The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default It's been 4 games, are we getting DJ back in 2 more or what?

I haven't seen anything on the league adding more games to his suspension. I think if they were going to, the league should do it by week 1. I think if it's game 6 and they come out and say we're going to add more games that would be total BS. You now are doing more then suspending the player, you're affecting the team now by not allowing them enough time to make decisions.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Based on a recent Klis article, it seems they will soon add 2 more games for the 2010 incident since the matter finally proceeded to trial in 2012 and he got a DWAI for it.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Woody is playing lights out in his old WLB spot. But I would take him at middle over Brooking any day of the week. But since Mays is back and Brooking gives us depth... I say we trade him by the deadline.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Woody is playing lights out in his old WLB spot. But I would take him at middle over Brooking any day of the week. But since Mays is back and Brooking gives us depth... I say we trade him by the deadline.
for P willis strait up or maybe throw in a 7th and get Bowman too
Old 10-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
Action

I don't see us trading DJ since we won't get any value for him.

He's our only "true" starting LB for the 4-3.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #6
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Based on a recent Klis article, it seems they will soon add 2 more games for the 2010 incident since the matter finally proceeded to trial in 2012 and he got a DWAI for it.
They will make the decision soon to add the 2 games? This is what I'm talking about. Goodell is such a F'n joke as a commish. You have all the info you need to make the decision and you've had it for months now. Do it or don't do it. Why wait around until a week before he's supposed to come back and possibly affect coaching or team decisions. This dude has no idea how to run a league.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #7
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post

We will be very unhappy with his play once he gets back. Seems he did his playing with illegal stimulants and now he will be coming back rusty without his goodie bag. Does Merriman post steroids play ring a bell?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #8
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
They will make the decision soon to add the 2 games? This is what I'm talking about. Goodell is such a F'n joke as a commish. You have all the info you need to make the decision and you've had it for months now. Do it or don't do it. Why wait around until a week before he's supposed to come back and possibly affect coaching or team decisions. This dude has no idea how to run a league.
He just got convicted on the charge last week I believe.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 10-01-2012 at 09:56 PM..
Old 10-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #9
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
We will be very unhappy with his play once he gets back. Seems he did his playing with illegal stimulants and now he will be coming back rusty without his goodie bag. Does Merriman post steroids play ring a bell?
At least Merriman was a beast when on roids... on the other hand DJ on roids was fairly average.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #10
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
At least Merriman was a beast when on roids... on the other hand DJ on roids was fairly average.
exactly. All those clamoring for him will soon realize he is just an average body but was better than what we have. Of course that is when he is on his juice.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #11
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
DJ was not average, can we give that **** a break already. He was a candidate for rookie of the year when he came into the league. They moved him all over and let's not forget we've had like a million DC's in the past 7 years. I think he also led the league in tackled in 07 or 08, something like that. Yeah, he's made some bone head plays but to say he's an average LB is total BS.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #12
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
DJ was not average, can we give that **** a break already. He was a candidate for rookie of the year when he came into the league. They moved him all over and let's not forget we've had like a million DC's in the past 7 years. I think he also led the league in tackled in 07 or 08, something like that. Yeah, he's made some bone head plays but to say he's an average LB is total BS.
Slightly above average then.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #13
Action

Quote:
Who said it's steroids?

It could be cocaine for all we know.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #14
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
ok... above average. DJ looked great when he got here... you are right... we screwed him over with all the chances. For the most part he was a good soldier... but could be seen frustrated. Sorry Zona... I know you love the dude, but we can't no longer wait for the potential that never materialized. We have to move on, we don't need the services of a LB whose specialty is running the ball carrier down 5 yards after the 1st down marker.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #15
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

DJ is in full party mode so I doubt he's back any time soon. When week 8 rolls around he'll probably stop drinking and sober up long enough to think about some football.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #16
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
I haven't seen anything on the league adding more games to his suspension. I think if they were going to, the league should do it by week 1. I think if it's game 6 and they come out and say we're going to add more games that would be total BS. You now are doing more then suspending the player, you're affecting the team now by not allowing them enough time to make decisions.
or What!!

With all the other things of more importance than a moron WLB for the broncos that is on a 6 game suspension.. since the trial was not over till mid AUG, considering those two items and probably add in NOL and all of their chats wit the commish and lets not forget the ref strike..

I suspect we will hear from Goodell when we hear from him.. DJ the moron is small potatoes and not going anywhere for another two week at the least..

I'd be surprised if he does not get at least two more weeks for the DUI and a third for general overall dumbassery. Maybe 2 .

Even if he does come back I'm guessing that John will cut him loose unless we lose another LB between now and then.. save a ton of Pats money.. Give us wiggle room for signing more FA when we IR a couple of more players..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #17
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post

I guess that Miller is chopped liver?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #18
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
who says he would be goodie free? he would just have to pass the test when coming back IIRC those items clear your body each time you use non human urine
Old 10-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #19
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
ok... above average. DJ looked great when he got here... you are right... we screwed him over with all the chances. For the most part he was a good soldier... but could be seen frustrated. Sorry Zona... I know you love the dude, but we can't no longer wait for the potential that never materialized. We have to move on, we don't need the services of a LB whose specialty is running the ball carrier down 5 yards after the 1st down marker.
Actually is was just after the first down was made....

I can say I do not remember him making a stop at the LOS and other than a couple of sacks never behind the LOS there was always positive yards..

I watched him a lot when I kept hearing everyone rave about his stats..

Did he get screwed in the Gold deal absolutely, but life goes on and it seems he compensated with drugs and booze..

I was really pissed when Tanahan gave him a really fat contract he deserved a good one but that was wasted money for what he did..
Old 10-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #20
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I don't think Elway and Pat are concerned about saving a few bucks knowing their window with Manning is only a few years. DJ could help this team and I don't think they are willing to take the risk to save a few bucks right now. End of season, who knows, anything could happen. But right now, there's no way. Mays is nothing special at all, please don't try and ague he is. We all know Irving sucks and was a blown pick. Trev and Brooking, nice players but I don't think they could outplay DJ right now. Woodyard is playing well right now, I'll give him that. I don't love DJ. I just think he's a better overall LB then anybody we have. There are guys like Miller who rush better and maybe play the run better but we will need DJ. He's about the only LB I have confidence in covering TE's and he's solid. Maybe not special the last few years but better then most of our LB's. This team, no doubt, needs to pick up an impact LB next year in the draft or FA. No doubt about it.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:29 AM   #21
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Jesus.. no one here can say with a straight face that DJ Williams isn't a significant upgrade at MLB over Mays or Brooking.

However, this is completely dependent upon DJ being in football shape and having his head in the game. This part could be debatable. But Fox and JDR aren't going to just throw him out there if he isn't ready.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:36 AM   #22
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
Jesus.. no one here can say with a straight face that DJ Williams isn't a significant upgrade at MLB over Mays or Brooking.

However, this is completely dependent upon DJ being in football shape and having his head in the game. This part could be debatable. But Fox and JDR aren't going to just throw him out there if he isn't ready.
Dj be asked to make calls for the front seven again. Hell he could not do it years ago and asking him to learn a new scheme in a few weeks to do it again.

They know he is a moron. They have known that since his iPad incident, DUI, and pissing contest.

I fail to understand how anyone could want this ass clown back. There is nothing he can improve on over the guys that are playing.

I'd guess the only reason they keep him is if they lose someone to IR between now and when he finally comes back about game 10 or so.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:43 AM   #23
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
I don't think Elway and Pat are concerned about saving a few bucks knowing their window with Manning is only a few years. DJ could help this team and I don't think they are willing to take the risk to save a few bucks right now. End of season, who knows, anything could happen. But right now, there's no way. Mays is nothing special at all, please don't try and ague he is. We all know Irving sucks and was a blown pick. Trev and Brooking, nice players but I don't think they could outplay DJ right now. Woodyard is playing well right now, I'll give him that. I don't love DJ. I just think he's a better overall LB then anybody we have. There are guys like Miller who rush better and maybe play the run better but we will need DJ. He's about the only LB I have confidence in covering TE's and he's solid. Maybe not special the last few years but better then most of our LB's. This team, no doubt, needs to pick up an impact LB next year in the draft or FA. No doubt about it.
What horse crap, "I don't love DJ". you protect and stick up for him all the time..

He is not better than Miller who has been doing it all. Cover, stop the run set the edge and sack the QB. That is one LB right there.

I'd put miller on a TE in a heart beat.

DJ is nothing special and will be gone next year any how and the manning BS about winning now is just that. Yes they want to win but this moron is plain dumb. Asking him to step in at about week ten if he is in football shape to pick up the scheme they have been playing all year would be stupid UNLESS there is no one else do to injuries.

All the other LBs are at this point 4 weeks ahead of him at least and that is a fact jack.

Stop the bromance it is not becoming.

Last edited by lonestar; 10-02-2012 at 05:11 PM..
Old 10-02-2012, 05:25 AM   #24
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

I don't have any real issues with DJ's play.

The problem I have is WW is playing lights out and he's an upstanding guy that deserves to start right now. I'd rather have DJ take over at Mike and have DJ, WW & Miller playing LB.
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #25
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Meh, I don't see much difference in our overall defense with or without DJ (at Will anyways), and yes, I'd rather we put DJ at Mike, keep WWIII at Will, and relegate Joe Mays to special teams...

ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote