The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
Vine
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default Manning and Fox clashing styles

It's only a matter of time when Fox's conservative style conflicting with Manning's style is going to blow up on national tv.

Like that game last year against the Chiefs when the Broncos decided to punt at the end of the 1st half when in Prater's FG range. Manning won't go for this type of sh** and it's only a matter of time when something like this is going to happen.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Stick to crying on one thread.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,610

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Yeah a totally worthwhile thread.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,532

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

I don't understand this criticism. John Fox is not calling the offensive plays (at least not to my knowledge). Actually, theoretically, neither is McCoy, at least to the extent that you see Manning constantly checking in and out of plays. Sometimes, he will even keep a play but adjust a single route to something thats not in the playbook at all, just because he sees something. Remember when he brought Thomas over and whispered something to him when they were already in formation and then there was a big gain on a streak route? That might have been what that was.

This is Manning's offense. With the freedom he has, he IS the OC. As such, I'm not seeing the conflict.

I dont think choices in gray areas on 4th downs are a big part of the game. They happen maybe once or twice a game. If we're donig what we need to be doing, that's not going to affect the game.
__________________


Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #5
Vine
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I don't understand this criticism. John Fox is not calling the offensive plays (at least not to my knowledge). Actually, theoretically, neither is McCoy, at least to the extent that you see Manning constantly checking in and out of plays. Sometimes, he will even keep a play but adjust a single route to something thats not in the playbook at all, just because he sees something. Remember when he brought Thomas over and whispered something to him when they were already in formation and then there was a big gain on a streak route? That might have been what that was.

This is Manning's offense. With the freedom he has, he IS the OC. As such, I'm not seeing the conflict.

I dont think choices in gray areas on 4th downs are a big part of the game. They happen maybe once or twice a game. If we're donig what we need to be doing, that's not going to affect the game.

This thread isn't about the playcalling. It is about a conservative coach and a qb who likes to keep things opened up, and likes to take chances. If you don't think there is conflict here, then I think you are mistaken.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #6
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,139

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

I have a hard time believing Manning would run the ball on 3rd and 5 while down multiple scores in the second half and moving the ball. That play call had McCoy's name all over it.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #7
Vine
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I have seen Manning wave the punt team off the field in 4th and short situations. Like I said, it is only a matter of time when this becomes a national issue.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #8
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
This thread isn't about the playcalling. It is about a conservative coach and a qb who likes to keep things opened up, and likes to take chances. If you don't think there is conflict here, then I think you are mistaken.
So 4th and 1 and Manning throws a deep pass tells me there isn't a problem
You think Manning is not adverse to changing the play on 3rd and 5 to a pass if he thought the run was going to get stuffed

Nice try but Manning is in full control
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #9
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,650

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
I have seen Manning wave the punt team off the field in 4th and short situations. Like I said, it is only a matter of time when this becomes a national issue.
Hopefully it's only a matter of time and you **** up and the board is free from your "I have something on my mind threads" after every game.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #10
Vine
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
So 4th and 1 and Manning throws a deep pass tells me there isn't a problem
You think Manning is not adverse to changing the play on 3rd and 5 to a pass if he thought the run was going to get stuffed

Nice try but Manning is in full control
So you are saying that Manning gets to decide if a team punts, kicks a FG, or calls an offensive play on 4th downs? Sorry, I don't think any qb in the NFL has that much power.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #11
Vine
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Hopefully it's only a matter of time and you **** up and the board is free from your "I have something on my mind threads" after every game.

Keep trying.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #12
NorCalBronco7
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Hopefully it's only a matter of time and you **** up and the board is free from your "I have something on my mind threads" after every game.
INDEED
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #13
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
So you are saying that Manning gets to decide if a team punts, kicks a FG, or calls an offensive play on 4th downs? Sorry, I don't think any qb in the NFL has that much power.
Never implied that.

You're making crap up. I'm talking about running the offense and moving the chains

You want to pull up some thing that happened years ago as some sort of prediction of the future

Wow just wow on the IQ of the board after a loss

Last edited by CEH; 10-07-2012 at 07:38 PM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #14
Vine
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Never implied that.

You're making crap up. I'm talking about running the offense and moving the chains

You want to pull up some thing that happened years ago as some sort of prediction of the future

Wow just wow on the IQ of the board after a loss
Well you did say he was in full control. Then you mentioned situations about him audibling. I am not disputing Manning's power to call plays or how he executes plays. I am just saying that there is going to come a time when Manning wants to keep the offense on the field and the coach is going to want to punt or kick a FG. This will happen enough times, and what probably already is an internal issue will eventually become a public issue.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #15
Vine
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

As for someone who claims to be a Broncos fan, I absolutely know that 100% beyond all doubt that anything said will not be intelligent discussion to anything ever, so this will be all that I see....

DBroncos4life This message is hidden because DBroncos4life is on your ignore list.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #16
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer
 
Broncos4Life's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 1,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I have a hard time believing Manning would run the ball on 3rd and 5 while down multiple scores in the second half and moving the ball. That play call had McCoy's name all over it.
That play was a defining moment in this game. Just a horrible call.
Do any of you actually believe that that is the play Manning wanted to call in that situation? Is that the play that Rivers/Brees/Rodgers/Brady would have called too?

BS!
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #17
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,650

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
As for someone who claims to be a Broncos fan, I absolutely know that 100% beyond all doubt that anything said will not be intelligent discussion to anything ever, so this will be all that I see....

DBroncos4life This message is hidden because DBroncos4life is on your ignore list.
Oh no
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #18
Vine
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

DBroncos4life
This message is hidden because DBroncos4life is on your ignore list.


I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #19
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
So 4th and 1 and Manning throws a deep pass tells me there isn't a problem
You think Manning is not adverse to changing the play on 3rd and 5 to a pass if he thought the run was going to get stuffed

Nice try but Manning is in full control
Why spend all that money to not let the man loose? We're doing hurry up because of him.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #20
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,650

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
DBroncos4life
This message is hidden because DBroncos4life is on your ignore list.


I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
It's like I made a house inside this clowns head and he is showing it off on MTV cribs
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #21
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,286

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
It's only a matter of time when Fox's conservative style conflicting with Manning's style is going to blow up on national tv.

Like that game last year against the Chiefs when the Broncos decided to punt at the end of the 1st half when in Prater's FG range. Manning won't go for this type of sh** and it's only a matter of time when something like this is going to happen.
Give me a break on this noise. Peyton slung the ball 44 times today for about 350, and like it or not a team needs to run the ball to complement the pass. We ran 20 times today. A rate of over 2 passes to every run. Peyton is fine in the offense, if he has an issue it is the D not getting the opposition off the field, drops by his receivers or untimely mistakes by the team.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #22
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,286

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4Life View Post
That play was a defining moment in this game. Just a horrible call.
Do any of you actually believe that that is the play Manning wanted to call in that situation? Is that the play that Rivers/Brees/Rodgers/Brady would have called too?

BS!
Have you not seen Peyton audible? Even if and when McCoy calls a play if Manning gets to the line and sees the play will get stuffed or sees an opening for a better play he will check to a different play. The threat of McCoy getting upset won't deter Peyton from doing what he sees as the best option on the field
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #23
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

Is this Stormvine from the ESPN boards from way back?


If so, then get your ass back over there.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:45 AM   #24
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,870

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

I think some people have a tendency to forget that once upon a time, Tony Dungy was known as a defensive minded and offensively conservative coach.

#18 changes things.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #25
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,630

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

Manning wouldn't be here, if it wasn't for Fox.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Denver Broncos