we would be quite this competitive.. Until later in the season.. figured we would be coming out of the bye week 1-5 with some winnable games coming up..

Looking at SAN and how they have been playing beating them in SAN might be more than I can count on.....

Hopefully the Saints can beat them up a lot tonight..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #20
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Do you recall that NCAA championship game where the Cornhuskers lost to the Canes?

What cost Nebraska that game?
The Canes having 22 first round picks on that roster.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #21
Vine
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
So you still don't recall the game?

Even the casual fan that saw the game remembers most of it....
Was it 1986? Nebraska played Miami 2 or 3 different times for the national championship if I am not mistaken. One of those games Nebraska went for 2 to win instead of kicking the ep to tie. Another game (I think in the early 90's) came down to the final minute or so before Nebraska ended up losing. So long ago, I was pretty young and don't remember a lot of details.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #22
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,998

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Really need the Saints to win tonight. Then we need to beat San Diego next week. Then I'll feel better.
I agree with your second point. To be honest, I don't care if the Saints win tonight or not. Don't get me wrong, logically I understand we want SD to lose.

But my point is, if we can beat SD next week, go 2-0 in the division, and be 3-3 at our bye week, I'll be perfectly fine with where we are.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #23
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,338

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Hell I thought we would be 1-4 at this time.. I did not think we would be quite this competitive.. Until later in the season.. figured we would be coming out of the bye week 1-5 with some winnable games coming up..

Looking at SAN and how they have been playing beating them in SAN might be more than I can count on.....

Hopefully the Saints can beat them up a lot tonight..
SD got smacked by the only good team they have played. If we can get over the boneheaded turnovers and play calling we could be in business.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #24
uplink
Ring of Famer
 
uplink's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,104
Default

The broncos just need to get into the playoffs, I like the chances to win with Manning even on the road. As time goes by the offense will get better and better as players gel.
Just got to win all the division games.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #25
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,509

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
I agree with your second point. To be honest, I don't care if the Saints win tonight or not. Don't get me wrong, logically I understand we want SD to lose.

But my point is, if we can beat SD next week, go 2-0 in the division, and be 3-3 at our bye week, I'll be perfectly fine with where we are.
This. All full-retarding aside, this team could potentially survive a brutal schedule stretch at .500. Beat the teams you should beat and a toss-up game or two and 10-6 wins the West. Everybody who wasn't in retard homer mode knew this probably wasn't a Superbowl contending team this year.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:25 PM.


Denver Broncos