The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
Vine

Default Manning and Fox clashing styles

It's only a matter of time when Fox's conservative style conflicting with Manning's style is going to blow up on national tv.

Like that game last year against the Chiefs when the Broncos decided to punt at the end of the 1st half when in Prater's FG range. Manning won't go for this type of sh** and it's only a matter of time when something like this is going to happen.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
Drunken.Broncoholic

Stick to crying on one thread.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Yeah a totally worthwhile thread.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I don't understand this criticism. John Fox is not calling the offensive plays (at least not to my knowledge). Actually, theoretically, neither is McCoy, at least to the extent that you see Manning constantly checking in and out of plays. Sometimes, he will even keep a play but adjust a single route to something thats not in the playbook at all, just because he sees something. Remember when he brought Thomas over and whispered something to him when they were already in formation and then there was a big gain on a streak route? That might have been what that was.

This is Manning's offense. With the freedom he has, he IS the OC. As such, I'm not seeing the conflict.

I dont think choices in gray areas on 4th downs are a big part of the game. They happen maybe once or twice a game. If we're donig what we need to be doing, that's not going to affect the game.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #5
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I don't understand this criticism. John Fox is not calling the offensive plays (at least not to my knowledge). Actually, theoretically, neither is McCoy, at least to the extent that you see Manning constantly checking in and out of plays. Sometimes, he will even keep a play but adjust a single route to something thats not in the playbook at all, just because he sees something. Remember when he brought Thomas over and whispered something to him when they were already in formation and then there was a big gain on a streak route? That might have been what that was.

This is Manning's offense. With the freedom he has, he IS the OC. As such, I'm not seeing the conflict.

I dont think choices in gray areas on 4th downs are a big part of the game. They happen maybe once or twice a game. If we're donig what we need to be doing, that's not going to affect the game.

This thread isn't about the playcalling. It is about a conservative coach and a qb who likes to keep things opened up, and likes to take chances. If you don't think there is conflict here, then I think you are mistaken.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #6
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

I have a hard time believing Manning would run the ball on 3rd and 5 while down multiple scores in the second half and moving the ball. That play call had McCoy's name all over it.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #7
Vine

I have seen Manning wave the punt team off the field in 4th and short situations. Like I said, it is only a matter of time when this becomes a national issue.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #8
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
This thread isn't about the playcalling. It is about a conservative coach and a qb who likes to keep things opened up, and likes to take chances. If you don't think there is conflict here, then I think you are mistaken.
So 4th and 1 and Manning throws a deep pass tells me there isn't a problem
You think Manning is not adverse to changing the play on 3rd and 5 to a pass if he thought the run was going to get stuffed

Nice try but Manning is in full control
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #9
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I have seen Manning wave the punt team off the field in 4th and short situations. Like I said, it is only a matter of time when this becomes a national issue.
Hopefully it's only a matter of time and you **** up and the board is free from your "I have something on my mind threads" after every game.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #10
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
You think Manning is not adverse to changing the play on 3rd and 5 to a pass if he thought the run was going to get stuffed

So you are saying that Manning gets to decide if a team punts, kicks a FG, or calls an offensive play on 4th downs? Sorry, I don't think any qb in the NFL has that much power.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #11
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Hopefully it's only a matter of time and you **** up and the board is free from your "I have something on my mind threads" after every game.

Keep trying.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #12
NorCalBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
INDEED
Old 10-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #13
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So you are saying that Manning gets to decide if a team punts, kicks a FG, or calls an offensive play on 4th downs? Sorry, I don't think any qb in the NFL has that much power.
Never implied that.

You're making crap up. I'm talking about running the offense and moving the chains

You want to pull up some thing that happened years ago as some sort of prediction of the future

Wow just wow on the IQ of the board after a loss

Last edited by CEH; 10-07-2012 at 07:38 PM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #14
Vine

Quote:
Never implied that.

You're making crap up. I'm talking about running the offense and moving the chains

You want to pull up some thing that happened years ago as some sort of prediction of the future

Wow just wow on the IQ of the board after a loss
Well you did say he was in full control. Then you mentioned situations about him audibling. I am not disputing Manning's power to call plays or how he executes plays. I am just saying that there is going to come a time when Manning wants to keep the offense on the field and the coach is going to want to punt or kick a FG. This will happen enough times, and what probably already is an internal issue will eventually become a public issue.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #15
Vine

As for someone who claims to be a Broncos fan, I absolutely know that 100% beyond all doubt that anything said will not be intelligent discussion to anything ever, so this will be all that I see....

DBroncos4life This message is hidden because DBroncos4life is on your ignore list.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #16
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I have a hard time believing Manning would run the ball on 3rd and 5 while down multiple scores in the second half and moving the ball. That play call had McCoy's name all over it.
That play was a defining moment in this game. Just a horrible call.
Do any of you actually believe that that is the play Manning wanted to call in that situation? Is that the play that Rivers/Brees/Rodgers/Brady would have called too?

BS!
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #17
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
As for someone who claims to be a Broncos fan, I absolutely know that 100% beyond all doubt that anything said will not be intelligent discussion to anything ever, so this will be all that I see....

DBroncos4life This message is hidden because DBroncos4life is on your ignore list.
Oh no
Old 10-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #18
Vine

DBroncos4life
This message is hidden because DBroncos4life is on your ignore list.

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #19
nyuk nyuk

Quote:

Why spend all that money to not let the man loose? We're doing hurry up because of him.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #20
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
DBroncos4life
This message is hidden because DBroncos4life is on your ignore list.

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
It's like I made a house inside this clowns head and he is showing it off on MTV cribs
Old 10-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #21
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
It's only a matter of time when Fox's conservative style conflicting with Manning's style is going to blow up on national tv.

Like that game last year against the Chiefs when the Broncos decided to punt at the end of the 1st half when in Prater's FG range. Manning won't go for this type of sh** and it's only a matter of time when something like this is going to happen.
Give me a break on this noise. Peyton slung the ball 44 times today for about 350, and like it or not a team needs to run the ball to complement the pass. We ran 20 times today. A rate of over 2 passes to every run. Peyton is fine in the offense, if he has an issue it is the D not getting the opposition off the field, drops by his receivers or untimely mistakes by the team.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #22
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4Life View Post
That play was a defining moment in this game. Just a horrible call.
Do any of you actually believe that that is the play Manning wanted to call in that situation? Is that the play that Rivers/Brees/Rodgers/Brady would have called too?

BS!
Have you not seen Peyton audible? Even if and when McCoy calls a play if Manning gets to the line and sees the play will get stuffed or sees an opening for a better play he will check to a different play. The threat of McCoy getting upset won't deter Peyton from doing what he sees as the best option on the field
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #23
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

Is this Stormvine from the ESPN boards from way back?

If so, then get your ass back over there.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:45 AM   #24
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I think some people have a tendency to forget that once upon a time, Tony Dungy was known as a defensive minded and offensively conservative coach.

#18 changes things.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #25
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Manning wouldn't be here, if it wasn't for Fox.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote